Hello from SW WI, my name is Galen Govier and I just signed up to this site.

-
Thanks Comrade. USMC Hollywood Marine January 1977 Platoon 1012. MOS 0341 > 1381. Got to see the world during Peacetime 3rd and 2nd Marine Division. I'd do it all over again!
Galen
June 1977 Parris Island. MOS 2828/2811/2800. HQ Co 4th Marines, 3rd MARDIV, 2nd MAW, MWCS 28, Cherry Point. Semper Fi. I own 3 of your little white books. Welcome to FABO.

Welcome...thank you for your service and for your contributions to our hobby.

Awful mean spirited to post a crack/put-down referencing cancer...directed at a guy who lost his wife to cancer.

Just sayin'

I've met Galen at a few shows over the years, and have heard the stories since then.
I dunno anything about those, partly because I've never been fortunate enough to have a car where documentation would have been an issue.
I've only been able to get known, "one of a gazillion" vehicles that are also either known not to be numbers matching, or even if they were, being Numbers matching or not wouldn't make a whole 50¢ difference in what I could possibly get for any of them.... never a 6 pack or 340 or hemi among them..... lessee.... a 85/6 D150... that I swapped engines in, myself....current /6 is a 74 with a 77 head....
A Durango with 300k+ on it.... a rotted out 96 Dakota.... a "low line" 78 fury 2 door hardtop with a 318.... and more, over the years .. none worth losing sleep over "originality" on...

Like said above I say welcome Mr. G and time will tell what contributions he chooses to make to our forum. Again, I say Welcome.

My take is that anyone that shares any time in the sun, will always have someone making a negative comment be it deserved or not.

As far as myself, personally I have always figured I am as perfect a human being as there is.... I was wrong once I thought, but then I realized NO iwas NOT wrong!

Awful mean spirited to post a crack/put-down referencing cancer...directed at a guy who lost his wife to cancer.

Just sayin'
People are generally mean these days I don't get it...as far as people waiting 17 years for their report, patience man, patience..:)

Just sayin'
I agree. It was entirely accidental. I was trying to emphasize that he isn't some legendary hero, just a man.
I did go back and edit the sentence.
I have no personal experience with the man so I'd have no cause to be so vindictive. I do apologize for any hurt feelings that I may have caused.

June 1977 Parris Island. MOS 2828/2811/2800. HQ Co 4th Marines, 3rd MARDIV, 2nd MAW, MWCS 28, Cherry Point. Semper Fi. I own 3 of your little white books. Welcome to FABO.
Where do you get the little white books?

The pop up on ebay from time to time.

The 68-71 ones go for a pretty good amount.

Welcome. I've talked to you several times at shows over the years and have pretty much wore out your little white books.
Sorry about your wife and thank you for your military service.

You can't get them anymore... One parent complained that children shouldn't read them and they were banned....
I’m not talking about your little white books that you sold to children out of your van that says “FREE CANDY” on the side.
:lol:

I met Galen at Moparfest where he had a booth late 90’s early 2000’s. He was very cordial and was very concerned about a small slant 6 error I pointed out in his white book.

I met Galen again at the Barret Jackson Scottsdale Auction in 2008. Despite being pulled in all directions by the high roller E-body crowd he took the time to talk to me for a little while and commented on how many Canadians he had met at the auction.

Just my personal experience…

I’m not talking about your little white books that you sold to children out of your van that says “FREE CANDY” on the side.
:lol:

Hey, I traded my ice cream truck for that....

candy.jpg

I wrote to Mr. Govier back in 1993 and he sent me a letter and I purchased his white book at that time and still have it! In 1993 he had written that my Duster was one of the last produced in 1971 but it was premature to say it was THE last one made for the year. I am curious if that still stands and I have to assume perhaps it was the last V24 car made.

-
Back