Project`67 Dart GT 340 A500

-
The Quick Fuel 750 experiment #97 would have been great if I was racing due to it's tuning ability but I am not racing other than a occasional blast to humiliate a newer car trying to pick on Jr. Best I got was 12 mpg with it. So back with the old faithful Carter 1970 340 unit and back to 16 mpg on freeway and runs just as good.
The cable kickdown was just plain and simple a pain in the a$$, maybe it was the brand but never could get it right to shift like linkage style. Right after I swapped back it was happy again.
Lesson learned, just leave a good thing alone.
20180629_082013.jpg
20180629_082418.jpg

Putting and fresh 383 in the blue GTS.

My little GT has been a happy camper and such a dependable car, I cannot say enough about how fun it is to drive. Someday it will look as good as it runs.
20180720_144040_resized_1.jpg
IMG_20180720_144505_357.jpg

Road trip
A friend and I took Junior on a road trip to the Fall Fling and Peterson museum at the weekend. Car did great and didn't miss a beat, the OD just made it that much nicer keeping up with crazy traffic and only running 2000 rpm most of it. I did get stuck on fun very tight twisty down hill road and the locals were just flying down this thing and by the time I got to the bottom I felt some brake fade, so that is something I need to work on when I do a track or a similar road again.

We even got a ribbon at the show, maybe they felt sorry for Junior's external appearance . HAHA

20181027_132655.jpg

20181027_132148_resized.jpg

Before and after , arm rest clean up. I used rattle can chrome so more like silver but better than it was. The new white pads don't fit very good, reproduction crap.

20181031_140938_resized.jpg

20181101_073112_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Tachless,

I was having a idle issue recently that would stall the engine all of a sudden and have been looking all over for the issue. One day driving along at slow speed I noticed the tach was showing 5,000 rpm and that's was way off what I was doing even though I wish I was revving it to 5 that would mean I was having fun. So disconnected the wire at the coil and BAM!! everything was back to normal!!
So next time I install a tachometer it will be new one not a freebee cheapie that my friend already threw away and I took it back out of the trash can. :BangHead:

Drove all week to work with no more issues and even runs smoother now, shoot maybe I will start sanding on it again......maybe.

My name is Chris. I am Junior340's son. As you can see I have been planning on taking possession of the Dart for quite some time by my Username and join date. lol, I moved to Idaho about 1.5 years ago and have been bugging him to let me bring the Dart up here for quite some time now. Well when I was home over the holidays I was handed the keys and was told to take it and have some fun! I will continue what he started on the project and also amplify it as much as I can. I drove the car from Pismo Beach all the way up to Star, ID. That's an 853 mile trip and drove straight through. Other than a small tire issue the car ran and drove flawlessly. I loved every second of the drive. I was getting so many people giving me thumbs up and waving. Such a cool feeling. Great job pop's on making such a solid car! BTW, the overdrive swap was key!!!
fpIsdpm0XiRMVKTfXy7AdcmL5V85Z9BfcwEJXa7JJyffWsYdecW_snWjbrETxdIsOB-5Iou9hEaTI0ZVOw=w1292-h969-no.jpg

4LPdRJDD17sJSydWCJviNqrZo0Womslc-GMw49lloT7J4WZR1cVkdxTOQWmZsXFyqRrDkMjKEp6uM467Ww=w1292-h969-no.jpg

I think it might be time to take the car out for a "Spin" haha Don't you? Who else drives there cars in the snow?
rlwPzg3UVgl37f4plO7DIvdiukMqPqLjiYNnAdUN5uqfdr_6EKQQnFykVv72K8VSAJw_mMS0tMcKpql-cQ=w1292-h969-no.jpg

I think it might be time to take the car out for a "Spin" haha Don't you? Who else drives there cars in the snow?
View attachment 1715276054
Hey love looking through your thread and realized you were in Boise.my wife and I just moved back from Arkansas and live in Twin now.check out my profile it would be cool to touch base with another Gt owner.love what you've done with Jr.

Hey love looking through your thread and realized you were in Boise.my wife and I just moved back from Arkansas and live in Twin now.check out my profile it would be cool to touch base with another Gt owner.love what you've done with Jr.

That would be fun. Maybe a Summer cruise and meet up at a show? I'll keep my eye open for one in the area that isn't full of sissy cars. :rofl:

Congratulations on becoming the new caretaker for the GT! Always loved following along, and look forward to your updates.

Thank you. It has already been the talk of the town. Small town living problems. haha, I will be posting an update later this weekend. :)

I know mine gets REAL squirrelly in wet and couldn't imagine the snow, I just idle her in the garage for a bit till the feeling goes away. Lol

Note to self, Don't drive the Dart if it's snowing or snow is on the ground haha, that was an adventure for sure. 100% useless unless you want to go nowhere fast.:steering:

View attachment 1715276054

That'll be me! Snow tires and a 150 pound toolbox in the trunk. Hardly ever an issue. I do notice that once there is more than 4 inches of snow on the road It gets a little nerve wracking. Over 6 inches, I'm callin' a snow day or borrowing the wife's Tahoe.

I have been working with K&N for many many years on all of my previous projects so I took the opportunity to increase the airflow to the 340 by adding one of there K&N XStream Air Flow Assemblies and picked up a case of there Performance Silver Oil Filters to keep the oil clean!

IMG_20190219_174125.jpg

IMG_20190219_174131.jpg

IMG_20190220_174611.jpg

-
Back