shots from the garage...

-
vrrooom VROOOOM! :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEcu5Ksh7us&feature=youtu.be"]00097 - YouTube[/ame]

773 @ 7000 rpm 650 torque and it comes in really early. Going to be a fun piece between the fenderwells. Definately not set on "kill" and should give me lots of trouble free passes.

When hell freezes over..... you know, when it cools back down to the 90's again! :) Got a few things to change before it hits the track, and I'll have to align and scale again for sure. This engine is a PIG!! I'm betting it weighs every bit as much as my stock block iron head mill.

773 @ 7000 rpm 650 torque and it comes in really early. Going to be a fun piece between the fenderwells. Definately not set on "kill" and should give me lots of trouble free passes.

Nice numbers,guy. Looks like fun.

and there's always something.... CSR shield won't fit. I did a bit of homework on this piece and found it was a risk, but considering the options it was the route I chose to "conform" to the rules..... in case I would happen to go 9's :) We'll be performing some surgery on the floor to "make it fit"... Sorry guys, yes..... I'm cutting on an original B5 slant 6 car.

[URL="http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/miradaus/C40DB063-A4F9-4A03-A64C-D2EAA29BD8B8_zpswdd9ipzt.jpg"][/URL]

da' bullets!

[URL="http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/miradaus/2E963A20-DA87-40C7-8F36-86E3A6B7203B_zpsfdjd5bui.jpg"][/URL]

You are using a 727?

...the 904 barely fit...I had to modified the K member to get the deep pan to drop into the K member before the Shield hits the firewall...other wise it would not go in.....PIA

yeah.....727. Have a decent 904, but not sure it's up to the task of the new mill, that and I don't have a converter or drive shaft fabbed up for it. It's the same trans and converter that we ran with the W5 mill. The back of the shield is hitting the floor pushing the front of it up as noted in the pict... I'm still waiting for my new flex plate to show up.... forgot our other one is balanced to the 360 rotating assy, that and I'll need a new SFI approved one anyways. Once I have that I can drop the motor and and see if I can lower the back of the trans some to compensate, but I'm 99% sure the floor is getting hacked.

Jay when I ran a 727 and the shield I don't remember having a fitment problem but again its been so long ago. The 727 fir in the Mustang just fine. In the 70 Duster I didn't have any problem with it fitting.

heres a joke. that front motor plate will make a lot of wind resistance. put some holes in it. LOL

well it finally runs in the car.... next step will be hauling it to the chassis shop for some more upgrades and to get the trans tunnel fabricated.

you should have had it done and hauled over here to bakersfield.....

yeah..... ton of bad timing on my part. Race trailer is still stuffed with furniture I round tripped to Sodak two weeks ago to get. I'm heading to Phoenix in the am to deliver that. Hoping to get up to Vegas sunday to take in eliminations for the Jegs race.

well everything is buttoned up on the bottom side.... top side we had issues. Intake is a 4150 and we put a 2" spacer with our 4500 dominator.....which ended up being about 1-1.5" to tall to clear the hood. "eventually".... I'll pull the intake and have it ported to 4500 size, but for now I'll be running the old BG 930 cfm carb. Tired of hemmoraging cash on this deal. Need to consentrate of getting it so it can go down a track.

...and another thing that "bothered" me. The ladder bars were in the top hole which I didn't feel with the hp of this mill would be a "good" place to start tuning. Dropped them down so they are level with the ground. Need to clean up the overspray that's been on the bars since the car was painted a number of years ago.

well..... nothing too exciting, but drove the car tonight down the street and into the trailer. heading to Phoenix next weekend for it's final chassis shop visit.

Car is still at chassis shop..... my dad had the ladder set up done years ago, and the car never did 60ft worth a crap even with the W5 mill. Rear is being "re-done"..... car will sit lower and this will allow even more front end travel which should help the car work. Comp Chassis did the work on my Mirada and it worked dang good for being limited to a 10" tire...... meanwhile, I drug home some more "parts" :)

Car is still at chassis shop..... my dad had the ladder set up done years ago, and the car never did 60ft worth a crap even with the W5 mill. Rear is being "re-done"..... car will sit lower and this will allow even more front end travel which should help the car work. Comp Chassis did the work on my Mirada and it worked dang good for being limited to a 10" tire...... meanwhile, I drug home some more "parts" :)

Jay, What is that?

pile of parts I bought..... fresh with 11dyno pulls. The guy in Lake Havasu had two engines and a couple sets of heads and other parts he's been getting rid of since their race program went to a Cummins 4bt (dry lake bed racer). Same Coleman heads as the Duster engine. 9.0 deck, 4.200 bore, 3.25 stroke, 763hp at 8k. Price was right and the fact that a good deal of the parts on the top end are the same as what I already have I finally caved and picked it up. I think the dry sump pan with even work with the tube K in the car.... we'll see someday.

Well were back and ready to find a track..... To bad they're down for the winter. 2015 here we come :). Hope to find a place to run mid January. 2.5" lower in the rear which allowed another 1" in the front. Tin work done, drove it around the neighborhood, and checked the valve lash since we hadn't done it since the dyno pulls.

two piece floor to cover the CSR shield....

and some love for the door panels. I had intended on putting the stock ones back on, but my dad sold them not knowing I wanted them.... oh well!

Feb 14, 2015 open tnt

Feb 15, 2015 Bracket Race No. 1

Hope to find a TnT before that one.... I REALLY want to get this combo down a track. I'm using the carb off the iron head 360 which should choke the crap out of it, but should still run fairly strong.

-
Back