ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
I noticed that......I did not see what model it was.....

Trouble with that is at 28 inches you may find a backup issue that 20 inches may let slide. I crank mine up to 36 inches sometimes to find and work on possible problems and really push a head hard.

That is the reason I posted the complete sheet ...cause it is just numbers to me figured someone else would know what it all meant...

We will just have to see what ET slips they provide.

Just another small update on the out-of-the-box Speedmaster heads...
And please remember when I say out of the box I still paid $95 to a machine shop to have them take them apart inspect them pressure check them re lubricate and put them together and they're only complaint was the heads sat a long time in the lubricant that was put on there had dried up.. They didn't think it would have caused problems, but they also didn't think it was a good thing..
Anyways put a good 40 miles the other day on the freeway and a little bit of spirited driving here and there... Knock on wood so far so good...
I do have one video I'd like to pass on to @lead69 and his fancy trick flows..

And please remember when I say out of the box I still paid $95 to a machine shop to have them take them apart inspect them pressure check them re lubricate and put them together and they're only complaint was the heads sat a long time in the lubricant that was put on there had dried up.. They didn't think it would have caused problems, but they also didn't think it was a good thing..
Anyways put a good 40 miles the other day on the freeway and a little bit of spirited driving here and there... Knock on wood so far so good...

LOL!

Nice!, how did you know that is one of my favorite movies lol. Perfect for those boring late nights, right along with any vintage Clint Eastwood, the first rambo, escape from new york city ect.
Don't know if I will get to play at the track this year, gotta see how things play out. Now you can go ahead and call me out to be just like YR:D

Yet another update on the Speedmaster heads LOL...
What are the two main things I wanted these heads for was weight loss 50 lb which LOL I gained it right back putting an AC system in oh yeah and the Nitrous system... BUT... The other reason was hopefully to be able to run pump gas.
The first thing I did today was buy another five gallons regular non-ethanol 91 or 92 octane, I think 91.. I mix that with the three gallons that was left in the tank which I had already started diluting so I couldn't have had more than a half gallon 110 Sunoco.. after a lot of hot idling playing with the new AC it shut off every time like normal.. that's where I had my problems before just during shut off it wouldn't run on... So that was a positive note.....

Last edited:
Drove it to the gas station and top it off with another 5 gallons of non ethanol which makes me think I have 99% of the Sunoco out of it now. I can't smell it anymore... Brought the car home after a long drive and it was 99 degrees out today and the car came home pretty hot and I started and stopped it a few times and no run on so I believe I'm pretty convinced so far that the heads took care of one of my issues....

Trying to work out my alternator mounting.

IMG_20200901_201628.jpg
IMG_20200901_202233.jpg

Looks awesome. Do u need it up that high? Kim

With the EFI, electric pump, and electric fan I needed something with a decent output, especially at idle. It's a 90A denso, and i'm running into clearance issues in the stock location. This was the best position I've come up with so far.

Sorry, no I don’t. I had a denso that was factory On my 88 truck. I may have a bracket set up on another 88 truck. It had a Chrysler alt that was a different style but I think the brackets are the same. Kim

Sorry, no I don’t. I had a denso that was factory On my 88 truck. I may have a bracket set up on another 88 truck. It had a Chrysler alt that was a different style but I think the brackets are the same. Kim

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what I can find in the JY. 80's stuff is getting hard to find around here.

I think an interesting test would be a set of cnc ported SM heads vs a set of the TF heads...... both run literally right ootb, on some stroker short block that should make solidly over 500hp....... and something closer to 550hp would be better.

I doubt it’ll happen....... but I’d still like to see it.
Send a message to Engine Masters and see if they’ll do that comparison on a future episode

FINALLY made it through this whole thread. About 5 pages of meaningful content in 68 pages but it was entertaining.
:lol:

FINALLY made it through this whole thread. About 5 pages of meaningful content in 68 pages but it was entertaining.
:lol:
Well what's the verdict you running out to get some Speedmaster heads? Black Friday is coming quick...

Well what's the verdict you running out to get some Speedmaster heads? Black Friday is coming quick...

I wonder if they will have the sales this year???
My youngest could use one of the intakes.

I wonder if they will have the sales this year???
My youngest could use one of the intakes.
I've had one of the intakes in my shopping cart for long over 6 months now... Just waiting for the day to come LOL... Every couple of months they kick it out and I just go right back on and put it back in...

I've had one of the intakes in my shopping cart for long over 6 months now... Just waiting for the day to come LOL... Every couple of months they kick it out and I just go right back on and put it back in...

Well, we will be waiting for you to Sound The Alarm!!!!

-
Back