Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Based on those reviews I would NOT buy them
Me too.
But figured Tim needs to save $ where he can, if it makes sense. So for him it might be worth digging deeper. Those two reviews could be 'cause the owners hit curbs or similar. Worst case they're not real buyers and just made something up (ie competitor with no scruples)

here's another set of reviews
Achilles Desert Hawk UHP review and test rating @ Tiretest.com
Not so great either but maybe fine for easy Calf. driving to get groceries???

Early wear out is very subjective and often due to vehicle/ driver. Busted belts and bulges - not good at all
IME separation of belts comes from improper rotation, being switched from side to side making them roll backwards. Tire settle into a direction, then you swap them to the other side, cord separation will soon follow...IMO

IME separation of belts comes from improper rotation, being switched from side to side making them roll backwards. Tire settle into a direction, then you swap them to the other side, cord separation will soon follow...IMO
IIRC that was what the mfc said when radials were still a fairly new item.

I will pass and bite the bullet. The thing is, it seems no matter how much you pay for tires, they all last and drive the same.

I will pass and bite the bullet. The thing is, it seems no matter how much you pay for tires, they all last and drive the same.
I expect any 'ultra high performance tire" to have a somewhat soft compound, not last as long, and have less spaces in the tread for standing water, and forget snow or mud. Appreciated most by an umm... enthusiastic driver. lol.

I used to buy used tires. Definately not the best for anything, but was cheap and convenient at the time.
Now I'm generally looking for best traction for the uses intended. Not putting a lot of miles on - so its totally worth it to me. Everyone is different.

I used to buy used tires. Definately not the best for anything, but was cheap and convenient at the time.
Now I'm generally looking for best traction for the uses intended. Not putting a lot of miles on - so its totally worth it to me. Everyone is different.
A set of 1400 dollar tires lasted 36K miles. Might get another 8 to 10 if I go down to the bone....Bad thing is the truck and the edge both need tires. 10 expensive tires.

I don't rotate mine regularly , but sooner or later they have been done and swapped sides. Have never had that problem.

I don't rotate mine regularly , but sooner or later they have been done and swapped sides. Have never had that problem.
They dont always do that but every time I have seen it is after a rotation....

I think that is why they started making directional tires... can only be rolled one way...tread as well, but I also think that part is some of the scam....

A set of 1400 dollar tires lasted 36K miles. Might get another 8 to 10 if I go down to the bone....Bad thing is the truck and the edge both need tires. 10 expensive tires.
Ouch. why 10? I just did the Magnum with Firestone Destination LE2's. Did 2 at a time as I had the cash. Total for 4 225 60 r18 was near $650.

Ouch. why 10? I just did the Magnum with Firestone Destination LE2's. Did 2 at a time as I had the cash. Total for 4 225 60 r18 was near $650.
6 on the truck and 4 on the edge. One of the bad things about a duel y, 2 extra tires to purchase.

Got an 07 Focus in here for an oil change, and check over. Ha....Needs a right front axle, grease all gone from outer joint, boot missing.... Needs front brakes...... ECM code PO128, needs thermostat, buried under intake manifold....... Guess I'll be busy the rest of the day.......:thumbsup:

Got an 07 Focus in here for an oil change, and check over. Ha....Needs a right front axle, grease all gone from outer joint, boot missing.... Needs front brakes...... ECM code PO128, needs thermostat, buried under intake manifold....... Guess I'll be busy the rest of the day.......:thumbsup:
Ford= Fix Or Repair Daily
Good job security.

-
Back