Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Here my favourite one is taxing taxes ie liquor. The gov. Taxes the crap out of distillery’s then when you pick it up in the store they add sales tax on top thus taxing taxes

You got that right just glad mines payed for and no debt.
Me too.
It can't keep going the way it is. I remember back in 1980 the mortgage rates went as high as 22%. We were trying to sell our house for medical reasons and my mortgage was 10%. I asked the bank if someone would still be able to assume my mortgage and the manager said no way not when we can get 20-22%. (would have been a great selling feature) Took us 7 months to sell, so every weekend we would drive home to do laundry and cleaning etc. Too young kids so my wife couldn't work, our daughter went to the special school for the deaf and I was the only one working plus living in a one bedroom apt in a scuzzy neighbourhood and still paying a mortgage. Fun times. Our parents would give us some money just to help us plus I took an 85 dollar drop in pay a week moving there. We even lived in a friends old school house way out in the boonies for free till my wife saw some mice in there. We even had his/hers outhouses. We look back on that and laugh now but things were tight but you do what you have to do for your family no matter what.

I think a lot of people are leasing them.
Leasing is ok if you have a business and can write some of the payments off but if you don't you land up paying 10% on average more for the vehicle and the by back is ridiculous. Then they hit you for everything like tires and brakes and paint damage etc etc etc. The one dealership I worked at referred to leasing as "Lease and Fleece". That tells it all.

Leasing is ok if you have a business and can write some of the payments off but if you don't you land up paying 10% on average more for the vehicle and the by back is ridiculous. Then they hit you for everything like tires and brakes and paint damage etc etc etc. The one dealership I worked at referred to leasing as "Lease and Fleece". That tells it all.

Your right it can’t keep going in the direction it’s going. The numbers keep getting bigger across the board but some how we end up losing ground.

Just talked to my cousin in Washington State and he has a nice home nothing to fancy but pays $400 A month in property tax so weather you own it or not doesn't matter you will pay one way or another.
We pay 4400 a year so that's 367 a month. We pay the highest city taxes in the Greater Toronto Area

I pay 200 a month. Pretty average house. Not uppity at all. Gotta drive past a lot of not real fancy stuff to find me. And now they just passed a "Resort" tax in my immediate city. There already is a resort tax in a neighboring city. Funny thing... they have a resort, we don't'
Usually a resort is on a lake.

Tax don’t get me started .lol tax on property,water,sewer, gas, etc,then when you file taxes they want more bastards.....
The thing that pisses me off are the politicians, court Judges and so on. When they retire they still get a full wage till the day they take their last breathe. Most of them are into their 80's and still working or showing up and sleeping at work in their office. There should be an age limit and once you retire you collect a pension just like we have to. A little lop sided wouldn't you say?

Last edited:
Here my favourite one is taxing taxes ie liquor. The gov. Taxes the crap out of distillery’s then when you pick it up in the store they add sales tax on top thus taxing taxes
What burns my butt is if you're buying Canadian liqueur is being able to buy it cheaper in different countries. It's funny how liqueur doesn't have an expiry date but the older it gets the more expensive it is.

I live in the RM rural municipality my taxes work out to about $250 a month. The services I see road maintenance fire dept police services. They took away our land fill our tax never went down and now we have to pay to use Neibouring municipality’s land fills PER TON makes you wonder

Me too.
It can't keep going the way it is. I remember back in 1980 the mortgage rates went as high as 22%. We were trying to sell our house for medical reasons and my mortgage was 10%. I asked the bank if someone would still be able to assume my mortgage and the manager said no way not when we can get 20-22%. (would have been a great selling feature) Took us 7 months to sell, so every weekend we would drive home to do laundry and cleaning etc. Too young kids so my wife couldn't work, our daughter went to the special school for the deaf and I was the only one working plus living in a one bedroom apt in a scuzzy neighbourhood and still paying a mortgage. Fun times. Our parents would give us some money just to help us plus I took an 85 dollar drop in pay a week moving there. We even lived in a friends old school house way out in the boonies for free till my wife saw some mice in there. We even had his/hers outhouses. We look back on that and laugh now but things were tight but you do what you have to do for your family no matter what.
Your a good man Mark and yes I agree family first.

what pisses me off is the sales tax

i dont think i ever paid tax on something i saled, but each time i buy something, i pay sales tax...that aint right

what pisses me off is the sales tax

i dont think i ever paid tax on something i saled, but each time i buy something, i pay sales tax...that aint right
Something to link to this is every time a car is sold it has sales tax and then when it hits the junkyard the parts they sell has sales tax.

-
Back