How Fast is Your Internet Connection?

-
I didn't even realize internet speed had gotten to that level. I guess that's what happens when you live in the woods.

I use a Cisco cable router that functions only as a bridge and built my own router/firewall based on a Linux core. I suppose you can say I cheated, lol.

That's the way to go even though most games aren't really built to take advantage of four simultaneous threads yet. Fast dual channel memory like 1366 or better is the way to go and lots of it, 4 gigs minimum.

My score was actually from my laptop running a wireless connection to my network. I guess you could say I'm "sandbagging" as I could jump to my desktop or server and pull a much better score, lol. :-D
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind.

19.72 M/bs

2.90 M/bs 150miles

Ping 41

not to bad, I live 10 miles out of town, 150 miles to Atlanta where test was out of

I didn't even realize internet speed had gotten to that level. I guess that's what happens when you live in the woods.

Cable is amazing in regards to it's data capacity.

download 0.54
upload 0.35
ping 50

Sorry brother, you deserve better than that.

19.72 M/bs

2.90 M/bs 150miles

Ping 41

not to bad, I live 10 miles out of town, 150 miles to Atlanta where test was out of

Not bad at all considering the distance.

NEW RECORD! Read it and weep! I now have a demo only Rocket Car. :-D Am I cheating because I was a IT systems engineer?

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 31 20.24.jpg

This is my laptop with Linkskys router.

I think someone stole the red lines of my Hot Wheels car.

This is on the direct wired computer.

This is HORRIBLE!! Hell they stole the whole car.

This is my laptop with Linkskys router.

I think someone stole the red lines of my Hot Wheels car.

This is on the direct wired computer.

This is HORRIBLE!! Hell they stole the whole car.

What the heck? Can you find a closer server on the map?

What the heck? Can you find a closer server on the map?

No. Bixby is the only one in Oklahoma.
I tried it all over the country and still about the same results. This one is 2500 miles away.

The further away my Ping is the only thing that changes.

No wonder everyone gets those good deals on FABO before I can get to them.

Download: 2.24

Upload: 1.47

Ping: 104

Mine is extremely slow, however I bet mine cost more than yours. $214 USD a month at the location I'm currently deployed to. It goes down constantly; in fact it went down in just the short time I was typing this and I only logged on 5 minutes ago. I know, isn't that crazy, but what are you going to do?

27 ping

In the race!

You win ramcharger!......my clutch is slipping

Are you sure it's not the tires? (see 'Vette thread), lol. Just kidding Tony!

Download: 2.24

Upload: 1.47

Ping: 104

Mine is extremely slow, however I bet mine cost more than yours. $214 USD a month at the location I'm currently deployed to. It goes down constantly; in fact it went down in just the short time I was typing this and I only logged on 5 minutes ago. I know, isn't that crazy, but what are you going to do?

Like I said to cudafla, you guys deserve better for crying out loud!!! You certainly win on the bucks race. 8)

Tried again by clicking on rochester and it was slightly better... but why did the ping skyrocket?

OK, you're out of the scooter class and into the single cylinder 2 stroke under 100cc motorcycle class....:toothy10:

WAIT!!!

How about the 4 cyl mopar class... I must be racing my carbed rampage :toothy10:

We are all thankful that you can even be here and we wish you a safe New Year and know that we have your back my friend. We will all be here when you get back.

Right now concentrate on saving you and your buddy's butt. 8)

According to the site this is a little bit better than average. I don`t game or do anything that would require crazy fast speeds so for the money this suits me just fine...... 19.75 down/4.39 up, ping 26 at 150 miles.

-
Back