Need some advice

-
Here's some pics of what I'll be getting. Now, what else will I need to complete this mod?
Super64.jpg

Super63.jpg

Super62.jpg

SuperSix.jpg

i think i only had to do slight mods to fit a 475 lft cam... top of guides and spring seat depth...

hellion did have a valid point though. what you and I consider the most minimal of mods and can probably with tools we own, a newbie to the entire hobby might see that as an impassable object. That kinda stuff is easy to overlook when you can do most of it yourself.

I was just considering machinist costs on the work that's being advised. A head done nice can easily run $500 on the cheap. Why not just give a price list of options.

option A
x= $-$$
y= $-$$
total= $-$$

option B
x=

you get the point... and we can make it a sticky

I was just considering machinist costs on the work that's being advised. A head done nice can easily run $500 on the cheap. Why not just give a price list of options.

option A
x= $-$$
y= $-$$
total= $-$$

option B
x=

you get the point... and we can make it a sticky

good point! let me look thru my recipets and see what it cost me...

erson E470-000 282/340 Cam $130
Erson Matching Springs $50.00

Summit
Hooker Super Comp Headers $470
Petronix Electronic conversion $110
Freeze plug kit $11
Main Bearings $52
Fuel Pump $37

Autozone
Water Pump $25
Grade 8 hardened exhaust studs and nuts $50

Machine Shop
Head- cleaned, crack checked, new guides, hardeed exhaust seat $150
Block- cleaned,checked,cam bearings installed, crank cleaned and ground, pistons installed on rods $250

i found my dyno sheet from when the motor was original with 300K miles... 85hp @ 3500 and 140 Tq @ 2750!!

Update: Ok, I've got the Super Six Intake, and the following parts
1.Super 6 Intake
2.Kickdown Linkage
3.The bolts, studs and mini nuts to mount the carb are there as are the studs and nuts for the EGR. There are some bolts too for the carb air heat stove to bolt to the throttle linkage
4.choke stove
5.Carter 2-barrel Carb.(I've heard there's problems with these, should I just get a new one??)
He told me everything was there except the Air Cleaner. I'm planning on getting the Blue "Super Six" Decal sticker and putting it on mine when I get it.

Duster Fan. I have an air cleaner if you get this deal. It will need painted and your decal installed.

FYI:
If you are buying the Super Six decal from ebay it is not quite correct.
The blue is off a few shades and it does not say "Chrysler Corporation" between the "Super Six".
If I haden't found a NOS decal for mine I would have bought one anyway..
Here are some pics of NOS ones: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=92208

Later,
Bruce B.

FYI:
If you are buying the Super Six decal from ebay it is not quite correct.
The blue is off a few shades and it does not say "Chrysler Corporation" between the "Super Six".
If I haden't found a NOS decal for mine I would have bought one anyway..
Here are some pics of NOS ones: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=92208

Later,
Bruce B.

Bruce, I asked this question over on the slantsix.org board and the guys told me the picture was wrong and I'd get a good reproduction. They were right and the one I received was not the one pictured, but a lighter shade of blue with the "Chrysler Corporation" on it. I went and looked through my feedback and saw a transaction with the same "nhpony" guy about a year ago, which is around the time I remember getting the sticker. It doesn't say what I bought though so I can only be 99% sure that it was the super six sticker.

Here is what I got. But like I said I can only be 99% sure its that sticker from that guy.

Picture076.jpg

Bruce, I asked this question over on the slantsix.org board and the guys told me the picture was wrong and I'd get a good reproduction. They were right and the one I received was not the one pictured, but a lighter shade of blue with the "Chrysler Corporation" on it. I went and looked through my feedback and saw a transaction with the same "nhpony" guy about a year ago, which is around the time I remember getting the sticker. It doesn't say what I bought though so I can only be 99% sure that it was the super six sticker.

Here is what I got. But like I said I can only be 99% sure its that sticker from that guy.

Picture076.jpg

If that is the case - Great!
I just didn't want anybody getting a decal they would be disapointed with.

Thanks for the correction.

Later,
Bruce B.

-
Back