House Hunting!

-
Before you sign the paper on any house make sure to visit the area at night and on the weekends to see what kind of neighbors you will have. sometimes that is the deal breaker.

But a huge garage is always a plus.

Before you sign the paper on any house make sure to visit the area at night and on the weekends to see what kind of neighbors you will have. sometimes that is the deal breaker.

But a huge garage is always a plus.

This place is just a few (4) miles west of where I live and i know the 'hood well. It's a good and relatively quiet neighborhood and the neighbors mostly have RV's, 4wheelers, snowmobiles and real hotrods. The houses are pretty far apart, but that's a good idea for tomorrow night. I'm afraid I'll be the demise of the hood, lol.

Looks like a nice place to call home Joe and the price seems fair for what it is.Good luck and let us know how you make out with taking ownership.

Looks like a nice place to call home Joe and the price seems fair for what it is.Good luck and let us know how you make out with taking ownership.

Thanks Pettybluedart. I think I can pull it off IF they take my offer and I make some serious sacrifices.... Like a very good friend mentioned to me just tonight.... "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". I'll be poor as poop for 3 months, but after that, I'll be paying less than my rent for my present place. :D

Well, put a bid in last night. I should hear back by 9pm today and their broker called my agent last night while we were working up the bid, so I know they're motivated to sell..... Man, I want this land/house/garage soooo bad.

The Lowe's by my house is going out of business and everything is 50% or more off. Knowing that no matter where I end up getting a home, I'll need to build workbenches and and do electrical, I picked up 16 heavy duty 20 amp outlets for about a buck a piece and a gallon of marine spar for 15 bucks... :) I would have grabbed some 12 awg romex but it was all gone.

Memeike like!!:glasses7: I see a Motorcycle parking garage on the right side and plenty of room inside and outside of the shop :blob: Good luck on this brother :cheers::coffee2::eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion:

Thanks Mike, it's just about perfect for the dogs and I, and there's room in the house for a kid if I ever get married. ;)

Well, put a bid in last night. I should hear back by 9pm today and their broker called my agent last night while we were working up the bid, so I know they're motivated to sell..... Man, I want this land/house/garage soooo bad.

The Lowe's by my house is going out of business and everything is 50% or more off. Knowing that no matter where I end up getting a home, I'll need to build workbenches and and do electrical, I picked up 16 heavy duty 20 amp outlets for about a buck a piece and a gallon of marine spar for 15 bucks... :) I would have grabbed some 12 awg romex but it was all gone.

I wish you great success. There is nothing like being able to have your own place instead of a bunch of rent receipts.

Ohhh.. this is gonna be a loooong day my friend. Good luck. Nothing like walking the perimiter of "your" land to make you feel at peace with the world!

Grant

House hunting?

Is it bow or gun season?

Sounds kinda easy, houses can't move...

I wish you great success. There is nothing like being able to have your own place instead of a bunch of rent receipts.

How true that is. I could have bought two houses for what I've paid in rent over the last 28 years.

Ohhh.. this is gonna be a loooong day my friend. Good luck. Nothing like walking the perimiter of "your" land to make you feel at peace with the world!

Grant

Ah yes, the perimeter walk. Dogs and I are going to love that.

House hunting?

Is it bow or gun season?

Sounds kinda easy, houses can't move...

A house is about the only thing I could hit with a bow. :mrgreen:

One forum you ought to check out................

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/

The Garage Gallery forum is so neat.

Thanks Dave! That's a great place to garner some ideas.

EDIT: Just heard from my broker......

The owner wants to sleep on it and give an answer tomorrow...... AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!! :banghead:

Well, at least she didn't give me a flat out "NO". I'll be saying my prayers tonight for sure. :prayer:

Well I hope she wakes up tomorrow and don't sleep good and blames it on the house :protest:
Her words = I need to get out of this place!!! where is that pone # so I can get the ball rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee2:
Prayers for you when Treva and I eat tonight :colors: I am hungry :D

Wow Joe,

You have been busy!!!! I will put you in my prayers for this deal to go thru for you!!!!

Where was the house with the 8 car garage?? If you need help moving let me know!

Kim

Hey Kim, good to hear from you!

The one with the 8 car was in Ft. Lupton but the garage needed work. I could fit 10 a-bodies in this other one and still have room to walk around... Hopefully I'll hear something today. My bid was very reasonable. She needs to take it. :)

I was hearing on the news that some people believe that the universe is more open to requests on 11/11/11, maybe it will work in my favor.

Time to walk the dogs!

Edit: A big thanks to all veterans today! Without you guys, I couldn't have the American dream.

Just found out that the house is plumbed with polybutylene and that's why the the last few sales have failed. The seller's realtor says that it's only the interior that's plumbed in this manner, but we are going to check outside at the city water meter tonight/this weekend. Supposedly, they are not having any issues at this time.

For those that don't know, polybutylene has a tendency to break down from the chlorine in the city water supply. This house is only a single story so I could replace all this from the crawlspace with PEX over a few weekends. There's always a fly in the soup, lol.

They're going to give us a few days to do our own inspection and then give us an answer. More waiting......

My fingers, toes, eyes and everything else are crampin' up from keeping 'em crossed! Tell him to hurry up with that positive decision already. They know they're going to say 'yes' so get to it!

Yeah sounds like you going to get a yes plus they are going have to pay you for the plumbing (deduct it out of the price). More of "a deal" you make of the plumbing the more money you will get. lol Its true.

My fingers, toes, eyes and everything else are crampin' up from keeping 'em crossed! Tell him to hurry up with that positive decision already. They know they're going to say 'yes' so get to it!

Damn straight! I'm ready to get down to brass tacks here...

Yeah sounds like you going to get a yes plus they are going have to pay you for the plumbing (deduct it out of the price). More of "a deal" you make of the plumbing the more money you will get. lol Its true.

They had one deal fall through for 220K because of the plumbing 4 years back, they took it off the market for a while then put it up for 195K... That deal fell through because of the PB plumbing. Now she's down to 180K and I offered quite a bit less than that. :mrgreen: Plumbing really isn't that hard as long as the fixtures are less than 30 years old and this house was built in '99.

I figure I could do one bathroom one weekend, another the next, then the kitchen, and set it up for a sprinkler system while I was at it (I had planned on setting up a sprinkler system anyway...). I 'aint skeered off yet...

As long as this place isn't built on an old indian burial ground or over some sinkhole with a collapsing foundation, I'm ready to roll on this house. Now, if the yard service line (connection to city water) turns out to be PB, they will have to pay.. I've dug a fair amount of ditches in my life and it sucks.

hey, how about this one?

View attachment resizeBarn.jpg

well who cares about the house but it is a 3 bedroom 2 bath single story ranch on one acre

barn is 40X48X14 with 10X35 covered front porch

hope to find someone looking for a small ranch with BIG building

I've been told I built too nice a barn for the house

OH, it is located in Mooresville, Indiana if anyone is interested

hey, how about this one?

View attachment 275890

well who cares about the house but it is a 3 bedroom 2 bath single story ranch on one acre

barn is 40X48X14 with 10X35 covered front porch

hope to find someone looking for a small ranch with BIG building

I've been told I built too nice a barn for the house

OH, it is located in Mooresville, Indiana if anyone is interested

Beautiful place and I wish you luck in your sale. Too nice a barn for the house? Hogwash! That's exactly the kind of place I'm looking for but it's a little far from work. ;)

Edit: Nice lawn too!

Thinking of you this morning

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 141
-
Back