My ebay feedback on a autometer guage seller

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay/Paypal has already done their part for me. Once I email them with tracking number, They'll track it. Once it shows up back at the seller, they'll refund me my money and just take it from the seller. Once the seller receives negative feedback Paypal holds the sellers money until several days after the sale just for this kind of problem. So if I leave neg. FB, it'll make it easier on any new buyers that get burned like I did.

I think the seller should have given me a refund first with no questions asked because I already gave them money in good faith. Now I have to send it back and wait for a refund to be able to have the $$ toward a replacement. OR...
The seller could have hand picked me a perfect new one and sent it to me at which time I would return the defective one.
I'm just disappointed that I have to wait and go through a hassle just to put a nice Meter in My Dart.

doesnt look like there is any issue here anymore, return your parts, get the money back, and all is good.

theres no reason to bash the seller, expecially when he has already told you that he will take care of this issue.

your statement is rediculous, you want the seller to send you new parts AFTER youve bashed him on a forum, out of "good faith" WITHOUT returnin the one you have.?

no company will do that, and if you leave him negitive feed back over this, then that makes you loook like moron....seems to me hes stepped up to the plate and offered to stand by his product.

i dont know how many times ive bought parts from a parts depto, and they have been **** right out of the box...ive NEVER called them and said send me a new part, and ill return yours....lol, WOW

hes offering to make the situation right, just like any lagit buisness would, id leave him good feedback for being so quick to step up and offer to make it right.

stop whining because you have to wait for new parts...its part of the hobby, i ordered rims for my car, the took 4 weeks over the said delivery time. and i rolled on stocks all sumemr cause of this...IT HAPPENES

It looks like the negative feedback has already been left. I think you hit the nail on the head.

but ebay has to, because the item isn't new like advertised

Yes, exactly right. Item not as described. I just recently filed for the same reason. The sale was not through ebay and paypal simply froze the guys account until it was settled.

They will support you. I see no reason not to. The item isnt new thats for sure.

hmmm, seems like someone jumped the gun and slandered a buisness who OFFERED full return of his money

i hate poeple like this. people who **** talk on a forum when they have been offered a resolution to the issue...with their only intent to damage the reputation of the buisness...good job douche bag.

This is why I asked for advice whether to leave negative feedback or not.

My only objection is having to wait for the refund because that ties up my Paypal money to buy from someone else.
I am in no way slamming him but Feel I should get a full refund before sending the item back. Now I'm out the money and have to trust that I get my refund when he gets the item back.
Ebay gave me only 2 days to get the item sent back out to him which is tough for me being a truck driver.

I surely don't want to hurt anyones business but look at the pictures above. I didn't want anyone else to get a used product when they paid for a new one. Ebay is becoming known for sellers to sell Refurbished items as new. 99% of the time they get away with it.

How did this used item get passed off as new in the first place? Did Autometer sell it to Boatpartsman deceptively? Or....Is poatpartsman buying Refurbs and trying to pass the off as new??

Either way: I would advise against buying Autometer products from him. That is the only reason I am warning others. At this point I feel justified in my actions and haven't really said anything threatening or hateful. Just stating the facts as best as I know how.

Yes, exactly right. Item not as described. I just recently filed for the same reason. The sale was not through ebay and paypal simply froze the guys account until it was settled.

They will support you. I see no reason not to. The item isnt new thats for sure.
Thanks. It seems that there are two thoughts on this subject. 1 is that the seller should immediately refund. 2 is that the buyer should wait. If enough people think I jumped the gun on this, I will retract the negative feedback but.....I still would be very Leary of buying Autometer products from him.

The guy has over 1500 POSITIVE transactions and somebody wants to booger his **** all up with some stupid bullshit like this. Same thing happened to me. I sold sumffin on SleazeBay awhile back. I had 900 + positive with 100%. This monkey spank gave me a negative because he did not get his part in one week. I also clearly stated in the ad that I am disabled and I live in the country and only go to town about once a week and I was a little slow to ship. I was totally up front......but I got his part out really quick. I been quick to jump on the bandwagon on these type threads to sometimes. We just all need to remember there are two sides to every story. So, to me, at this point.....I don't really give a flyin Frick what the OP says because the seller is golden in my eyes. He's STILL offerin a total refund even AFTER he was bashed on a forum. SPeaks volumes about his integrity if you ask me. If I need somethin in Auto Meter, I might just go scope out boatpartsman.

If you bought the item from a local store, got home, saw it was not correct, would you call them and tell them to refund your money right this moment with your promise to show up and return the item?

I've run my own shop and unless I have the returned item "in hand" the buyer gets nothing. I've also had stuff show up on my shelves that has clearly been used when delivered from the distributor/warehouse in a fresh package. Pull a fresh Dominator carb out of the box that smells like VP C14, not the normal test fluid.... Crap happens.

I don't understand leaving neg feedback for something that you are in no worse position, other than time, than when you started. The seller has offered to square up, pay return postage, where's the harm.

Thanks. It seems that there are two thoughts on this subject. 1 is that the seller should immediately refund. 2 is that the buyer should wait. If enough people think I jumped the gun on this, I will retract the negative feedback but.....I still would be very Leary of buying Autometer products from him.

Why? You buy something from Summit and turn around and demand your money back without parts return. They'll laugh you off the phone. Why should anybody else give you the money first? Yeah, you're right. There are two thoughts on the subject. Yours and the RIGHT one.

If you bought the item from a local store, got home, saw it was not correct, would you call them and tell them to refund your money right this moment with your promise to show up and return the item?

I've run my own shop and unless I have the returned item "in hand" the buyer gets nothing. I've also had stuff show up on my shelves that has clearly been used when delivered from the distributor/warehouse in a fresh package. Crap happens.

I don't understand leaving neg feedback for something that you are in no worse position, other than time, than when you started. The seller has offered to square up, pay return postage, where's the harm.

There is no harm. The OP is just bein a skunk butt about it.

doesnt look like there is any issue here anymore, return your parts, get the money back, and all is good.

theres no reason to bash the seller, expecially when he has already told you that he will take care of this issue.
I pretty much agree. But I'm not bashing the seller just trying to keep others from getting a used part sold as new.

The Seller never offered an explanation. I asked very nicely for the refund first because that is what I would do for my buyer in this situation. Or I would send him another gauge and have him send the bad one back via a prepaid return label. I know that in the end, all will be good but I wanted to get help deciding whether to leave neg. feedback or not.
We seem to have a pretty good debate going on that subject. If most people on the forum feel Negative feedback is wrong then I'll retract it.

he should have inspected the part before sending it out. obviously it was misrepresented as being new.i myself have received parts that were not what they were supposed to be ,and well, having it there in front of me,and not wanting to go through all the b.s to return it and wait for a refund and then reorder through someone else,decided to eat the loss and just use the part (if i could) and just leave it alone, as most people do. but on the other hand, he did come out(and even registered here at FABO) to make good on the transaction of which, you NEVER see happen. so i give the guy props for manning up ,to clear up the problem. so even though you have to go through the b.s., at least he is taking responsibility for his end of the deal and giving you the option to get everything back you have into it ...my $0.02 cents worth........

But it's really a done deal, whether you retract it or not. Because it will show "Mutually withdrawn by buyer and seller" so everyone will know SOMETHING happened. Also, his feedback percentage rating will not go back up to 100%, so the damage is done. You can retract it, but it cannot be changed.

I've run my own shop and unless I have the returned item "in hand" the buyer gets nothing. I've also had stuff show up on my shelves that has clearly been used when delivered from the distributor/warehouse in a fresh package. Pull a fresh Dominator carb out of the box that smells like VP C14, not the normal test fluid.... Crap happens.

For the record, I provided him with my Phone number so we could talk it over and my first 2 emails were ignored. I definitely let my patience wear thin but I would have done a lot more for my customers on Ebay. I have sold 100's of guitars on Ebay and have certainly had a few unhappy customers. I have always asked them how they wanted me to handle it for them. I have always asked them "What can I do to make it right?" This Seller basically gave me a my way or the highway attitude instead of asking what I wanted. Had he tried just a little bit, I would have loved for him to send me another gauge and sent this one back.
Actually there's more to it than just lost time. Although time is enough IMO. Especially as a Truck driver. My time at home is very limited and precious and I should not have to waste a bunch of it returning used parts sold as new. Plus the disappointment of the used item. That sinking feeling that I just got duped. IMO, more people need to stand up for themselves against stuff like this.

Not a real big deal at all but more a principal thing.

Really? Are you flippin serious? What if the guy is sittin on a whole warehouse full of parts? Do you expect him to inspect every single part that goes out? You gotta be kiddin me. Nobody does that kinda stuff. You know how much company time and money that would take? That's a FULL TIME POSITION you're talkin about. Maybe more than one. That's why the seller has good feedback. Because he offers good customer service. He's already clearly stated that. Geez, some things are just outta peoples control. Have you ever made a mistake?

he should have inspected the part before sending it out. obviously it was misrepresented as being new.i myself have received parts that were not what they were supposed to be ,and well, having it there in front of me,and not wanting to go through all the b.s to return it and wait for a refund and then reorder through someone else,decided to eat the loss and just use the part (if i could) and just leave it alone, as most people do. but on the other hand, he did come out(and even registered here at FABO) to make good on the transaction of which, you NEVER see happen. so i give the guy props for manning up ,to clear up the problem. so even though you have to go through the b.s., at least he is taking responsibility for his end of the deal and giving you the option to get everything back you have into it ...my $0.02 cents worth........

But it's really a done deal, whether you retract it or not. Because it will show "Mutually withdrawn by buyer and seller" so everyone will know SOMETHING happened. Also, his feedback percentage rating will not go back up to 100%, so the damage is done. You can retract it, but it cannot be changed.
ya that is the shitty part about it. and even though he is trying to make good on it ,his feedback score will not reflect it..

Actually there's more to it than just lost time. Although time is enough IMO. Especially as a Truck driver. My time at home is very limited and precious and I should not have to waste a bunch of it returning used parts sold as new. Plus the disappointment of the used item. That sinking feeling that I just got duped. IMO, more people need to stand up for themselves against stuff like this.

Not a real big deal at all but more a principal thing.

If that's the case, then this whole thing is no one's fault but YOURS. You should be buying your parts locally, instead of dickin around on SleazeBay tryin to save a dollar. I know some truckers and they never get stuff mail order for that very reason.

Really? Are you flippin serious? What if the guy is sittin on a whole warehouse full of parts? Do you expect him to inspect every single part that goes out? You gotta be kiddin me. Nobody does that kinda stuff. You know how much company time and money that would take? That's a FULL TIME POSITION you're talkin about. Maybe more than one. That's why the seller has good feedback. Because he offers good customer service. He's already clearly stated that. Geez, some things are just outta peoples control. Have you ever made a mistake?
easy killa, we dont always know if they have one or two of a specific part or warehouse full, i am by no means defending the buyer only saying you dont always know where a part is coming from or how many items they really have...

easy killa, we dont always know if they have one or two of a specific part or warehouse full, i am by no means defending the buyer only saying you dont always know where a part is coming from or how many items they really have...

Yeah....sorry bout that. I just had this same thing happen to me as I described above, so it sorta pisses me back off again.....wasn't tryin to put you in the path of the fire. LOL

Some of you REALLY need to run your own business selling items produced and packaged by others to get a taste of reality in the retail word.

I think there are assumptions being made about what the seller may or may not have done/known. The difference between a good and bad seller is how they react to situations. Look, you got something that got through his retail channel... **** happens. He's done everything any reasonable honest retailer would do short of picking it up from you in person and handing you your money.

You chose to buy via the internet and clearly know the risks in doing so. As mentioned, maybe local purchases at whatever additional cost are more up certain peoples alleys. It's a trade off. One has convenience on the front end (internet), the other on the back end (brick/mortar storefront).

Yeah....sorry bout that. I just had this same thing happen to me as I described above, so it sorta pisses me back off again.....wasn't tryin to put you in the path of the fire. LOL
i recently got a jacked up part from summit. i emailed them.they sent me a new part AND a printed return slip with the UPS guy within 2 days. we simply switched product boxes and it was that simple. summit racing cant control every product as they are a huge mail order company. but i will keep going back because they did not hesitate or ask any questions when i told them what i ordered was not what i expected. they could not have been any better about it.and their customer service was A+,i know we arent talking summit here.but it was a good experience non the less,even though the part was bad

DSC00025.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00029.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

i recently got a jacked up part from summit. i emailed them.they sent me a new part AND a printed return slip with the UPS guy within 2 days. we simply switched product boxes and it was that simple. summit racing cant control every product as they are a huge mail order company. but i will keep going back because they did not hesitate or ask any questions when i told them what i ordered was not what i expected. they could not have been any better about it.and their customer service was A+,i know we arent talking summit here.but it was a good experience non the less,even though the part was bad

Yeah and they sell Auto Meter stuff too. LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe it or not, I can truly see your point on this as well. I Probably am being somewhat of a skunk butt. I was pretty sad to see the gauge when I opened the box.

In my own defense, I did post this from the standpoint of getting opinions and advice. My goal was NOT to Bash the seller. I waited for a few responses before leaving feedback but I was worried others would spend their Christmas money on used parts. I felt like it was important to use the feedback for what it was intended for. This seller is obviously pretty good but Somethings not quite right with these AutoMeters.

I left him my Phone number and he should have called me like a man and we could have discussed it. Sometimes hearing a sincere tone on the other end of the phone makes all the difference.

That's why I tried to put it in a humurous context. I just think you jumped the gun on feedback.......hope yall can get it all worked out. And who knows? ebay is always evolvin. Maybe they can change the feedback somehow. But to the best of my knowledge, they cannot.

I don't know what occurred, however, I can tell you from experience I LOVED it when the customer had a reasonable suggestion for a solution before laying the issue at my doorstep. Made life much easier.

I guess, if in the beginning the item got described/pictures to seller and a replacement/call tag could be sent, that would have solved the issue.

BTW the person that likely shipped that item did nothing more than get an invoice, pull it from a shelf, boxed and labeled it. They are a VERY large marine products retailer. I doubt the fulfillment person would even recognize a damaged product unless it was extremely obvious.

I do know that buyers, much like girlfriends/wifes, run the scale of no/low maintenance to insane high maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back