Need some advice

-
Sweet bro!!!! So, junk ALL of it(smog stuff)? How would I convert back to the old choke?
they can be hard to find but i think that nappa has them... if you go for the new intake and carb the choke is on the carb but with the OEM stuff it is on the exhaust manifold up to the carb, kinda hard to see in this pic...

Attachments

• 70' 225 Slant 6.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 178
well if you get the 4brl go no bigger than a 390cfm with vacuum secondaries... i think the 2 brls are almost that big but with the 3 barrel its divided between 4 throats not 2...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-0-8007/

Well, my friend(who I bought the car from last summer) recommended a 2 barrel carburator. So I guess I'll stick with the 2 barrel....SO, will those headers still work? I want to get the 2 Brl Carb Adaptor on the Clifford Intake, so will I need to get a 2 barrel carburator?

If possible, can you please post a pic of the carburator I need to get?? I found one on eBay

they can be hard to find but i think that nappa has them... if you go for the new intake and carb the choke is on the carb but with the OEM stuff it is on the exhaust manifold up to the carb, kinda hard to see in this pic...

Yeah, I don't even know what I'm looking for to be honest haha.

Well, my friend(who I bought the car from last summer) recommended a 2 barrel carburator. So I guess I'll stick with the 2 barrel....SO, will those headers still work? I want to get the 2 Brl Carb Adaptor on the Clifford Intake, so will I need to get a 2 barrel carburator?

If possible, can you please post a pic of the carburator I need to get?? I found one on eBay

it should be cheaper to track down an super 6 intake than a clifford, and yes, headers will work with either...

im not really familiar with the two barrels but lets see...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-0-4412S/

it should be cheaper to track down an super 6 intake than a clifford, and yes, headers will work with either...

im not really familiar with the two barrels but lets see...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-0-4412S/

Man, I'm all excited now haha. So, my cart a Summit includes the Holley Model 2300 Carburetor (the one that the link takes me too, is that the one I need???) and the Hooker Super Competition Headers.

What else will I need???

So, is this the Super 6 I'd need?? It's on eBay right now.
Will it work with that Holly Carb?

Attachments

• Super 6 Intake.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 137
Ok. Are either one of them online? Can you have them take a look at this thread?? I'm about to go offline haha.

Haha, I noticed that lol.
So, other than the headers, carb, and intake what else would I need?? Any seals or gaskets??

depends, are you gonna pull the motor and do all of the gaskets on an engine stand, pull the head or just change the intake/exhaust?

I like 600vac holleys as the great allrounder.
Thet work well on stock to well worked slants.
Don't be shy on your head shave.I've had 125thou taken off with no issues.

Here's my Valiat ute std 225/904 with 600vac on Cain manifold and headers.
Gets good mileage and goes well.

The Cain is an Aussie brand of manifold but any Clifford or Offy will be fine.

EWP002.jpg

The 2300 holley will fit the super six manifold.You just need a large 2bbl to small 2 bbl adapter plate.I think there is one on ebay for like 11 bux.

I like 600vac holleys as the great allrounder.
Thet work well on stock to well worked slants.
Don't be shy on your head shave.I've had 125thou taken off with no issues.

Here's my Valiat ute std 225/904 with 600vac on Cain manifold and headers.
Gets good mileage and goes well.

The Cain is an Aussie brand of manifold but any Clifford or Offy will be fine.

EWP002.jpg

he isn't goning to change the cam or do any head work so a 390 4brl or a 2 brl will be plenty...

Also, is there a type of duel exhaust system I could use? Once again, please post a link or a picture of what brand/type it is.

I understand you are new at this,but all of these questions have been asked hundreds of times before. This site has a search function.Also check out www.slantsix.org ,get yourself a factory service manual and a book on basic automotive repair.

I think I have a 2 barrel from a slant 6 and I think it's a holley, I'll check if your interested? PM me if you are

-
Back