Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey Mike...
Looking at a couple Iowa car shows later this summer.
One was in Red Oak, most are west side of the state.
I know your more towards the east side.

Hey Mike...
Looking at a couple Iowa car shows later this summer.
One was in Red Oak, most are west side of the state.
I know your more towards the east side.
Let me poke around

Good morning c\_/. Read something that scrambled my brains first thing this morning.... ""Rock Auto showed 3 of these parts remaining in stock so I bought all of them.""
Maybe it will make more sense after I've had more coffee.

We have an older lady here in town. She has a very small house on a dead end street.
A little redneck has a bedroom in the house set up as her shop and does nothing but rebuild old alternators.
Sounds like she locks him in a room to rebuild alternators. Isn't that illegal? :lol::poke:

We have an older lady here in town. She has a very small house on a dead end street.
A little redneck has a bedroom in the house set up as her shop and does nothing but rebuild old alternators.
Might be a good resource if you ever need.
Brushes are easy.
But if a diode or the stator needs replacing on a roundback, some solder work is needed. A guy with experience would be good.

Honestly, I don't recall the factory alternator on my parents '69 Belvidere ever being replaced. That car wasn't junked until around '87. And never had a problem with the one in my '75 valiant - had that car about 6 years. But I've been through a bunch of rebuilt ones. Coincidence, luck, IDK ? Makes me suspicious though!

Morning all, coffee going down, 65 here today, last good day as we have rain and snow for Friday.

Good morning c\_/. Read something that scrambled my brains first thing this morning.... ""Rock Auto showed 3 of these parts remaining in stock so I bought all of them.""
Finished my cup and it doesn't make sense to me. LOL.

Let me poke around
I think last summer you posted a site that had all the car shows listed for Iowa, Nebraska, and maybe Missouri...or something like that.
I had it saved but lost it when the computer had a sudden stop.

I think last summer you posted a site that had all the car shows listed for Iowa, Nebraska, and maybe Missouri...or something like that.
I had it saved but lost it when the computer had a sudden stop.
That would be Ricks List. Home

We have a similar one man transmission shop nearby. Trans comes in at left side of door, circles 3 approx' 30 feet walls of workbench l_l, and ready to go when it gets to right side of door.
he does have hoist and monorail overhead for the heavy lifting but makes a good living without a lift or doing the R&R.

We have a similar one man transmission shop nearby. Trans comes in at left side of door, circles 3 approx' 30 feet walls of workbench l_l, and ready to go when it gets to right side of door.
he does have hoist and monorail overhead for the heavy lifting but makes a good living without a lift or doing the R&R.
Smart guy. Nice part time paper route. LOL

Great money maker for a retired tranny guy. Dabble at rebuilding one transmission a week for a few hundred bucks in your pocket.

I found a small local transmission shop when I did the Duster. Owner and one helper. Extremely helpful like I was an old time/best customer -first time I walked in the door. Had a cool rig he made that he changed my friction plates on. 'Coached' me on a few things. Unfortunately he seems to have closed/retired? I need to ask the guy that referred me to him what happened...
Good Morning

Scrambled brains. Mmmm. :eek: My bad. I was thinking of eggs. lol
??? where's this? what parts?

Great money maker for a retired tranny guy. Dabble at rebuilding one transmission a week for a few hundred bucks in your pocket.
Oh this guy didn't retire. He left a Amaco trans shop several years ago to open his own shop. He stays covered up too. On any given day there could be 2 units laying outside the door on left, 2 in process, and 1 laying outside on right.
Actually... He's right across the street from a state highway department and I was there back in July. I noticed that he had a helper.

Morning Men.
Tim!
tenor.gif

Scrambled brains. Mmmm. :eek: My bad. I was thinking of eggs. lol
??? where's this? what parts?
Straight out of bed, I was careful to not point a finger and generate static. There may be some logic that I'm not aware of... 3 cars? I considered that after a whole pot of coffee LOL

-
Back