Stock Market

-
Josh Brown is snarky, sarcastic and awesome. His cheeseburger, shake shack jokes are spot on.

If you are in love with BA and have to own it, sell close to the money covered calls on it. If it gets called away, you make $. If it stays flattish, you make $. if it Drops, you reduced your basis via call premium.

BA has a trendline from April 2020 through the two lows in 2022 that it is coming into now around 147 range. Might be a decent place to find a technical bounce.

This is a candlestick chart of NDAQ, the actual brokerage that charges for each transaction, billions of trades a day.
The red and green lines are "exponential moving averages" at different speeds.
When the lines cross, is an indicator, or trigger to get in or out of the stock.
"D" is dividend payment .
Lines up from the bottom is the volume/# of shares traded that day.

View attachment 1716306552

You do a MACD without the MACD on the chart... :thumbsup:

I have one I call the Braindead. 5 minute chart, hull 14, 14 WMA, look for crosses and slope to confirm direction.

I was having a converstation with a friend about one of the youtubers that has a bazillion things he looks at. Paralysis by analysis. some say long, some say short some say flat...

Simplify is a really good approach

I was having a converstation with a friend about one of the youtubers that has a bazillion things he looks at. Paralysis by analysis. some say long, some say short some say flat...

Simplify is a really good approach

Where I learned brought in Fibonacci guests, chartist to read candlestick formations,lol, psychologists to control emotions,
Options traders, fun stuff covered it all.
It's sharpshooter stuff now, rules changing to tighten spread to 0.5¢
What the logarithms give, spreads take away.
When I started, spread was 3/16¢, 25¢ times a thousand shares was easy.
Dollar wasn't decimal, was sixteenths.
Certainly a lotta opinions.

I trade a lot with Fibs.

The dreaded 1/16th quotes. ugh Emotions and respecting stops is a huge EGO barrier.

I remember when options expiration was a royal screw job for retail. If you had an option and it wasn't at least .25 or more in the money, it wouldn't get auto-executed. LOL... The brokers/MM's were stealing that from clients. At least now if it's .01, they execute it.

So much easier to trade now than in the 90's. $20 each way for a stock transaction back then, and that was at discount brokers. oof...

Last edited:
I trade a lot with Fibs.

The dreaded 1/16th quotes. ugh Emotions and respecting stops is a huge EGO barrier.

I remember when options expiration was a royal screw job for retail. If you had an option and it wasn't at least .25 or more in the money, it wouldn't get auto-executed. LOL... The brokers/MM's were stealing that from clients. At least now if it's .01, they execute it.

So much easier to trade now than in the 90's. $20 each way for a stock transaction back then, and that was at discount brokers. oof...

Yeah, and a cell phone, - crap, truck knocked down phone line, no cells, running to corner store to phone broker , lol

End of day settlement found I had bought 1000 share of something I had been watching, but never bought, - turns out my daughter saw our cat walk over the keyboard, I had "hot keys" touch 2 keys simultaneously to buy/sell.
Cat bought shares,
No animal was injured .
Funny now, expensive then . . lol

-
Back