ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
Looking good j par. you have been busy. Maybe fire it up this weekend ?
Been a little busy myself, after hearing YR's dilemma, I decided to clean a corner of the barn for him. lol
Pretty much got the horse sh.. cleaned up, now I'm trying to eradicate the bats and rats.
I'm sure his wife is going to drain his bank account, so I'm gonna give free room and board for 90 days. lol
Keep up the good work j par :thumbsup:

Looking good j par. you have been busy. Maybe fire it up this weekend ?
Been a little busy myself, after hearing YR's dilemma, I decided to clean a corner of the barn for him. lol
Pretty much got the horse sh.. cleaned up, now I'm trying to eradicate the bats and rats.
I'm sure his wife is going to drain his bank account, so I'm gonna give free room and board for 90 days. lol
Keep up the good work j par :thumbsup:
the weather doesn't look like it's going to change till at least Tuesday next week. I have a couple more days off and I'm going to try and get the most of it I can buttoned-up. I'll probably wait till just before I start it to put water in it, if those cometic do seep water they say it should stop after a heat cycle... I'll need to do a hot check on the valve lash and I'll probably go ahead and do an oil change as well. I'm just going to start it with the old oil filter and old oil which is probably less than 500 Miles old...
That reminds me that's another thing that I did today as well was I went through the valve lash again because I had previously set them at 19 cold. That's what I used to set them for on my cast-iron heads. I talked to Ken at Oregon cam grinding last week and told him I had the aluminum heads and that it calls for a 22 hot valve lash. He said the set them at 16 and check them hot. But he also said that likely the exhaust will grow more. So I went ahead and set the exhaust at 15 and the intake at 16. We'll see how it turns out hot...

Making some progress myself. Primed the block with Rust-Oleum # 769 damp proof primer on all the cast surfaces, going to put a top coat of enamel on the exterior of the block. Too damp here today for that, but tomorrow if I'm lucky.

IMG_20200609_194320.jpg
IMG_20200609_194324.jpg

Since I'm using a Chevy style radiator I might as well use a Chevy style cover..
IMG_20200609_175459.jpg

I really like this alternator bracket...
IMG_20200609_175436.jpg

I'm going to replace the DC covers and the DC air breather hold Downs... I'm tired of not being able to turn my back on the car... Insurance can't replace that stuff...

Send them to me. I promise to put them away where nobody can see them. Just knowing I have them will make me feel special. I will be forever in your debt. Kim
As much as I appreciate your offer they do make me feel special! Sometimes short bus special but never the last special LOL I'll probably make some kind of display for them in my garage and put them on when I really want to show off...
I just bought new caskets for them for the new heads...

I'm going to replace the DC covers and the DC air breather hold Downs... I'm tired of not being able to turn my back on the car... Insurance can't replace that stuff...
maybe take a empty block, and put heads, intake, with all the DC stuff and put it as a show piece/conversation piece in a man cave...????

maybe take a empty block, and put heads, intake, with all the DC stuff and put it as a show piece/conversation piece in a man cave...????
Hey, that's a good idea... Like the Chevy Block at all the Baxter's Auto Parts stores... (Local parts store that still sells a little bit of hot rod stuff)

We did that at the parts store. We usually had a hot rod engine on display. (Lakewood engine stand) We had a 392 hemi at one time and a short wheel base dragster. I remember, we took that apart, tipped it sideways and walked it in the door. Damn, no cell phones then so no photos of that.

Scan.jpg

img142.jpg

We did that at the parts store. We usually had a hot rod engine on display. (Lakewood engine stand) We had a 392 hemi at one time and a short wheel base dragster. I remember, we took that apart, tipped it sideways and walked it in the door. Damn, no cell phones then so no photos of that.

View attachment 1715543786

View attachment 1715543787

Wow! I miss those days when parts stores had speed parts in stock, hanging on the walls.

View attachment 1715543786

View attachment 1715543787
I remember the auto parts stores displaying performance. Unfortunately, all we have are NAPA's, O'reilly's, Advance Auto, and Autozone, none which do that sort of thing.

I remember the auto parts stores displaying performance. Unfortunately, all we have are NAPA's, O'reilly's, Advance Auto, and Autozone, none which do that sort of thing.
Our ORiley's and AutoZone have a little teeny short isle of performance stuff but it's very very generic..

I'm taking out stock in a blue tape company LOL looking good!...
I puttered it around in the garage today...
I mounted the radiator proper and the new fan. I ran a new thermostat Gage and connected it to a relay this time. I put them in a different spot than inside the motor compartment. I ran all five of the wires for that and got all that in correctly. I tested the fan and it kicked out pretty hard so I was happy... I also mounted the coil on the firewall just about where it was at but before it was on a one bolt bracket under the back bolt of the intake manifold....

I'm taking out stock in a blue tape company LOL looking good!...
I puttered it around in the garage today...
I mounted the radiator proper and the new fan. I ran a new thermostat Gage and connected it to a relay this time. I put them in a different spot than inside the motor compartment. I ran all five of the wires for that and got all that in correctly. I tested the fan and it kicked out pretty hard so I was happy... I also mounted the coil on the firewall just about where it was at but before it was on a one bolt bracket under the back bolt of the intake manifold....

lol. realized I have less block getting paint than not. I've got three different irons in the fire right now. Zero front suspension under the car, waiting on a kit from HDK. Rear end is out while I'm swapping springs and associated hardware. Plus the motor. It's good that someone is making progress, because it sure isn't me. Seems like I'm going backwards rather than forwards.

-
Back