Hello from SW WI, my name is Galen Govier and I just signed up to this site.

-
200w.gif

Welcome to the site Galen , From the oldest city in Canada, St Johns.

BTW, thank you for your service..

I didn't expect this to be such a brown nosing thread. You guys realize that he can't walk on water, right?
Yeah, the OP made a career documenting rare cars but it isn't as if he did it for free. He was paid for his work, as he should be. Nobody should have to work for free. He wrote and sold those "White Books" which are still a great asset to the hobby. Yes, he has earned some respect.
He did develop a reputation for ruffling some feathers too. I've read comments about L O N G delays for his service even after taking deposits.
There have been several people say that he has been seen at car shows opening hoods of cars (without permission) to look at fender tags. It has also been said that he has moved items from dashboards to see VIN tags, opened doors to see VIN tags....
I appreciate the work that he has done but touching a man's car without permission can get you an *** kicking.

1 laugh 5.gif

Last edited:
I didn't expect this to be such a brown nosing thread. You guys realize that he didn't cure cancer, right?
Yeah, the OP made a career documenting rare cars but it isn't as if he did it for free. He was paid for his work, as he should be. Nobody should have to work for free. He wrote and sold those "White Books" which are still a great asset to the hobby. Yes, he has earned some respect.
He did develop a reputation for ruffling some feathers too. I've read comments about L O N G delays for his service even after taking deposits.
There have been several people say that he has been seen at car shows opening hoods of cars (without permission) to look at fender tags. It has also been said that he has moved items from dashboards to see VIN tags, opened doors to see VIN tags....
I appreciate the work that he has done but touching a man's car without permission can get you an *** kicking.

View attachment 1716141045
Or he could be a great asset to our forum and people could respect him for what he has done for the Mopar hobby.

Well, if all of the rumors are lies, I'd be the first to apologize and play nice. It is not my habit to lie or to burn someone at the stake if they are without fault. That isn't right. I am aware of the asset that he has been to the hobby so I think it would be a great thing to have him here.
If the rumors are true and the OP were to make amends, it would go a long way toward credibility.

Yeah, the OP made a career documenting rare cars but it isn't as if he did it for free. He was paid for his work, as he should be.

stiffed a bunch of people too.. he isn't the type needed here in my opinion..

yup, have heard that from many different people over the years.. pure entitlement.

Well I welcome G here anytime, don't know him personally but I don't know a bunch of people here personally.
Enjoy this great site and the good people here, a bunch of knowledgeable folks thats for sure Galen, jump on in and enjoy.
Oops, welcome from Northeast Arkansas on a hill and in the sticks where I belong sir :thumbsup:

Awesome! I had your little white book when I built my Duster 360 many years ago, was super helpful to have with me at swap meets or before buying something on evil bay!

Welcome, Galen.
I've been doing this long and serious enough, to know what an asset you've been to the hobby. You've busted *** to make all the internet and cable heroes look as smart as they do.

Wow, it's been a while since I have been a regular on here. Those are some pretty sporty comments, kind of reminded me why I stopped participating in LS1GTO. Not that I am Mr. Rogers but I try not to post something that I wouldn't say to someone in person. Peace.

So you know Jeff Bobst, Mike Gansen and the Late Neil Wedeking. RIP I bought Mike's Swinger. I was the Mac Tool dealer in that area for 3 decades. I know those guys well. Sorry about your wife. Yes, Cancer sucks!
I've dealt with Jeff Bobst in the past. Good guy.

I have owned quite a few A-Bodies over the years;
1969 Dart Swinger (Not a 340),
1967 Barracuda Notchback,
1968 Barracuda Fastback,
1971 Valiant Signet and a
1970 Gold Duster.
Welcome

My thoughts are that we collectively should give everyone who joins the same chance we were given. I'm not defending anything that happened in the past because all I've heard it what has been tossed around here. We MAY NOT know the whole story from the past, there are two sides to every story. As far as I'm concerned, it's history and he may indeed be an asset to the best Mopar forum in the world. Lighten up folks, enjoy what we have and see how it plays out. Just my .02.

-
Back