Hello from SW WI, my name is Galen Govier and I just signed up to this site.

-
Welcome to FABO Galen. You might vaguely remember my story..... I will never forget the excitement of casually reading the MCG magazine one morning and seeing my 'search story' mentioned in your column..... the 1970 Plymouth GTX 440 FC7 car in New Zealand .... June 2002 issue..

View attachment 1716188748

:thumbsup:

Stick around.....I think I might have a hit on a vehicle that will interest you someday very soon. :)
You see... I do have a lot of stuff, it just takes time. Glad to have helped.
Galen

Welcome Galen!
I was wondering what you know of the Newark Deleware plant documentation. One of my cars was built there. I purchased your 1962 to 1965 Production Option Code Book years ago. It's a very helpful aid. As you know, for these years fender tag codes were not standardized and varied by manufacturing plant. I found it interesting that your books do not list codes for the Newark plant for these years. I also had the person from Chrysler Historical tell me they had no information for the Newark plant for 64 but when I asked why she said she did not know. Just curious if you (or anyone else) knows why this may be.

I wasn't kissing ***.
I have no dog in any infighting on this thread.
I just wanted some info.
I've asked this question a lot of places and never gotten any answer.
Do you know?
The man published the book and must have tried to get info on the Newark plant. I just though he might have some info to share.

Credit card # and a phone # and he might call you back.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong and respond in this thread and give you the answers you desire, like any other true FABO member would!

Credit card # and a phone # and he might call you back.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong and respond in this thread and give you the answers you desire, like any other true FABO member would!
To all those that seem to we SO willing to adore the man, I would LOVE to see how they feel if THEY find themselves on the receiving end.
There are several stories of slow service, dead ends, his arrogance at car shows as mentioned before, etc.
Outside of that, he seems to have been a vital asset to the collector car segment of the hobby.
If the bad actions or events were to happen to YOU, would you still respond in threads like this one and be just as polite?
I do understand that no matter what, every person or business that deals with the public will have some unhappy customers at some point. There are few exceptions where a business has nothing but glowing reviews....Dr Diff is one that seems to be universally respected.
When the public complaints start to roll in and many tell a similar story, you start to see a pattern of behavior.
The fact that he has failed repeatedly to respond to any criticism does not help him at all.
Ignore them and they will go away might work for Politicians with a really stupid voter base but consumers can have L-O-N-G memories.

To all those that seem to we SO willing to adore the man, I would LOVE to see how they feel if THEY find themselves on the receiving end.
There are several stories of slow service, dead ends, his arrogance at car shows as mentioned before, etc.
Outside of that, he seems to have been a vital asset to the collector car segment of the hobby.
If the bad actions or events were to happen to YOU, would you still respond in threads like this one and be just as polite?
I do understand that no matter what, every person or business that deals with the public will have some unhappy customers at some point. There are few exceptions where a business has nothing but glowing reviews....Dr Diff is one that seems to be universally respected.
When the public complaints start to roll in and many tell a similar story, you start to see a pattern of behavior.
The fact that he has failed repeatedly to respond to any criticism does not help him at all.
Ignore them and they will go away might work for Politicians with a really stupid voter base but consumers can have L-O-N-G memories.
Several stories out of how many thousands, may be tens of thousands of successes? How many thousands of members here? How many were screwed by the man. He has forgotten more about these cars than both of us will ever know. You're out of line Greg. Especially when you bring politics into the conversation. You're off this thread.

Great point. I'd think any business owner would want to respond to criticisms from unsatisfied customers with - at the very least - some BS excuse to try to clear their name. The radio silence seems a bit odd.

Galen if this is really you...you have a lot of nerve to come on here and other places after the trail of crap you have left behind. A public flogging is what you deserve, nothing less.

From some one you used to know

I believe everyone deserves a chance, may be the members here need to just sit back and see what GG has to say. I DO NOT have a dog in this race, the only way I know of him is through the white books he published. These were a great help to me and MANY others. If you want nothing to do with GG, put him on your ignore list and get on with your lives.

I believe everyone deserves a chance, may be the members here need to just sit back and see what GG has to say. I DO NOT have a dog in this race, the only way I know of him is through the white books he published. These were a great help to me and MANY others. If you want nothing to do with GG, put him on your ignore list and get on with your lives.
I have to agree, but if this his Galen, I have not seen any comments from him. I agree his white books were a tremendous help back in the day for me too but I never needed his services as I could verify what cars I found that had "pedigrees".

I do recall back in the day there was a time there seemed to be a lot of unhappy people with Galen, but that is none of my business. I try to never judge anyone unless I have walked in their shoes..... quite a ways!

-
Back