Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just playing around with this one...

5C0A77C0-230E-44B1-B080-6C5ED9A2B4CA.jpeg

Swapped the drivers side disk on the G?Waggoneer. What a PIA. Would have been easier if I didn't have to go up a ladder to get to the hydraulic press. Had to install two at a time and then go back and check each one was fully sunk.
upload_2019-3-28_19-18-23.png

I didn't bother remove the old grease from the hub and doing thorough cleaning and repacking. No parts washer anymore across the way from my garage. :( The old grease seemed pretty good.
The Centric high carbon rotors are nicely machined and all that. Guess that's as good as one can ask for these days - especially when they're made in Ch**a.
upload_2019-3-28_19-20-34.png

At least you have a press. Much more fun than a BFH and a punch!
The landlords actually... LOL

I started them with a punch and hammer. Might have been easier to do the who le thing that way. LOL pretty sure thats what I did the times previously with the Kelsey Hayes.

Last edited:
The landlords actually... LOL

I deated the,m with a punch and hammer. Might have been easier to do the who thing that way. LOL pretty sure thats what I did the times previously with the Kelsey Hayes.
I did 10 of them on the rear of my tool truck a few summers ago. BFH time.

I did 10 of them on the rear of my tool truck a few summers ago. BFH time.
Yep. First thing I ever did on a vehicle by myself, I was 14. Had to knock out 32 of them SOBs with a claw hammer and drive them back in on the new drums and rotors on my 78. PITA!

Well maybe that's what I'll do on the right side, at least on the install where I can't hurt the threads.

While I was at the garage, here's the stuff I found pretty effective in disolving super hard crusty grease. Eastwood branded product.
Claims it doesn't have chlorides. Will have to see if MSDS is on-line. Can is from 2000 so it may not be the same stuff they sell today.

upload_2019-3-28_19-46-28.png
upload_2019-3-28_19-48-22.png

upload_2019-3-28_19-47-44.png

Man, the sickness has been going around this part of the country. I've been feeling icky for the past day, daughter stayed home yesterday and the wife is coming down with something. Not to mention everyone at work being sick. Hoping this passes soon, its getting nice out.

-
Back