Is this engine recoverable?

-
I have good junk for this one! 452's Ported, an ol TM 7...

20220307_160353.jpg

20220325_192312.jpg

20220326_171701.jpg

Had the intake and heads on a 413 we shoved in a Dart. Tied the frame. Car was a basket, kinda. We felt no pain cutting for inner fender headers. Was not my car, but I built it.

And why bother, when tor a little more, you coulda had a V8
That's more to bore n hone and more for heads and rod resizing. Added 2 more of everything AND now you need a transmission for a v8...sooner or later a rear end.. definitely better brakes if not disc., exh, ignition, mounts.etc
Kiss method. If it was somewhat appeasing to him as it is 'aside from the fouling ' a rebuilt 225 =compression, more air flow through non sunk valves etc.. it'll feel like twice the motor he has now.

Yep! And it idled with a miss and no oil just fine until I decided to shut it off.
I windowed a 351C, same deal: a big bang, threw it in neutral and wrestled it to the curb. had to shut it down. Rod hanging out the side of the block.

@Ironracer F'n A, I saved everything and bought another short block for $100 at a wrecking yard. I had it back on the road in 48 hours. It was my ride to school and I wasn't busting the Huffy out one more time than necessary.

@Ironracer F'n A, I saved everything and bought another short block for $100 at a wrecking yard. I had it back on the road in 48 hours. It was my ride to school and I wasn't busting the Huffy out one more time than necessary.
Man, that's HARDCORE!!!!! And a Really Smart move!!! High School, College, Trade School? Really don't matter, I Rekon, that's Dedicated! And a 351 Cleveland, as I read in the MP book, is like the Only factory installed mill, that s ports out flowed a 426 Hemi. Man, you MUST Have been Loving it!

My buddy had the 4V heads on his 72 Mustang. Mine were only Aussie 2v's but still took the trash out with an Erson Hi-flow 2 cam, Offy 360 intake and headers in a light 57 Ford.

That's more to bore n hone and more for heads and rod resizing. Added 2 more of everything AND now you need a transmission for a v8...sooner or later a rear end.. definitely better brakes if not disc., exh, ignition, mounts.etc
Kiss method. If it was somewhat appeasing to him as it is 'aside from the fouling ' a rebuilt 225 =compression, more air flow through non sunk valves etc.. it'll feel like twice the motor he has now.
Yep. I thought about the V8 swap, but I'm still in high school and definitely don't have the time or money for all the necessary modifications.

Yep. I thought about the V8 swap, but I'm still in high school and definitely don't have the time or money for all the necessary modifications.
Well, you are off to a great start, in a good hobby, that WILL teach You alot of things.. and the Good People here are some of the Best to Have help Ya along the Way!

Yeah, it ain't like a Chevy going from a six to an eight.

Too bad you're not local. I probably have a short block good enough to leave as is and we could build a head. I have several.

Man I wish. Youtube can only teach me so much hahaha
Yeah you have to be careful there, too. Some of those guys don't know anything and then some show you wrong ways on purpose.

Yeah you have to be careful there, too. Some of those guys don't know anything and then some show you wrong ways on purpose.
Yeah it really boils down to finding a good Youtube video and referencing the shop manual along the way.

Man,, theres a alot of quitters on here with to much money, Pull it apart dingle hone it feel for indents and imperfections that can catch your finger nail. If they catch your nail bore it and smack.new pistons in the hole and run it. I built a 360 that was in my eyes no way.it was gonna work and 4 years later still gettin the dog beat out of her shes got blow by but.wow tbat engine gets beat
Nobody wants to work man, or clean anything...at first glance that looks like alot of work to your average Summit catalog buy it and bolt it on guy. Folks that don't know anything about engine work or machining wont touch it...:)

Not the end all/be all answer to everyone's engine question
Your right. Different strokes for different folks, but nothing is more satisfying to me than the dull thud a slant sux makes when I kick it off the back of my scrap trailer. I had a nice 225 out of my 67 barracuda. Nobody wanted it. Even for free. I removed the alternator, carb, distributor, and air cleaner, and scrapped it.

-
Back