rear end or transmission problem?

-

buckshotbishop

Old Soul
Reaction score
on a very sharp and fast turn about 45 mph and just as sharp as im willing to push it at the moment somthing is causing my engine to rev like crazy. its like i just through it in neutral. it happens when in drive and in second.

i have a 904 and open 8 3/4 with green bearings and dr diff axles the center section if fairly worn ( didnt want to rebuild it as its temporary).

could the problem be the transmission or the rear?

It's possible that you are throwing the trans fluid over to the side and sucking air.
Other than that, its not the trans or rear end.

Is this under acceleration, or just a sharp corner?

It's possible that you are throwing the trans fluid over to the side and sucking air.
Other than that, its not the trans or rear end.

Is this under acceleration, or just a sharp corner?

under acceleration as in foot to the floor but not increasing in speed due to it being up hill and having a 170 slant.

new-ish shocks kybs replaced 5 years a go. deffinatly worn motor mounts but not broken.

i doubt im lifting a tire but ill have some one check it

had some one stand on the corner. after passing him i saw a huge grin on his face. im just lifting the inside tire enough to spin it without it screeching or any sliding... loving my hankook v12's

Can someone explain to me HOW a broken motor mount will allow the engine to REVVV as if it were in Neutral?

Don't know how it could make the engine rev like it was in neutral but I had and old POS 66 Buick when I was 17 that had mechanical throttle linkage and a motor mount broke letting the engine raise up and pull the carb wide open. Good thing I wasn't behind someone when I first happened. Took me a little bit to figure it out cause when I'd shut the key off the engine would drop back down and let the throttle up.

Don't know how it could make the engine rev like it was in neutral but I had and old POS 66 Buick when I was 17 that had mechanical throttle linkage and a motor mount broke letting the engine raise up and pull the carb wide open. Good thing I wasn't behind someone when I first happened. Took me a little bit to figure it out cause when I'd shut the key off the engine would drop back down and let the throttle up.

Exactly. Depending on the amount of lift it will also bind up the kick down rod.

I had two vehicles like that :D it sucks.
The one I hate is starting to step on the brakes and the pedal sucks right to the floor locking the brakes till you turn the engine off and it bleeds down the vacuum. (I had two different cars that did that):banghead:

For some reason everything I typed about the original poster's tire spinning situations looked like a smartass comment, so I'll just say,

Oh, COOL. :D:burnout:

His inside tire is lifting and he doesn't have sure grip. So the engine revs with no load.

I had a 70 toyota van when I was stationed in Japan that would do that if I cornered agressively.

All of the above makes sense....but I think if I was driving the car I would know if one of the wheels were spinning or not regardless of a broken motor mount or whatever. Just my 2 cents.... Carry on

-
Back