Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Tip of the day !

B2C9AD5C-E468-4DEC-AA14-174F3EDABCB4.jpeg

Fred you missed the wind storm last night gusts were 70/80 km and rain wow but calm this morning and supposed to be sunny and 6 on the weekend
67* here today and was 70* yesterday.
Never seen it this warm in November.

Another gorgeous day. We got most of the summer stuff put away. I got my new phone today so loading all the info into the new phone from the old one.
I didn't have a clue how to do it so my neighbours daughter came over and did it for me.

You're a good son Fred. Would she ever move and live with you until her time? It would be a big job for you though. Does she have family near her there?
She wants to die at home so not much I can do but just visit when I can.

Last edited:
She wants to die at home so not much I can do but just visit when I can.
At least you got to visit her. With the virus you are conflicted whether you should go or stay away to protect them. But old people are fading away from loneliness and depression too.

At least you got to visit her. With the virus you are conflicted whether you should go or stay away to protect them. But old people are fading away from loneliness and depression too.

Very true, my mother is also 87, still very independent, and healthy. I'm somewhat reluctant lately to visit her because I don't want to risk exposing her to this damned virus. I interact with dozens of people daily, so far I'm fine, but I guess there is always a risk.

Yea I know it's hard staying away but sometimes moms need hugs and I sure gave my mom lots of hugs.
I'm afraid if I didn't she would have cried and been more depressed.

Very true, my mother is also 87, still very independent, and healthy. I'm somewhat reluctant lately to visit her because I don't want to risk exposing her to this damned virus. I interact with dozens of people daily, so far I'm fine, but I guess there is always a risk.
I see my mom once a year at the most and always on her birthday if I can.
I would hate to make her sick for sure.

My youngest son works at a nursing home in a small town that has the virus and exposed to it everyday I sure miss him but we stay away from each other for now.

I see my mom once a year at the most and always on her birthday if I can.
I would hate to make her sick for sure.

same here
all my fault of course, since im the one who moved out of their house, but ive been doing my due diligence to see them at least once a year (here in the US, or in the Netherlands, and once even in Chile, that was cool)

of course, we were 'posed to head out there this june, for my dads retirement party...but by then, they had closed the country down and its coming up to 2 years since ive seen my parents

flipside of the coin, my mother in law lives with us and i see here, well, lets just say it evens out
on top of that, shes got alzheimers which brings with it a whole nother set of challenges and annoyances

you dont want to know how often i have made my self a cup of coffee in the morning and set it down on the counter as i get the kids ready, only for her to come by, see the coffee, not remember she didnt make it, and take off with it

same here
all my fault of course, since im the one who moved out of their house, but ive been doing my due diligence to see them at least once a year (here in the US, or in the Netherlands, and once even in Chile, that was cool)

of course, we were 'posed to head out there this june, for my dads retirement party...but by then, they had closed the country down and its coming up to 2 years since ive seen my parents

flipside of the coin, my mother in law lives with us and i see here, well, lets just say it evens out
on top of that, shes got alzheimers which brings with it a whole nother set of challenges and annoyances

you dont want to know how often i have made my self a cup of coffee in the morning and set it down on the counter as i get the kids ready, only for her to come by, see the coffee, not remember she didnt make it, and take off with it
LOL I like your mother in law sounds like something I would do.

Well went out to the shop , changed the oil, put the winter tires on changed the plugs even washed the old girl now I’m bushed .....

-
Back