My ebay feedback on a autometer guage seller

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seller sells a lot of stuff that is supplied by outside vendors, there is know way he would know that the part was a factory return then sent out to him as a new part. Looks like he offered a pretty fair solution to the problem. Did you ask for another part and a call tag for the old one? Most likely he would of done that for you. IMO negative feedback was not called for. If it were me you as the buyer would be getting negative feedback as difficult to deal with

That's what I plan to do but The feedback will stand and I feel justified in leaving it. Like I said it's not the $$ but the principal. Had the seller tried to work with me in the first place, I might feel differently but I had to file a claim to get a response and even then it was still only his way or the highway. If I knew the meter worked I'd keep it. I didn't even get the chance to tell the seller that. From now on if I get an item that doesn't match the description, I'll just leave the negative feedback like most people do. I waited and tried to get opinions on here then thought about it some more. Then I decided it was my duty to other Ebayers to leave the feedback so no-one else got a used meter. If that makes me the bad guy then so be it.

Ebay/Paypal has already done their part for me. Once I email them with tracking number, They'll track it. Once it shows up back at the seller, they'll refund me my money and just take it from the seller. Once the seller receives negative feedback Paypal holds the sellers money until several days after the sale just for this kind of problem. So if I leave neg. FB, it'll make it easier on any new buyers that get burned like I did.

I think the seller should have given me a refund first with no questions asked because I already gave them money in good faith. Now I have to send it back and wait for a refund to be able to have the $$ toward a replacement. OR...
The seller could have hand picked me a perfect new one and sent it to me at which time I would return the defective one.
I'm just disappointed that I have to wait and go through a hassle just to put a nice Meter in My Dart.

I call B. S. You wanted it your way and that is not the seller's, eBay's or PayPal's way. You threw a fit and had to be an *** just like in the **Almost Died Today, No Joke** thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=169687

By the way I blocked your eBay id on all my eBay accounts so I won't ever have to deal with you.

seller sells a lot of stuff that is supplied by outside vendors, there is know way he would know that the part was a factory return then sent out to him as a new part. Looks like he offered a pretty fair solution to the problem. Did you ask for another part and a call tag for the old one? Most likely he would of done that for you. imo negative feedback was not called for. if it were me you as the buyer would be getting negative feedback as difficult to deal with

x2.

Finally got around to opening my Christmas package from Santa.
There was nothing in it !
I am so MAD!
I can not post negative feedback !!!
I know the only person he answer to is Jesus but I do not want to call on him on his birthday!
Merry Christmas

I know the seller Mike at Rex Marine from a couple other boat forums. He also lives in the next City over and does business nearby out of a brick and mortor warehouse. He has been in business as long as I can remember 20+ years. He has always been fair in his dealings and would no doubt return the money to the seller after the part is returned.

I don't believe you gave him a fair chance to make the transaction right or even enough time to respond to your complaint. Yes the part looks used just send it back. He does not screw his customers! He also does not want to be screwed by his customers.

I feel the negative feedback is out of line unless it took the seller more than 24 to 48 hours to respond or they could not correct the problem.

DSC00025.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00029.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Finally got around to opening my Christmas package from Santa.
There was nothing in it !
I am so MAD!
I can not post negative feedback !!!
I know the only person he answer to is Jesus but I do not want to call on him on his birthday!
Merry Christmas

That is a good one....

I call B. S. You wanted it your way and that is not the seller's, eBay's or PayPal's way. You threw a fit and had to be an *** just like in the **Almost Died Today, No Joke** thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=169687

By the way I blocked your eBay id on all my eBay accounts so I won't ever have to deal with you.

x10

Buyer left negative feedback & started this FABO feed within an hour of each other on Christmas Day !
You werent looking for opinions just a push bubba !
Cmon dude there is nothing nobody could do today except ***** .. which you did !
Yep you made your point clear on the 1 day of year you shouldnt have deal with assholes ... except a few relatives maybe ?
To everyone else Merry Christmas !
PS .. I will start my bitching Monday !

x10

buyer left negative feedback & started this fabo feed within an hour of each other on christmas day !
You werent looking for opinions just a push bubba !
Cmon dude there is nothing nobody could do today except ***** .. Which you did !
Yep you made your point clear on the 1 day of year you shouldnt have deal with assholes ... Except a few relatives maybe ?
To everyone else merry christmas !
ps .. i will start my bitching monday !

lol...

I called Santa tonight told him I want a refund on everything ....i expect cash on my dinner table first thing in morning...I will ship the presents back went i get time....

He told me to F.O........Santa is so rude...I guess I will stop believing in Santa again...

I called Santa tonight told him I want a refund on everything ....i expect cash on my dinner table first thing in morning...I will ship the presents back went i get time....

He told me to F.O........Santa is so rude...I guess I will stop believing in Santa again...

:sign5:

Xs2 santa is dick and wants ME to pay for return shipping

Good morning, I am the seller.

This ebay member sent me a message right out of the gate demanding money back before he ever returned the damaged product, something I've never done in 35 years in the business. It was an adversarial message and the first of 3 now. I explained that I'd refund his full purchase price upon his return of the gauge including his return postage. But he wanted no part of my offer and continued his nasty messages and threats. I have 100% feedback with 1500 transactions and certainly have no interest in screwing anyone out of anything. His threat of leaving me negative feedback knocking me down to 97% is the latest message, prior to his forwarding me this link of him slamming me on this forum. As an administrator and moderator on a forum of 15000 members myself I'm no stranger to this tactic by people attempting to extort money from businesses.

The gauge he received is obviously used and somehow got through our system without being detected. **** happens. I've offered to refund him 100% + his return postage upon the product's return. Not much more a merchant can offer. I'm certainly not going to refund anything before I get the product back (no merchant does this). If you call your local clothing store and claim by phone the Levis you just bought are torn, they'll tell you to return them for an exchange or refund. They don't just give you money back sight unseen based on your phone call.

In closing. my offer stands, an ebay case is now open, and as soon as the defective gauge is returned he'll get refunded (the exact message I sent him after his first message to me). For him to come on a forum such as this with intent solely to damage my business, and continue to threaten me with negative feedback and so on is 100 % out of line.

Mike G
Rex Marine Corporation
714 W Cienega Ave Suite A
San Dimas, CA 91773
909-592-1000

You see I am not hiding, no reason to.
Hey Mike,
Welcome to FABO !!!

What else you sell for Cars?
Hate to see you join just to straight out a deal that went bad.
Some of us would be interested in what you have to offer.
Sincerely,
Martin

You know I read every stinking post on all 4 pages, yes even the ones that
OwdKasd edited out (words never completely disappear) and was left with the conclusion that yes there was not enough time given for the system between buyer/seller/ebay/paypal to work things out. I also believe that giving negative feedback at this time was "jumping the gun" especially when you consider that this is a 4 day weekend for most people plus christmas break for a ton more others.

Given all that and considering that I'm in such a giving mood, if enough members including the OP give the word I'll make this thread disappear.:yawinkle:

I think thread should disappear out of respect to the business owner involved doing the right thing and the original poster jumping the gun on this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back