Hemidenny K member club?

-
did it look like this, denny?

so true> thats y i just go behind the counter and look it up my self... I always ask for blinker fluid and muffler bearings andthey proceed to ask me for what car? Then after all that they figure out your messing with them i ask for an exhaust manifold spreader> they really make that. Lol

did it look like this, denny?

that image is so true> thats y i just go behind the counter and look it up my self... I always ask for blinker fluid and muffler bearings andthey proceed to ask me for what car? Then after all that they figure out your messing with them i ask for an exhaust manifold spreader> they really make that. Lol

sorry if I missed anything...

my phone took a dump late Saturday and my laptops proceesor died on Sunday.

I found out that other person in my house is my wife.....I must have got married a while back!

sorry if I missed anything...

my phone took a dump late Saturday and my laptops proceesor died on Sunday.

I found out that other person in my house is my wife.....I must have got married a while back!

Did you get anymore seat time this afternoon?

Yea...the Barracuda is wicked FAST.

Weather permitting, I am gonna go for a run this morning and see if I can get the flat spots off the tires. The car is a little ....swooshy, but running slicks in 35 degree weather @22 lbs around 65-70 mph on a country road could make it handle like it is not on rails.

Right on Cocoa Beach (behind Ron Jons Surf Shop) is where we (John,
Denny & Weeb) watched the last nightime launch of the Space Shuttle.

Pretty awesome at night!

I just got my new HDK so "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez". I will say this to anyone waiting to join the club, If you do not order the K-member powder coated, make sure you have a plan for what you are going to do. I had every intention of having mine powder coated but got so caught up in the excitement of actually ordering it I forgot to add that option :eek:ops:. I had two of my friends waiting to help me pull the engine and install the HDK. Now I am left with either painting it myself ( media blast, prime, epoxy and topcoat) or having it powder coated so this will most likely end up adding a couple of weeks that I could have saved and all in all I will most likely spend at least what it would have cost to have ordered it that way. In any case I couldn't be happier with my purchase. :blob:

Bobby

I painted mine myself and installed. I chipped it in a few spots during install. I am now pulling it back out and sending it off to be powder coated.

I just got my new HDK so "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez". I will say this to anyone waiting to join the club, If you do not order the K-member powder coated, make sure you have a plan for what you are going to do. I had every intention of having mine powder coated but got so caught up in the excitement of actually ordering it I forgot to add that option :eek:ops:. I had two of my friends waiting to help me pull the engine and install the HDK. Now I am left with either painting it myself ( media blast, prime, epoxy and topcoat) or having it powder coated so this will most likely end up adding a couple of weeks that I could have saved and all in all I will most likely spend at least what it would have cost to have ordered it that way. In any case I couldn't be happier with my purchase. :blob:

Bobby

I've been hooked on John Deere Blitz Black with hardener for some time and that's what I painted mu HDK with - IMO looks good - easy to clean and touch up if needed and best of all CHEAP

Those waiting for HDK's for pre-67 A-bodies should be glad to hear that I spent
the afternoon helping Denny cut up a '66 Barracuda for a mock-up (thanks to
member Jeff for the body).

This fixture is now being sandblasted and painted so it can be mounted on a tubular
frame that will allow for precise fitment of the new piece which should be developed
in short order.

Maybe Denny will chime in if he hasn't yet died of tetnus.

I want to join.. I got my K last year, its just been sitting in the box while I collect parts. I am building a 70 Gen3 Hemi Duster. I finally have enough parts to put my rolling chassis together and plan on doing that in the next month. The k looked better than I expected and the welds are super sexy..

I want to join.. I got my K last year...........the k looked better than I expected and the welds are super sexy.

You've got your HDK, You're in Steve! We'd all love to see some pictures of your project soon.

Oh....and you have to ride the sacred goat. Sexy talk about the welds is fine but be careful when talking about the goat.

I've been in for a few months......I'm liking it a lot.Denny has been great to deal with and accommodated my needs (non stock frames)with no hesitation,thanks

Attachments

• 20140511_161259.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 442
there seems to be a lot of tilt nose "haters"so I've been reluctant to share. Before I get bashed for cutting up a v8/ stick car.....I purchased it as a rot free ex 70's ISCA "show" car.It was disassembled with the aftermarket front rails (no supports at all) already installed. It was in bad shape and had what was left of the previously installed metal tilt nose welded and smoothed in.the original builder removed the wiper assy and heater,smoothed the firewall to the lower fenders and put a hood latch dead center inside the dash.after replacing the firewall and upper cowl I still had to commit to the nose as stock panels would no longer fit.I added the nose bars since the only thing holding the rails in was the floorpan.The seventies were not good times for 60's cars.....

Attachments

• 20140511_160439.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 427
  • 20140511_160504.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 417
  • 20140511_160550.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 418
  • 20140511_161224.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 428
Looks nice!! Your car, your dime, your time. The one constant is your. If someone don't like it, oh well. It's yours...... They don't have to work on it, and dey ain't paying for it. Be nice to see more pics of whats going on though. But, after all I said about it being yours........please keep it all mopar! LOL.

First one (early K) will be in the next batch....

Been MIA this week....wife on vacation this week...what a ball buster

weed and mulch
replace outside over 20 plants that didn't make it thru winter
pick out 7 replacement trees
intall kitchen backsplash
and top it off Friday with a 6 am to 11pm road trip to Huntington,WV and back to visit/ shop / site see.....
today ...grout backsplash

Man, I love my wife....can't wait till monday

(still managed to ship out three K's....thanks guys)

-
Back