Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well when you push the clutch in and the sound goes away, seems to me the sound is coming from the trans gears turning

Morning kids. We got a dusting of snow last night. I was raking leaves off the flower beds at 8 pm yesterday. :wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::lol:

20190323_143630.jpg

Good morning c\_/.
Related to earlier posts here, Just from my experience, A bearing noise that starts when the clutch pedal is pushed.. release/throw out bearing. A bearing noise that stops when the clutch pedal is pushed... The front bearing in the trans. Check the pilot bearing or bushing in the crank too.

Good morning c\_/.
Related to earlier posts here, Just from my experience, A bearing noise that starts when the clutch pedal is pushed.. release/throw out bearing. A bearing noise that stops when the clutch pedal is pushed... The front bearing in the trans. Check the pilot bearing or bushing in the crank too.
Morning. Ya I have a noisy front bearing. Noisy in neutral and the throw out isn't even turning. Does the counter shaft turn too? I would have to study up on my theory. LOL

Morning. Ya I have a noisy front bearing. Noisy in neutral and the throw out isn't even turning. Does the counter shaft turn too? I would have to study up on my theory. LOL
Owners would come in for clutch R&R and not mention the bearing noise. Drive it into the bay and go back to the service writer, "He's got more wrong than clutch alone". I would just go to break room, hide somewhere, while the service writer walked the owner out to listen to his noise and explain what it is and the added cost. Thank God for service writers.

Owners would come in for clutch R&R and not mention the bearing noise. Drive it into the bay and go back to the service writer, "He's got more wrong than clutch alone". I would just go to break room, hide somewhere, while the service writer walked the owner out to listen to his noise and explain what it is and the added cost. Thank God for service writers.
I was a service wrighter for GMC dealer, loved that job and the babes that showed up for a service, I am a people person with a smile :lol:

Regarding SSI bear in mind the fedril gummit is like Wendell P Wimpy who would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today, then when Tuesdee comes he's nowhere to be found. And they can keep you working a little longer, a liiiiittle longer, a liiiiittttttle bit longer, to get a little more, 'til they carry you out in a box. SSI whitewashers claim the fund is solvent with trillions in treasury bills backing it up, but there's nothing there; a T-bill is just an IOU from the gummint to the taxpayers, payable by the taxpayers - an IOU from U to U. Realistic prediction: Payout will diminish by 13 to 30% by 2030. So you could wait longer to get a little higher percentage of a lot less money. It's a Ponzi scheme and the pyramid's base is rotting away.
On an unrelated note: Who counts their trees?

I washed dishes at Dog'N'Suds. Then I got promoted to cook. I knew I'd made it when they let me make coleslaw.
dogn.jpg

I was a service wrighter for GMC dealer, loved that job and the babes that showed up for a service, I am a people person with a smile :lol:
I'm pretty much the opposite. I call customers human beans. Told service writers, You deal with the beans, I'll deal with their cans.

I used to be that guy. 13 years at a GM dealer.

Morning all. definitely was Tired I never sleep in this late. rough day yesterday on the Cuda.

Not sure when they went to that format for phone numbers. That number is actually for that place now.
Area codes existed but businesses didn't post 'em like that because we didn't need them for local calls. IIRC it was mid 80s when NJ Bell made dialing 1- area code a requirement for local calls for 201. Bell of PA was prob different. When was 610 implemented?

-
Back