Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I am fabricating and installing an rolling electric gate. It uses a v shaped track bolted to the cement drive. And two V shaped wheels. BUT the V shaped track bolts, in the pre drilled holes, wont work because the wheels hit the damn things!! Have to drill new holes on all the track. AFTER drilling I drilled dozens of 3/8 holes in the cement for anchors, that came with the track. Now I have to drill new holes in the drive again.
Been there... When I worked for textile mill they decided to replace a huge section of wooden floor with suspended concrete for Japanese water jet looms. Before the concrete was poured, we made a template and tied the rebar away for the 8 of 1" dia. holes ( I forget how deep ) where each loom would bolt down. Before these 96 looms arrived the company decided to also buy cast aluminum jack blocks to raise them 4 inches, get a larger beam under them. Yep, these jack blocks repositioned every hole. Start over. Only a water cooled core drill that sucked itself to the concrete and cut through rebar would get it done.

man, I think i completely screwed up. Wife wanted me to get a trailer load of dirt and level out the dog pen. So I did, wheelbarrow load by wheelbarrow load last night, 5500 pounds... of wet clay

man, I think i completely screwed up. Wife wanted me to get a trailer load of dirt and level out the dog pen. So I did, wheelbarrow load by wheelbarrow load last night, 5500 pounds... of wet clay
Up here you wouldnt be able to shovel wet clay. Its tough to dig.
5500 lbs. too much work....

Up here you wouldnt be able to shovel wet clay. Its tough to dig.
5500 lbs. too much work....
Get about 1.5 ft down and I have almost pure clay. You CAN shovel it, but....no thanks. Certainly would not want it to top anything off. Hard a rock when dry, but when wet it is a slippery mess. I have dug holes for fencing and larger trees. Literally a clay pot at bottom.

-
Back