shots from the garage...

-
The 300 front springs seem to be the "go to" set up so now we play the numbers game. Car was favoring the right on launches so will try and work that out of it before Mopars at The Strip. The front is also sitting a little lower now so back to the alignment rack we'll go too. Camber is definately off.

just to see where things were at I weighed it "as is" without driver, and also with me in the seat....and yes, I need to drop about 10 myself!!

tonight I hopefully will zero out the preload on the ladder bars and start from scratch.... I'll have my phone fully charged because I'm going to need all the help I can get!! :)

I'll give you a shout this weekend Jesse..... but with my lack-O-hp the set up will be pretty different.

Out with the old.... in with more new. Installed the aluminum brackets from Jeff Lingenfelter and the new Unlimited Racing Products http://www.racingfiberglass.com/ fiberglass bumper I purchased back in November. Fit great and dropped 24.8 lb. Going to align the front again and borrowed some scales and moved some weight around.... we'll see where this get's us. next stop... MOPARS AT THE STRIP!

here's the numbers with driver:

Out with the old.... in with more new. Installed the aluminum brackets from John Lingenfelter and the new Unlimited Racing Products http://www.racingfiberglass.com/ fiberglass bumper I purchased back in November. Fit great and dropped 24.8 lb. Going to align the front again and borrowed some scales and moved some weight around.... we'll see where this get's us. next stop... MOPARS AT THE STRIP!

here's the numbers with driver:

Wow,those brackets look NIICCCEE! Didn't even know Lingenfelter did parts for Mopar. Enjoy the show.

I'm sure I'll be right there when that fatt azz W8 engine goes in! Absolutely NOTHING light about that build!

You will have to scale your car again after you change engines to see what the difference will be.

Well the lil 360 beater has been running great. Got a 10.909 out of it at 122.6 mph which is the best that lil engine has ever ran (4360DA in Vegas). Somehow I've stayed pretty high in points, but that all came to an end tonight. It's time to move forward....

Brian Smith whipped up this engine plate for me. I had some options, but this turned out really nice and I'm glad he hooked me up.

360 has been put back on the stand.... time to try and get this party started!

plenty of room around the rack....

well we pulled the W8 back out and threw the 360 back in to go racing one more time.... always one more time :). Went out first round two days in a row at a back to back points weekend.... enough of that. It's getting hot, time to change directions. Out came the 360, and back in went the project engine. Tuesday I hauled it up to REF Unlimted in Kingman AZ to get the huge task of headers behind me. Gregg is a master of what he does and in 8hrs I picked up the car. Now time to disassemble again and get it back to IMM for final assy and dyno time... getting closer!

not quite as easy as the 360 headers.... but still was able to remove them without moving or even unbolting the engine.

mild steel Jesse..... I perish the thought of what stainless would have run. It was a hard pill to swallow.... a set of headers that will fit a Duster w/t W8 in stock location with a Comp Chassis tube K set up.... that would be 1 of 1 :) This is all Gregg does. Put a deposit down so he can order specific materials, sets you up a day, and you drop the car off. I've never heard of anyone that took longer. It's been nice moving down here and having access to such talent that doesn't hold your car or engine hostage for six months. Same with Comp Chassis. Think Mike had the car two weeks and it was ready to go.

already to load up and head back for some finishing touches. I had ordered another Mezier waterpump early into this build, but hindsite being what it is, I soooo wish I would have installed their divorced water pump set up. Would have kept the front of the engine much cleaner. Big advantage is that with this one everything that was in place to run the 360, will adapt right up to this engine. I'll have two complete combos ready for an easy swap if need be without so much as cracking a gasket.

It's hotter n L here so the race program has taken a back seat to the boat program, but the trans has been removed and modded to fit it's new "approved" shield should I possibly run in the 9's....

....oh, and the W8 is slated to by dyno'ed next friday. :)

nothing like cutting the ears off the trans....

watch out.....the front transmission line is a PIA to tighten once the shield is on..

Had a discussion with Brian about this shield. On his 69 Dart he cut the body seam, beat on it....and still couldn't get the shield to fit. Ended up cutting the bell of his torqueflight and went with the JW Ultrabell. Truthfully..... more than likely a power glide based trans will end up in my car. I've talked with quite a few people that have "been there, done that" with the W8/W9 combo and t-flight. I'm not here to reinvent the wheel. :)

CRT?....or CSR ?

probably the same one...

All 3 cars got the CSR shield....if you have a modified k member with more room to jockey the engine around...no problem getting it in....

with stock K member..the shield hit the fire wall before the pan would clear the K member.....

Same shield..... just bought it from John. My K is all aftermarket, but the engine location is pretty close to stock. It WILL go in.... one way or another.

Great and interest'n stuff. I wish I had just one.......of your time, your money, or your skills. Hell, I'd been happy with the "beater" sub 11 SB LOL

-
Back