Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I haven't been on much during the week as my work and sleep schedule get to be a little much and too much back reading for me to catch up on...

But have noticed I haven't seen him since I've been able to get on in the last day...

Hey @memike are you ok and where are you????
He’s been on bookface today

It was a nice evening so I had the garage door open and started doing a little of the Spring detailing on the SRT. I did nearly nothing to it last year so it was a good time to get started for this year. I did a little initial work on the B pillar covers. Before and after...

View attachment 1715311455

View attachment 1715311456
Nice. Man that dude with this rims started messaging me early this am lol

Nice. Man that dude with this rims started messaging me early this am lol
Figures. I kinda thought he was desperate so I let him sit for a day. I will call him tomorrow and see what the deal is. Not looking to lowball him, just I won’t be rushed to drive 4 hours unless I know it’s actually worth it.

Wheel nuts. Thats the king of misunderstood fasteners.
I keep finding anti-sieze and grease on wheel studs. Dry torque.
They don't rust that way. :D
Should probably talk about them, but I'm too tired to start that over there..
Chrysler spec'd the torque on their 7/16-20 wheel nuts at 55 ft-lbs.
AMC spec't the torque on their 7/16-20 wheel nuts at 75 ft-lbs.
Can't recall what GM spec'd their, think it was also around 70 - 75.

Figures. I kinda thought he was desperate so I let him sit for a day. I will call him tomorrow and see what the deal is. Not looking to lowball him, just I won’t be rushed to drive 4 hours unless I know it’s actually worth it.
Get enough info on the condition?

Anyone have insight to the brown staining on a steel spindle?
Its smooth.
upload_2019-3-29_20-56-21.png

Have you tried to see if brake cleaner will remove it???

That outer ring around it looks rough and has seen better days... Is that rusted metal or cracked dry rubber????
Got em. Thanks Karl. I found another duplicate while I was there.

So, are you driving there now to get them? :poke:
Not interested
yeah, I bet you could offer 75 bucks and he’d likely take it

Where tre yellow arrows are pointing. Smoooth baby. Real smooth.
I did not hit that up with brake cleaner.
My only thought was something contaminated in the grease. But would have thought moisture or if the oils turned acidic it would be eaten away and rough.
upload_2019-3-29_21-12-17.png

Thats where the inner bearing sits.

Anyone have insight to the brown staining on a steel spindle?
Its smooth.
View attachment 1715311504
I’ve seen it from time to time, my grandfather who built bearings for a living, told me once it was from the grease breaking down thermally over time and soaking into the pores of the metal. I’ve always used brake clean and wiped it off

Heat and pressure,burned grease.
Not crispy burned grease but really hot grease.

Where the heck is memike. MIA or what? @memike
Still here, just on my phone , lower back and helped my little brother , he lives way out in the sticks of Raven Den Srings Arkansas.. he is my last brother and he needed supplies and help fixing his mower and compressor. memikie has been busy , thanks for checking :thumbsup:

I haven't been on much during the week as my work and sleep schedule get to be a little much and too much back reading for me to catch up on...

But have noticed I haven't seen him since I've been able to get on in the last day...

Hey @memike are you ok and where are you????
:thumbsup:

He was on this afternoon.
For just a few min..

He’s been on bookface today
?? what is your name on face book ? and good morning everyone

Just you, me, and Karl...how's the back feeling Frank??

Just you, me, and Karl...how's the back feeling Frank??
My back is fine, its the wife’s that is sore after her fall yesterday.
She worked until lunch and came home. She does this every spring i think. Damn fashionable shoes. If the ground is white, assume its slippery...

Hey Guys. Sun is about to come up.
First autocross of the season next weekend. :)
Time to start working on the winter projects so it will be ready.
upload_2019-3-30_6-44-7.png

-
Back