Speedmaster MidRise Air Intake Manifold

-
All this talk about Mopar guys being bigger tightwads than any other brand is laughable... Try talking to one of the old Studebaker guys LOL... I work with customers working on all brands nostalgic hot rods and the older they are the tighter they are because they remember when... These cars are expensive anyway you cut them. It's not just the intake manifold but it's the whole car? Have you seeing the prices of an old Nova? Remember they need rims and tires and all the rust repair and blah blah blah blah blah and it adds up! Yeah they can get some performance parts cheaper but in the long run we're restoring a car as you will pay big no matter what brand bringing back a 69 or 68 anyting is expensive as a whole...

EDELBROCK TODAY

Our Aluminum Foundries are located close by in San Jacinto.

Last edited:
Yes, and as much as people just love to brag about Edelbrock being "MADE IN USA", IMO that's become the issue. They are NOT any longer.

"Edelbrock USA
Edelbrock produces all of our cast items right here in the USA at our two state of the art foundries. You can be assured that when you are purchasing an edelbrock casting it is the best quality available."

...we are proud of our casting and manufacturing facilities - all of which are located right here, in the USA. Edelbrock's permanent mold and sand cast aluminum parts take shape in two of the most modern high-tech foundries in the Western United States.

The Edelbrock Foundries located in San Jacinto, California, prides itself on its quality and efficiency. The 185,000- sq/ft. complex is capable of producing over 3,000 castings a day.

With three automated molding lines, 26 core machines, a new state-of-the-art cold set core machine, and a self-contained sand handling system that is capable of processing 100 tons of sand per hour, the Edelbrock sand foundry produces some of the finest castings around."

well, the finest castings is debatable, as in how could that core shift leave the factory? Their cylinder heads are not sand cast any longer, they are permanent mold castings now.

There was a "how its made" where they followed an MP intake (cast by Edlebrock?) from scrap AL to finished product.

There are a video where Vic explains how he separates the good from the bad aluminum.

"Edelbrock USA
Edelbrock produces all of our cast items right here in the USA at our two state of the art foundries. You can be assured that when you are purchasing an edelbrock casting it is the best quality available."

...we are proud of our casting and manufacturing facilities - all of which are located right here, in the USA. Edelbrock's permanent mold and sand cast aluminum parts take shape in two of the most modern high-tech foundries in the Western United States.

The Edelbrock Foundries located in San Jacinto, California, prides itself on its quality and efficiency. The 185,000- sq/ft. complex is capable of producing over 3,000 castings a day.

With three automated molding lines, 26 core machines, a new state-of-the-art cold set core machine, and a self-contained sand handling system that is capable of processing 100 tons of sand per hour, the Edelbrock sand foundry produces some of the finest castings around."

well, the finest castings is debatable, as in how could that core shift leave the factory? Their cylinder heads are not sand cast any longer, they are permanent mold castings now.

There was a "how its made" where they followed an MP intake (cast by Edlebrock?) from scrap AL to finished product.

I don't believe a word of it.

Of course not. That and the TV “engine masters” is fudging numbers for please there sponsors so they get more free material to fudge more numbers.

I decided on an crosswind air gap manifold many years ago. I put it on and it ran like **** , possibly a vacuum leak in the valley area. I took it off after about a week trying to find out why and replaced it with a edelbrock RPM air gap and it ran great. I sold it to some smuck about five years later for one hundred bucks.

So you signed up for this forum to challenge me on that?... You literally have no idea what we're talking about..
That had absolutely nothing to do with my joining. Was just stating a fact. Do you always make coments about things you know nothing about?

That had absolutely nothing to do with my joining. Was just stating a fact. Do you always make coments about things you know nothing about?
Check this out newbie... This thread is about a Speedmaster mid-rise intake manifold read the title. Do you have one? I do...
Rusty and I go way back on this forum and we give each other s*** every so often and you would know that if you weren't new. He knows when he interjects Ford talk he's stirring the pot. but he's also aware that I have appreciation for all cars..
with that said I'm three-quarters of the way through a 63 Ford Fairlane 500 total rotisserie restoration and starting a 72 Ford highboy restoration currently. I help people restore their nostalgic vehicles for a living... Just two of many clients..
I have said talked about manifold that this thread is about. If you want to start another thread about Ford intakes I'll be glad to talk to you about them...
IMG_20201202_194641.jpg

First and foremost the Speedmaster mid-rise intake makes it terrible foot stool as it hurts the bottom of my heel...

Check this out newbie... This thread is about a Speedmaster mid-rise intake manifold read the title. Do you have one? I do...
Rusty and I go way back on this forum and we give each other s*** every so often and you would know that if you weren't new. He knows when he interjects Ford talk he's stirring the pot. but he's also aware that I have appreciation for all cars..
with that said I'm three-quarters of the way through a 63 Ford Fairlane 500 total rotisserie restoration and starting a 72 Ford highboy restoration currently. I help people restore their nostalgic vehicles for a living... Just two of many clients..
I have said talked about manifold that this thread is about. If you want to start another thread about Ford intakes I'll be glad to talk to you about them...
View attachment 1715644154
First and foremost the Speedmaster mid-rise intake makes it terrible foot stool as it hurts the bottom of my heel...
:rofl::rofl:

View attachment 1715644154

OG FABO has spoken. Ignore him.

He chases me all over the Forum disagreeing with everything I say lol so embarrassing for him...
Like a woman the more you ignore her the more she wants you...
Kind of gross...

He chases me all over the Forum disagreeing with everything I say lol so embarrassing for him...
Like a woman the more you ignore her the more she wants you...
Kind of gross...

6 months ago you guys were eating cheeseburgers together.

6 months ago you guys were eating cheeseburgers together.
I figured be a man forgive and forget every man needs a second chance..
Then lo and behold his true colors keep shining through... (Yellow)... LOL..
And like Forrest Gump says that's all I have to say about that..

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to donate this to my son's Power Wagon. He's been having heat soak problems.. I put a Factory 4 barrel intake on it but I think the heat crossover is causing problems. This manifold with blocked the heat crossover and provide the air gap for better cooling.
The problem is I got to take it all away to Colorado and put it on for him. Probably out in the parking lot of where he is a mechanic LOL... Then the question is do I bring my old cast-iron heads from the duster which have 202 valves and Crower Springs new k line valve guides and so forth. Then do I have Ken grind a cam to toss in while I'm there???.. also the very low price I'm paying for everything doing all the work and having him ignore the truck LOL...

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to donate this to my son's Power Wagon. He's been having heat soak problems.. I put a Factory 4 barrel intake on it but I think the heat crossover is causing problems. This manifold with blocked the heat crossover and provide the air gap for better cooling.
The problem is I got to take it all away to Colorado and put it on for him. Probably out in the parking lot of where he is a mechanic LOL... Then the question is do I bring my old cast-iron heads from the duster which have 202 valves and Crower Springs new k line valve guides and so forth. Then do I have Ken grind a cam to toss in while I'm there???.. also the very low price I'm paying for everything doing all the work and having him ignore the truck LOL...
What about a heat shield/gasket for the carb?

Yes, and ALL of the early pre-Holley owned Weiand stuff was total badassary too.
i had a holley street dominator in the late 70's that i had to send back core shift and porous as hell , other than that great intake for a 318

What about a heat shield/gasket for the carb?
We've already discussed it or I told him that's an option to try, but it's winter and not happening as much so being the procrastinater he is he will wait till it really gets him in a jam.. I love my son he so predictable...lol.. great father and hard worker, just a mechanic so he doesn't like working on cars/trucks off work..

Having just reading this thread had to open up the box my manifold came in, which I purchased during the black Sunday sales. Looks good seems to fit well during a dry test fit, don’t relish the plugs used to cover up the bolt holes. The casting shift seems to be a minimal no worst then the engine it sits on.

But I am in a split here, to use this manifold or the Edelbrock Streetmaster or even my cast iron manifold I took off my 70 340. Stock heads, with some porting done, with a Mellings SPD22 cam and lifter kit. A stock 1972 318 block 30 over bore, like to stay in the 1200 to 5000 range for my power needs. Out of the three manifolds which one would be best for my build?

IMG_4132.JPG

IMG_4133.JPG

-
Back