My ebay feedback on a autometer guage seller

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just wow! Unbelievable, sounds like Mike is being standup about it. I have bought defective items in the past and never expected my money back without returning the product. He is gracious enough to fix the problem then what the hell is the problem.

Fine by me I hope Mike see's we want him to stay.

Well he won't if the thread disappears. What I think should happen is the OP should take him up on his offer, and if Mike backs it up then he should openly apologize to the man for not affording him the time to correct the problem and for dragging him through the mud. Just my 2 cents.

Well he won't if the thread disappears. What I think should happen is the OP should take him up on his offer, and if Mike backs it up then he should openly apologize to the man for not affording him the time to correct the problem and for dragging him through the mud. Just my 2 cents.

With the paypal claim its kind of out of sellers hands. The original poster kind of screwed himself and the seller in my opinion.

Gentleman, Rexone aka Mike has asked if he could make a "FINAL" comment on this thread more so from a sellers perspective. Once he's finished I will lock the thread so that it can be read but not commented on. I think everyone has had their kick at the can so to speak.

Terry

Thanks, Terry

I have no problem with the thread remaining and actually prefer is does so perhaps someone in the future will read it and not drop the feedback hammer on a seller prematurely. As I said in my first post I have nothing to hide, nor am I ashamed of any aspect in how we've conducted business for over 30 years.

The buyer recently contacted me through ebay requesting a feedback modification request, which I have sent. I thanked him. Hopefully this will be the last chapter to this unfortunate tale. I also hope that ebay will do the right thing also and return my % to 100 although I have little faith in their system to do anything right for a good seller. Both Paypal and ebay have stripped the systems pretty much of any seller rights, which as a few said above has resulted in good sellers leaving. I know a few in our business that will no longer use it.

I am of the opinion that ebay should have a mechanism in place so no one can leave negative feedback (sellers no longer can ever which I also disagree with), until a structured "work it out" procedure and waiting period is completed. This structure would include defined steps encouraging both sides to come to agreement and leave a neutral feedback at worst if such agreement is reached. I believe that would get rid of a lot of bad feedback that currently gets left in situations such as this one and would also encourage sellers to get situations taken care of in a timely manner and teach them to be better sellers as a result. I've only left negative feedback as a buyer one time, several years ago, a guy took my money and never shipped. And even then I didn't drop the hammer on him until given every chance to ship the item and make it right. The ebay system has changed a lot since those times though. Most the changes disfavoring seller's rights unfortunately. There should be a balance on ebay between buyers rights and sellers rights, after all, both are "ebay's" customers. Presently one is being served better than the other imo which is why many sellers are saying "screw ebay, I've had enough".

On the sale at hand, I originally offered both his money back and a UPS label via mail to return the part at my expense following his first message to me. When he opened the case with ebay shortly following my offer he now has to send the item back (which I intend to still refund his expense to do so because its the right thing to do). But the system must now run its course instead of us handling it independently on our own. Such is life.

As far as the gauge and how it got shipped in obviously used condition: I really don't have the answer to that question. I can only speculate that we received it from AutoMeter that way, or a customer returned it and we dropped the ball putting it back on the shelf somehow. Either could have happened I suppose. I'd actually love to know how these errors occur but most times they remain mysteries. We don't sell refurbished AutoMeter, only new. If something we sell is used we clearly mark it as so in our listings. I can tell you that we ship 100's of AutoMeter gauges each month between the Automotive and Marine side (we are one of very few AutoMeter distributors authorized to handle both) and will admit we do not open each and every box. I only use ebay for items we are reducing inventory on as a rule so not nearly all of our offerings appear there. I will now make it a point my people open these automotive AutoMeter gauges to make sure they are sealed and new before shipping any. This is the first issue of this type I've had with one but certainly is no excuse for shipping someone a used part. I've been an authorized AutoMeter distributor since the early 1990's. When this gauge arrives back I intend to personally inspect it, record its manufacture date, compare that to our AutoMeter purchases and research all sales of the same part number to other customers to see if I can determine what went wrong and where, if we have taken this part number back from any customer at any time, etc. Since this is a slow mover for us if we have no other sales on the part there is only one answer, it came from Autometer this way. I'll dig for the answer until I find or figure out its just inconclusive.

Hope all here have had a Merry Christmas and pray that 2012 is a better year for all who have fallen on hard times. I know there are a lot. As time permits I will explore your forum a bit more, I appreciate the welcome from so many. :)

I just want to say one thing. Welcome to FABO Mike.....were not all this way...maybe cliff but that's usually right before nap time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back