Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OK, so I determined that it is actually in the bowl vent passage. Apparently it opens when mower is shut off.
Anti-run on. Some engines would backfire when hot engines are shut off. Perhaps adding air to idle circuit prevents that.
Many small engines use a fuel solenoid,i guess to prevent leaks after engine is off. But they fail.
Side cutter fixes that.

Well, at least its not cold.
Real cold that is.
Busy day today, finish front end on the dodge then same thing with a toyota.

Had some decent melting yesterday, next couple days aren great. Should get better by the weekend. Just wish things would dry up some.

Sunny weather and 65 today her in northeast Arkansas, lower back is feeling much better this morning :thumbsup:

Sunny weather and 65 today her in northeast Arkansas, lower back is feeling much better this morning :thumbsup:
Yep I take care of my Dads place from afar and I had my boys mow and pick up debris yesterday. He just physically can't do it anymore. He got all pissy because I was paying a service to do it so at X Mas I gave him a hand drawn card entitling him to a one year lawn mowing. It soothed his pride that way. We still got lots of snow.

Yep I take care of my Dads place from afar and I had my boys mow and pick up debris yesterday. He just physically can't do it anymore. He got all pissy because I was paying a service to do it so at X Mas I gave him a hand drawn card entitling him to a one year lawn mowing. It soothed his pride that way. We still got lots of snow.
That is what I did yesterday, limbs that fell in the last few months, I still need to burn them, beer got in the way along with a couple friends to finished, I do understand how your dad feels, but I would love to have a yard service one time a year :thumbsup:

Ok give me your opinion.
Took my buddy for a ride in the Barracuda last week. Just around the block a couple times working listening to the timing.
He felt the car had a bit of a growl and thought a bearing was bad.
Last year my buddy the wrench thought the same thing.
Had my MOPAR buddy, smart like you guys, built and torn apart these cars build them ground up type guy.
He went for a ride and said its just a big block MOPAR.
Does have a growl, does go away when you push in the clutch.
It drives fine, turns fine, shifts fine, no uneven tire wear.
Any concerns??

That is what I did yesterday, limbs that fell in the last few months, I still need to burn them, beer got in the way along with a couple friends to finished, I do understand how your dad feels, but I would love to have a yard service one time a year :thumbsup:
I usually treat myself to a hired spring cleanup.
My usual guy is slowing down and didn't have time for me, had to take care of his full-time customers.
Ok I cleaned up and trimmed all the shrubs and flower beds.
I was going to bring in the mulch but decided screw that and hired another guy do that.
Loading, unloading, and hauling 30-40 bags of mulch around the yard just didn't appeal to me.

Ok give me your opinion.
Took my buddy for a ride in the Barracuda last week. Just around the block a couple times working listening to the timing.
He felt the car had a bit of a growl and thought a bearing was bad.
Last year my buddy the wrench thought the same thing.
Had my MOPAR buddy, smart like you guys, built and torn apart these cars build them ground up type guy.
He went for a ride and said its just a big block MOPAR.
Does have a growl, does go away when you push in the clutch.
It drives fine, turns fine, shifts fine, no uneven tire wear.
Any concerns??
That's the four speed gears you all are hearing, my 340 four speed sounded the same way

I usually treat myself to a hired spring cleanup.
My usual guy is slowing down and didn't have time for me, had to take care of his full-time customers.
Ok I cleaned up and trimmed all the shrubs and flower beds.
I was going to bring in the mulch but decided screw that and hired another guy do that.
Loading, unloading, and hauling 30-40 bags of mulch around the yard just didn't appeal to me.

300 oak trees on my property here 3 acres

spring%2008%20057.jpg

A growl? Someting you feel or hear?
Like a vibration of sorts?
The noises all have a resonance, like someting at wheel speed,driveline speed or engine rpm. My helicopter buddy shared something interesting,put your head against the side window, or doorpost. Any vibration transmitted into the body is easier to identify by determining how it resonates. It will at least help you determine where its originating.
There is a tool called chassis ear, a set of pickups or microphones and can be switched on/off and fed into headphones. A handy tool.

Great pic!!
Thank you, I live out in the sticks where I belong :lol:

The noises all have a resonance, like someting at wheel speed,driveline speed or engine rpm. My helicopter buddy shared something interesting,put your head against the side window, or doorpost. Any vibration transmitted into the body is easier to identify by determining how it resonates. It will at least help you determine where its originating.
There is a tool called chassis ear, a set of pickups or microphones and can be switched on/off and fed into headphones. A handy tool.
I have used them before to find air leaks in new cars , drive down the road while a tec goes all over the car searching for the air leak/noise :thumbsup:

No vibration that I feel. He just heard it.
Like I said push in the clutch and it goes away. Its not loud or annoying and doesn't affect the performance.

-
Back