Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I’ve been working on some more night lit images. Just finished this one and almost done with another.

9D3E4CD4-5DC3-4C46-ACD2-33873A93E748.jpeg

Sounds good if it doesn't lose its strength. Where's our concrete expert?... @Unconventional

Hi y'all. Long weekend in Phx is completed. Granbrats are cute as can be. Brats are doing well, had their marriage blessed in the church Saturday evening :D. Glad I made the trip for it.

Concrete and air. In the applications I used air, it increases workability at a lower cement/water ratio. Lower ratio = Higher strength to some extent. The air also adds a minute amount of flexibility to the concrete. The voids should indeed increase any insulating properties. 3-4% air was the consistency we used mostly. I'm not sure if that 3-4% would directly change the placed volume by exact %age. Think of most any poured in place concrete bridge as "concrete re-enforced" steel, not the opposite. For a spooky feeling stand on a concrete bridge while a few motor vehicles roll over it :D You'll feel it wiggle around under your feet :rolleyes:. As far as cure time goes, keeping it hydrated for 28 days gives maximum strength. No telling what chemicals they have enlisted in the search for the perfect concrete since I stopped messin' with it 20 years ago. I do believe that probably half of the concrete failures that occur are the result of those admixtures. That airport bridge collapse in Florida a couple of years ago is a good example. Too many chemicals and to make matters worse they stripped the false work before it was out of cure. They did so because they used accelerators and had it in their tiny minds it was done curing.

Before I forget, I saw something new to me on the LA freeways. Brand new 2019 Yota MR2. What caught my attention was the paper advertisement in the license plate frame "H2O Only" it said. On the rear deck lid where they usually put emblems and such it said "Fuel Cell" :eek:. I knew that technology was coming, but didn't know it was coming this soon. Chandler Az. is just loaded with Waymo autonomous cars/taxis. Can't go 2 blocks without seeing one :steering:.

Henrys. Obviously late model. Newer cars and Henry's hamburgers were like 15 cents. LOL

henry's.jpg

Is there a limit to times you can retake it? Think of this one as a practice. If she passes- great. If not, she will know exactly hat to expect next time.
Exactly! Thats what I told her, but stubborn teen doesnt want to listen and only wants to argue. She can take it as many times as she wants, but getting the apt is the hard part. She technically has to wait 1 week, if she fails more than twice then it costs $20 each time after.

We just went out and practiced her backing up and parallel parking, and she did pretty good. Her main thing is forgetting to signal, sometimes.

This is the carb off my riding mower. 20hp Koehler. Waldro WHG carb. Can anyone tell me what the little can with the wire is? Assuming solenoid, but for what. air gets a ground wire on the top terminal. Aftermarket replacements don't have it. Not shown in any parts diagrams I have found...

947CAB87-680A-415C-9F28-6D0BD04D1C7A.jpeg

This is the carb off my riding mower. 20hp Koehler. Waldro WHG carb. Can anyone tell me what the little can with the wire is? Assuming solenoid, but for what. air gets a ground wire on the top terminal. Aftermarket replacements don't have it. Not shown in any parts diagrams I have found...

View attachment 1715313429
Probably an automatic fuel cutoff. Just a guess.

OK, so I determined that it is actually in the bowl vent passage. Apparently it opens when mower is shut off.

-
Back