Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think thats blown out of proportion by the crybabies.
If someone posts in the Restoration forum, then that's what its all about; preserving something, or making it exactly the way it was, or just learning about the way it was.
Here we get more of the opposite, a few members who are convinced the engineers and techs were a bunch of dummies and anything the factory did was stupid, outdated or cheap.
It takes all sorts...
LOL
yes yes it does. I just appreciate them all, the factory 100 percent cars and the full on custom builds.

Got the stove burning. Wasn't ice cold yet, so starts easier Still had a few hot ashes. Hey, I said hot ashes not...

45845D38-2459-4135-A993-1CD8BFB6577F.jpeg

Everyone have a good day, stay warm and drive safe .. memike is out of here !!

looks like fresh bushings,etc. If it's a plug and play, Good bit of work you don't have to do. So maybe.

It also looks like the lower control arms were reinforced on the bottom with a weld on plate...

It also looks like the lower control arms were reinforced on the bottom with a weld on plate...
Yep, looks like the ones US car tool sells. Don't know if they are original tabs. More likely came with bar and added. But really doesn't matter. Not original anymore with plates on them.

Actually I lost interest. But I am too nice to mark your post post with a X
LOL
It totally depends on the person and the room under the hood. I tend to remove anything I can break. I honestly don't remember if I had the distributor in the last time I removed the intake. My guess is I removed it. If someone is paranoid about resetting timing then leave it. Its just stupid to argue about.

If you torque the intake bolts with a torque wrench, then the distributor needs to be removed so the socket and extension will clear it...

Last edited:
Why do you

If you torque the intake bolts with a torque wrench, then the distributor needs to be removed so the socket and extension will clear it...
Torque intake bolts? Are you kidding?

The boss at work called us in individually yesterday and gave us a gift for showing up the last two days...

a choice of a camouflage hat with the company name on it... I have too many hats that I don't wear already....

Two sleeves of golf balls with the company name on it... I haven't golfed in 13 years now...

Or a Yeti Cup with the company 70 the anniversary name... Now I have two of them that I don't use...

Last edited:
Why do you

Just tuck away in your head who doesn't bother with torque wrenches.
I don't argue with folks like that. I just don't let them work on my car.
I'm not saying I always use one, but for stuff like that I prefer to.
The difficult ones are the center bolts.

Just tuck away in your head who doesn't bother with torque wrenches.
I don't argue with folks like that. I just don't let them work on my car.
I'm not saying I always use one, but for stuff like that I prefer to.
The difficult ones are the center bolts.
Piece of cake
Box End Torque Adapter.jpg

-
Back