Hello from SW WI, my name is Galen Govier and I just signed up to this site.

-
Hey, I traded my ice cream truck for that....

View attachment 1716185158
This one?
:lol:

IMG_6716.jpeg

If I met the guy and he was cool, I’d have no problem with him.
Maybe the stories of the long delays in completing work was related to his staff?
I’d you have a service that gets so busy that you need outside help, you’re only as good as your team.

Last edited:
If I met he guy and he was cool, I’d have no problem with him.
Maybe the stories of the long delays in completing work was related to his staff?
I’d you have a service that gets so busy that you need outside help, you’re only as good as your team.
Sent him everything needed to do my Bee and Bird 19.5 years ago. He actually did the Bee breakdown in fair detail and mailed it out.. but never did the Bird leaving me thinking it was a clone / stolen / who the f knows? Trying to get any answers I was then asked for my credit card by Diane before she'd do anything or put God on the phone. Guess all Galen did was add my 1.5 build sheets of information to his data base... as the 500th Superbird built! He was just dipping his toe in the water here to see what would happen...

I remember stories about the guy not decoding cars in a timely fashion (though I never asked for any from him) but he's never been anything but cool with me, the times I've met him at various shows and even though I have never had a vehicle worth caring about vin codes or fender tag codes, he's answered plenty of curious questions about the subject when I've asked, usually about "that car across the aisle" from where his booth happened to be at that show...
The people who have posted the panel van with " free candy" and the images those create in my mind (usually generate "bad news stories" on the evening news) don't even really relate to the sort of thing this guy has been accused of in his vin tag decoding business.

Welcome Galen. Did you ever live in Iowa?
Toolmanmike,
I lived in SW WI all my life other than I was serving in the Marines from 1977-1980. I returned home, settled down, got married, had children, then my wife passed in 2007. Married a woman from Rochester, MN in 2012 so I moved away to MN. Divorced in 2017, left MN on March 13, 2022 just as Covid hit. Yes, moved to Iowa. Quad cities area where my son and family lives. Then I remarried in 2023 and moved to NE IA not too far from SW WI where I grew up.
I still have an office in Prairie du Chien, WI and one employee.
Am still decoding fender tags & broadcast sheets as well as REGISTRIES for any and all Mopars. I am still "Visually Inspecting" Mopars, but not so much anymore, not like 1990-2007.
I find myself doing consulting with enthusiasts and collectors buying or just bought a Mopar and have questions.
Look what I just came across. I put it on Craigslist/Dubuque, IA.
Respectfully,
Galen

20240106_134402[2].jpg

Toolmanmike,
I lived in SW WI all my life other than I was serving in the Marines from 1977-1980. I returned home, settled down, got married, had children, then my wife passed in 2007. Married a woman from Rochester, MN in 2012 so I moved away to MN. Divorced in 2017, left MN on March 13, 2022 just as Covid hit. Yes, moved to Iowa. Quad cities area where my son and family lives. Then I remarried in 2023 and moved to NE IA not too far from SW WI where I grew up.
Am still decoding fender tags & broadcast sheets as well as REGISTRIES for any and all Mopars. I am still "Visually Inspecting" Mopars, but not so much anymore, not like 1990-2007.
I find myself doing consulting with enthusiasts and collectors buying or just bought a Mopar and have questions.
Respectfully,
Galen

View attachment 1716188739
I bought Mike Gansen's 70 Swinger a few years ago.

Toolmanmike,
Respectfully,
Galen

Welcome to FABO Galen. You might vaguely remember my story..... I will never forget the excitement of casually reading the MCG magazine one morning and seeing my 'search story' mentioned in your column..... the 1970 Plymouth GTX 440 FC7 car in New Zealand .... June 2002 issue..

1704581363017.jpeg

:thumbsup:

Stick around.....I think I might have a hit on a vehicle that will interest you someday very soon. :)

Welcome Galen, what's the card? Looks like something Ma Mopar would mail you after a new purchase? Pretty cool, 1st for me.
Toolmanmike,
Respectfully,
Galen

Welcome aboard Galen.
On my first trip across the USA in 1996 I bought an Old Car Trader magazine and started searching for a muscle car. I was only just out of college and had no money really. I kept seeing your name in the adverts for the better cars, didn't really know what it meant, but it must have meant something for people to advertise it.
Good luck with everything, like any business there are always bad reviews, and when you're very busy with work, family illness etc things can get missed or lost.
I'd like to think there are thousands of "good service" stories to counter the bad ones that have been posted here.

..and still continues to ignore those that requested break downs some 20 years later.

How'd that $25 grand request for a Daytona Broadcast sheet, held in trust, work out for you Galen? That's right, Bob found another one under the back set and said F you...

Did that really happen?
If so, that just isn't right no matter how you look at it.

How'd that $25 grand request for a Daytona Broadcast sheet, held in trust, work out for you Galen? That's right, Bob found another one under the back set and said F you...

What happened?

What happened?
Just guessing but from what I read of how Daytonas were built, they pulled the seats from the cars and set them as side in a pile. Some cars got finished as Daytonas and they just grabbed seats that matched the build code, nobody looked nor cared about build sheets. Years later, restorers started noticing that few, if any, cars had their original build sheets with them.
GG must have had a build sheet for someone’s car and tried to squeeze all the money.
Just a guess.

I can tell you exactly which survivor car and who owned it, and who owns it now, but like I said I'll let the "guru" tell us his side of the story... on the broadcast sheet that he was asked to hold in trust for safe keeping.

Thanks Comrade. USMC Hollywood Marine January 1977 Platoon 1012. MOS 0341 > 1381. Got to see the world during Peacetime 3rd and 2nd Marine Division. I'd do it all over again!
Galen
Semper Fi Brother ! Hollywood Marine (Hardest because we had hills!) Nov '86 Plt. 3081, MOS 0351/8152 US Naval Magazine, Cubi Pt NAS RP. Back to the fleet to Weapons Co. 1/1 then 1/9 took me to SOCMEU 11, attached to B (Boats) Co. back to SE Asia where I drank a lot of beer. So, how many Formula 'S' in 65 with a Turbocharged EFI'd slant six? None! :)

-
Back