Need some advice

-
Can you post a link please? I'm still not sure what I want. 4-Barrel will allow me to go faster right??

Sure. Here is a Super six intake. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f04ce2dcf

They will suffice for probably 90% of hot slant motors. They were a factory 2 barrel upgrade. With the proper exhaust and cam, they can make a big difference. But like anything else, they have to have the right parts all working together. The slant will accept a 4 barrel, but they need a 390 CFM Holley and they ain't cheap.

Sure. Here is a Super six intake. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f04ce2dcf

They will suffice for probably 90% of hot slant motors. They were a factory 2 barrel upgrade. With the proper exhaust and cam, they can make a big difference. But like anything else, they have to have the right parts all working together. The slant will accept a 4 barrel, but they need a 390 CFM Holley and they ain't cheap.

Ok, so maybe I should stick with the 2-barrel then. Any links to the proper Cam and Exhaust??

Ok, so maybe I should stick with the 2-barrel then. Any links to the proper Cam and Exhaust??

the hookers will be fine with the super six intake... do you know how to do a cam change or know anybody who has done a cam change??

the hookers will be fine with the super six intake... do you know how to do a cam change or know anybody who has done a cam change??

I do not know how to do one. However, my friend who I bought the car from has(he's a decorated mechanic).

SO, what Cam should I get then??

I do not know how to do one. However, my friend who I bought the car from has(he's a decorated mechanic).

SO, what Cam should I get then??

people talk about this oregon cam grinding place...

erson went under i think so i guess comp would be your only other choice...

I would imagine for what you want to do, that largest Comp solid grind will be great. I think it's either the 262S or 264S....I forget. Whichever the largest solid is. It's not that radical at ALL and would be a great step up. "Decorated" mechanic. Never heard that one before. Does that mean he wears a hat when he works on cars?

I would imagine for what you want to do, that largest Comp solid grind will be great. I think it's either the 262S or 264S....I forget. Whichever the largest solid is. It's not that radical at ALL and would be a great step up. "Decorated" mechanic. Never heard that one before. Does that mean he wears a hat when he works on cars?

Ok, thanks for the info. Nope haha, he's got over 25 awards and that kinda stuff. He's worked on Mopar's before, and really knows what he's doing:toothy10:

Yeah that's it. But that's just the cam. You'll need cam lifters and matching springs too. You can get them separetely if the budget is limited, but it's important to match everything up with the recommended NEW parts.

Step up to the plate bro !!!!

4 bbl,Big cam,Over size valves,Ported/Shaved head,Headers.

Just Do It !!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Attachments

• Hart Basketball 003.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 154
Step up to the plate bro !!!!

4 bbl,Big cam,Over size valves,Ported/Shaved head,Headers.

Just Do It !!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

"I" fully intend to do JUST that. lol With Weisco pistons and H beam rods.

Come on, guys. The poster is a newbee to slants and sounds like to engines in general, and just wants to warm up a street engine. This is my take, and recommendation.
You will need someone to help you. Remove the head, and have it milled to get about a 9.0 to 1 compression ratio. This modification will give the best "bang for the buck". There is no down side to doing this, except for the amount of work. It will increase engine power over the complete rpm range, and also improve fuel economy. Use a super six "stock mopar 2 bbl" intake manifold. Save your money and forget the headers, not enough gain for the money, in your aplication. Stay with the stock exhaust manifold, and have a exhaust shop build a low restriction exhaust system from the manifold back.
For a carb, PM Slantsixdan and see if he has a "NEW" carb that will work.
If you have he money, while the head is off, you could have a good valve job done (oversize valves are an option, but not required), and the "bowl" under the valve opened up (called pocket porting).
After this is is a mater of tuning, such as modifing the ign curve in the distributer.

-
Back