Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Almost done the chevy truck cab. They seem to be happy so far. A few bolts to free up/fix and clean up some welds and we done.

Looks like I am first? Took the day off to thrash on the Demon as I need to burn some PTO. My brain woke up thinking about all I had to do today and I could not shut it off and go back to sleep. Might as well head to the shop take some measurements and cut out the other inner fender. Happy Thursday, me and the hound are heading to the shop.

HTT ALL!

04e5188440a90f6485270e51df98cd61888634-wm.png

58861542.jpg

upload_2019-3-28_6-18-35.jpeg

This for sure is interesting. I’m not sure what the rest of the specss are but it is cool to see

Morning.
Must have been tired. I slept all night. Didnt move.
Not very often that happens.

A few things to finish the jetta, another one done.

Good Morning!!
Heading out this morning to get those new tires on the truck.

Taking a break, already got the driver side inner cut out. Starting to fabricate cowl support. Gotta have a place for the inner to land on. Bowl of granola and a spot of green tea and I am ready to go again.
Might get the Cuda trunk pan welded in today. Needs a bit more trimming. I was down hard yesterday and did not do anything. Have some distribs to do fast then maybe???

Morning Guys. New Rotors on the Grand?Waggy today.
Frost this morning but all the plants I put in yesterday seemed to be OK. :)

Hey opening day for baseball...finally something to watch on tv at night!!

@Rainy Day Auto
Did you see the thread I started about alternator guts?
Take a look. What Jaws posted about grounding one of the field terminals will make more sense when you see the innards.
You can see what the field terminals connect to in this post: Alternator repair, a little show and tell.
In the one below you can see where the brushes come through.
upload_2019-3-20_21-50-52-png.png

(ignore the yellow arrow, that's the output stud)
The two copper rings on the rotor is what they contact.
upload_2019-3-18_0-30-28-png.png

When electricty flows through the rotor windings, it creates a magnetic field. That's why they are called field terminals.

Last edited:
We have an older lady here in town. She has a very small house on a dead end street.
A little redneck has a bedroom in the house set up as her shop and does nothing but rebuild old alternators.

-
Back