Idle drop by 500 rpm?

-
I tune mine in gear using wheel chokes if no one is around to help.
only went through the shop wall once. lol joking

I forget, have you ever posted cylinder pressure numbers from a compression test? That might help us zero in on the initial timing better.

Yeah, it's pig rich on the idle circuit.
Ok, I figured, as a Carpenter, not a Professional Auto Tech, that if I cracked the secondaries, it would need more fuel....so would that cause the stalling when put in gear? I followed Y'all's instructions to the T, Brother.. only until I screwed with things after the fact, things got stupid

So u still haven’t closed up the secondaries yet? This is why these threads are so long is because the poster doesn’t listen. I can understand not listening when someone is speaking to u, but when it’s in black and white it just flabbergasts me. It’s like how many times do they have to be told to do something b 4 they do it. It must be like 10 or 20 times b4 it finally sinks in. Kim

Ok, I figured, as a Carpenter, not a Professional Auto Tech, that if I cracked the secondaries, it would need more fuel....so would that cause the stalling when put in gear? I followed Y'all's instructions to the T, Brother.. only until I screwed with things after the fact, things got stupid
Cracking the secondaries should have leaned it out a little. That was the whole point. unfortunately, I'm not local, or we'd have it figured out already. Internet diagnostics sucks at best.

So u still haven’t closed up the secondaries yet? This is why these threads are so long is because the poster doesn’t listen. I can understand not listening when someone is speaking to u, but when it’s in black and white it just flabbergasts me. It’s like how many times do they have to be told to do something b 4 they do it. It must be like 10 or 20 times b4 it finally sinks in. Kim
Hey Brother Kim, I haven't had a chance to do that yet because I was trying to finish up an exterior paint job out here it's kind of in the 90s but I'm on my way home now and while Im Waiting on dinner, I have no issues working on a Mopar! I usually Do Not work on Memorial Day..is it Rememberance Day for Y'all? I'm part Canadian... but never lived up there so I'm not sure

So I'm back at the house now I'm going to put the mix screws where they were before I messed with them, After it Ran and Idled in gear Great yesterday. If that don't work I'll rip the carburetor off and close the secondary throttle blades a little bit. Any tips or anything would be highly appreciated I'm getting on it right now. And I Thank Everyone of Y'all for taking the time to Help the Mopar Cause!

So I'm back at the house now I'm going to put the mix screws where they were before I messed with them, After it Ran and Idled in gear Great yesterday. If that don't work I'll rip the carburetor off and close the secondary throttle blades a little bit. Any tips or anything would be highly appreciated I'm getting on it right now. And I Thank Everyone of Y'all for taking the time to Help the Mopar Cause!
Do you have a vacuum gauge? Forgive me if I've asked and you answered. My memory is short.

Do you have a vacuum gauge? Forgive me if I've asked and you answered. My memory is short.
Yessir. At the low front ( manifold vacuum) she's pulling 12. Just took that reading... turn the screws into 1.5 fired it up,n little bastard spit at me... I got the carb loosened up now I want to lift it up and I guess close the 2nd throttle blades unless you have something else in mind...

Yessir. At the low front ( manifold vacuum) she's pulling 12
Then use the vacuum gauge and adjust the air screws to achieve the highest vacuum reading idling in gear at about 750-800 RPM.

I would close off the secondaries first, all these other cats are pitchin a damned fit about it.
Thanks Brother Rob, I just Caint wrap my head around the fact that, after Y'alls instructions, even Cold, she Idled At 650, then 450 in Gear.... I brought everything back to baseline after the stalling in gear issue. Now, it's A Monsoon out there...

Situation Report: about 6 hg, at 850, in R, placed in P, around 2000....
Aight. Just for kicks, let's try something. With it idling in park, first idle it down to about 850 in park. Now with the vacuum gauge hooked up, advance the timing while watching the vacuum gauge. Do this with the distributor vacuum hose disconnected from the distributor and plugged. Pull in timing until the vacuum gauge stops rising, then back the timing off to the vacuum gauge's highest reading. Finally, idle it back down to about 850 in park and then see what it does in gear.

Yessir Rob, Thanks Man! It's a Thunderstormn' so bad here, the Frogs are Hollerin! At least the one on the porch i can hear.....if it slacks up, I'll go back out. Slamming down some dinner right now..Much Appreciate Ya Brother! How is Tarius' 350 movin'?

Yessir Rob, Thanks Man! It's a Thunderstormn' so bad here, the Frogs are Hollerin! At least the one on the porch i can hear.....if it slacks up, I'll go back out. Slamming down some dinner right now..Much Appreciate Ya Brother! How is Tarius' 350 movin'?
Takin the heads to the sheen shop tomorrow. The bent valves wallowed out those three guides. It should run again next week I imagine.

Wow! So the crappiest chain was letting em walk for a minute?
I guess when it bent the valves the camshaft kept turning for a few seconds and that's what wallowed out those three guides. He's dang lucky it didn't drop a valve. All the other guides are good.

-
Back