Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
My son lost his eye as a young kid and not long ago they were able to repair it. he can now see with it but the first month or so everything was upside down in that eye. I guess it takes a bit for the brain to compensate.

I I can relate Mark, I worked for an eye doc and had to wear a patch on my right eye for 7 days, then sergery on it, I could not tell how far the door knob was no less a pool ball, man that is tough Mark, I had a furnace blow up on me as I was changing a thermal coupleer, on a roof with no gas shut off on this old doc office and rust filled my eye.. I was 32 and never want to ever go threw that again .. I played APA for 7 years and loved it, meeting new friends and all, but it was costly , I quit and bought my wife a new car for the same cost for me to play a month :thumbsup:

So you got your vision in that eye again. That's great. I had a piece of plaque go up into my optic nerve and killed 75% of my vision. Luckily I still have great peripheral vision which helped driving a forklift but my centre vision is just grey. This happened on my 59th birthday. It was a gift I couldn't return. You were very lucky indeed. That's why I never bet money on games. It can really ruin your life and cause too many fights.
We just had a house blow up not far from here the other day. The idiots were making Cannibus oil from Marijuana and the house blew up with all 3 guys inside. How they survived is beyond me. We went by it yesterday and the one side of the house is gone completely. The other side has a real list to it so I think I can say it will be a tear down for sure. The young woman that lives upstairs had just left the house 10 minutes before all hell broke loose.

My son lost his eye as a young kid and not long ago they were able to repair it. he can now see with it but the first month or so everything was upside down in that eye. I guess it takes a bit for the brain to compensate.
Oh that is marvelous Fred. So happy he got his site back. The brain is a fantastic organ (if you will). Too bad some people don't use it more LOL

So you got your vision in that eye again. That's great. I had a piece of plaque go up into my optic nerve and killed 75% of my vision. Luckily I still have great peripheral vision which helped driving a forklift but my centre vision is just grey. This happened on my 59th birthday. It was a gift I couldn't return. You were very lucky indeed. That's why I never bet money on games. It can really ruin your life and cause too many fights.
We just had a house blow up not far from here the other day. The idiots were making Cannibus oil from Marijuana and the house blew up with all 3 guys inside. How they survived is beyond me. We went by it yesterday and the one side of the house is gone completely. The other side has a real list to it so I think I can say it will be a tear down for sure. The young woman that lives upstairs had just left the house 10 minutes before all hell broke loose.
Wow !! some people need supervision !! blew the back of the house away !! luck no one was killed for sure.. I had a stroke back in 2008 when by baby brother passed away, my left eye got a little blured but it has gotten better, I don't get down on my cue anymore, it turns double vision as I look down the cue, so I shoot looking down from top of the cue and glad I can enjoy it

Getting old sucks but the retire part is good.
Going to work to make some side money so I can paint my car, have a good one guys.

Getting old sucks but the retire part is good.
Going to work to make some side money so I can paint my car, have a good one guys.
Enjoy your day , same here, I am going to take some pictures of my 2 340 steal intake manifolds in hopes to sell them here , one is a 70 model , the other is a 73 model .

Wow !! some people need supervision !! blew the back of the house away !! luck no one was killed for sure.. I had a stroke back in 2008 when by baby brother passed away, my left eye got a little blured but it has gotten better, I don't get down on my cue anymore, it turns double vision as I look down the cue, so I shoot looking down from top of the cue and glad I can enjoy it
So sorry to hear about your brother Mike. A terrible thing to have to go through. Wonder if the stroke was caused by stress. Stress can do some really awful things to you. I get halfway down on my cue or as far as my shoulders will allow but I can still control the cue ball to run for my next shot. At my retirement party from work I took on all the guys there and beat everyone one of them. Even showed them some trick shots as well. I played most of the night and never cost me a dime. For some reason they won't play me anymore lol.

i went through that after my last detached retina. After being blind in that eye for a day I was glad for inverted sight. It corrected itself in a few weeks. It is VERY scary!

I've had cataract surgery in both eyes and anyone who has is more likely to get a detached retina. All fixable if treated in a timely manner.

I am glad to hear his vision has returned!

i went through that after my last detached retina. After being blind in that eye for a day I was glad for inverted sight. It corrected itself in a few weeks. It is VERY scary!

I've had cataract surgery in both eyes and anyone who has is more likely to get a detached retina. All fixable if treated in a timely manner.

I am glad to hear his vision has returned!
Because of me having the one eye they are concerned about cataract surgery but will look at it in two more years

Hi Mark, the actual cataract surgery is not bad at all. It certainly was different for me having another eye if something did go wrong obviously. I'm sorry to hear that has happened to you! What happened to cause you to lose sight in one eye?

I have been extremely fortunate to till have all my body parts. And most of them work for the most part still work! Orthopedic doctors have been well schooled rebuilding my body!

Sounds like you have a good attitude about things. This getting older thing is not for wimps, is it?

Hang in there big guy!

Hi Mark, the actual cataract surgery is not bad at all. It certainly was different for me having another eye if something did go wrong obviously. I'm sorry to hear that has happened to you! What happened to cause you to lose sight in one eye?

I have been extremely fortunate to till have all my body parts. And most of them work for the most part still work! Orthopedic doctors have been well schooled rebuilding my body!

Sounds like you have a good attitude about things. This getting older thing is not for wimps, is it?

Hang in there big guy!
Hi Jeff...my wife has had both cataracts done and also had a toric lens put in to correct her astigmatism. She went from very short sighted to the point where she can read far away with out glasses and was told she really didn't need glasses at all to drive.
My condition is called Ischemic Optic Nephropathy. They said it looks like a piece of plaque broke off and went up into my left optical nerve killing about 75% of it. They described it as like the optic nerve had a heart attack as the blood supply got cut of due to the blockage. It hasn't really affected me much but was hard to get used to at first. But the brain is a magnificent machine and will compensate for any problems. For instance....our daughter was born deaf and having lost one of her senses her other senses pick up things much faster than we would do. Like vision and sense of feeling like something coming up behind her. She feels the vibrations where we wouldn't. People were shocked when she started driving saying she can't hear but I said she's not blind and is more aware of what's around her than they were. She is a real good driver. I have no problems driving at all and drove a forklift without anyone detecting I had a problem. When I retired my boss said "I was the best driver he had" but his jaw dropped when I told him of my eye problem.
You're absolutely right Jeff...old age isn't for wimps but better than the alternative. As my buddy says "If I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself".
Thanks for asking

Hi Jeff...my wife has had both cataracts done and also had a toric lens put in to correct her astigmatism. She went from very short sighted to the point where she can read far away with out glasses and was told she really didn't need glasses at all to drive.
My condition is called Ischemic Optic Nephropathy. They said it looks like a piece of plaque broke off and went up into my left optical nerve killing about 75% of it. They described it as like the optic nerve had a heart attack as the blood supply got cut of due to the blockage. It hasn't really affected me much but was hard to get used to at first. But the brain is a magnificent machine and will compensate for any problems. For instance....our daughter was born deaf and having lost one of her senses her other senses pick up things much faster than we would do. Like vision and sense of feeling like something coming up behind her. She feels the vibrations where we wouldn't. People were shocked when she started driving saying she can't hear but I said she's not blind and is more aware of what's around her than they were. She is a real good driver. I have no problems driving at all and drove a forklift without anyone detecting I had a problem. When I retired my boss said "I was the best driver he had" but his jaw dropped when I told him of my eye problem.
You're absolutely right Jeff...old age isn't for wimps but better than the alternative. As my buddy says "If I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself".
Thanks for asking
would like to meet your daughter some day Mark she sounds like a great gal. I could take lessons from her because I can't hear. Or see or smell or feel. Oh yea and remember.

20181109_121025.jpg
20181112_115932.jpg
20181112_150105.jpg
Another box side replaced today and gonna get painted soon.
Had a hell of a time trying to get the inner structure straight it should have been replaced in the tail light area. No glue, welded it on.
Got another box side to replace next week I think. Dam farmers and hunters are hard on there trucks.

would like to meet your daughter some day Mark she sounds like a great gal. I could take lessons from her because I can't hear. Or see or smell or feel. Oh yea and remember.

That's 2 of us. Sounds like perseverance and toughness runs in the family!

View attachment 1715248253 View attachment 1715248254 View attachment 1715248255 Another box side replaced today and gonna get painted soon.
Had a hell of a time trying to get the inner structure straight it should have been replaced in the tail light area. No glue, welded it on.
Got another box side to replace next week I think. Dam farmers and hunters are hard on there trucks.
Good job Fred !! That one have a heated tail gate , so when it breaks down you can push and not get cold hands.:rolleyes:

Good job Fred !! That one have a heated tail gate , so when it breaks down you can push and not get cold hands.:rolleyes:
It's a 2017 GMC FOG it has a self destruct button no need to push it off the road. Just push the button truck will be gone in 10 seconds and call for a real truck to give you a ride home. lol

So Fred, am I correct that your recommendation for me is to:

1) use rattle can etching primer on all bare metal until the whole car is one color.

2) sand with 80 grit and apply filler in areas needed.

3) shape, block and putty as needed.

4) apply epoxy as the last step prior to paint.

Tomorrow I am back in the paint removal mode, shouldn't be for long. I have to get serious now. Been on vacation too long!

So Fred, am I correct that your recommendation for me is to:

1) use rattle can etching primer on all bare metal until the whole car is one color.

2) sand with 80 grit and apply filler in areas needed.

3) shape, block and putty as needed.

4) apply epoxy as the last step prior to paint.

Tomorrow I am back in the paint removal mode, shouldn't be for long. I have to get serious now. Been on vacation too long!
Don't need etch primer with epoxy primer. and the last thing you want to do if using etch primer is put to much on, one thin coat is plenty. I would fix the rust out areas before taking the rest of the paint off. Not sure how much filler you are going to need but if it is a deep area use 36 grit before filler, 80 grit for shallow areas. Bare metal no epoxy or etch primer just use filler "bondo" on bare metal. Don't use cheep filler "bondo" Ever coat is good about $80 a gallon. cheep would be $30 a gallon and cheep filler you will work hard to sand it.

Don't need etch primer with epoxy primer. and the last thing you want to do if using etch primer is put to much on, one thin coat is plenty. I would fix the rust out areas before taking the rest of the paint off. Not sure how much filler you are going to need but if it is a deep area use 36 grit before filler, 80 grit for shallow areas. Bare metal no epoxy or etch primer just use filler "bondo" on bare metal. Don't use cheep filler "bondo" Ever coat is good about $80 a gallon. cheep would be $30 a gallon and cheep filler you will work hard to sand it.
After the filler is finished off and as close as you can to being straight then we can do step # 2 epoxy or etch prime. just don't buy any primers yet until you deiced witch way to go.
Just what I would do.

Thanks Fred. Yeah she is a great kid and very proud of her. She has an IQ around 140 which also helps her a lot. She is a very caring person and always willing to help anyone. She also doesn't let anyone walk over her either, my wife says she gets that from me LOL. The probable reason you can't smell is from your Chili farts Fred. It's burned the smell sensors all to hell. Remember what?

Raised her well Mark good for you.
Chili for sure and probably didn't help my memory.

-
Back