Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My little sister had her degree in Engineering from Cal Poly Pomona. While she was on summer break she was a summer hire for the USMC Supply Center in Barstow. Her job, translate "Engineer" into "USMC" so the Marines that had to work on their equipment had usable knowledge translated from the manufacture service manuals.

My little sister had her degree in Engineering from Cal Poly Pomona. While she was on summer break she was a summer hire for the USMC Supply Center in Barstow. Her job, translate "Engineer" into "USMC" so the Marines that had to work on their equipment had usable knowledge translated from the manufacture service manuals.
Did she use crayons? That is the only way we understand anything. If we could just keep the privates from eating them!

IMG_2103.JPG
Dog wants to play cat just wants to live!

So a work buddy asks if he can do some work on his truck in my shop. You guys know the drill, use my tools, lift etc. he is a good guy so I say sure. I will get some Crown out of the deal. Now the rest of the story.... Box's start piling up that I know are not mine today. WTF? I get a text from him, he has drop shipped it to me so that his wife does not catch on to the fact he is spending a couple grand on mods to his truck. I can't imagine needing to go to that length to hide something from my wife. She has never gave me any real static over that black hole we call Mopar! She just shrugs and next time we are in town points out something shiny she likes! Hah!

So a work buddy asks if he can do some work on his truck in my shop. You guys know the drill, use my tools, lift etc. he is a good guy so I say sure. I will get some Crown out of the deal. Now the rest of the story.... Box's start piling up that I know are not mine today. WTF? I get a text from him, he has drop shipped it to me so that his wife does not catch on to the fact he is spending a couple grand on mods to his truck. I can't imagine needing to go to that length to hide something from my wife. She has never gave me any real static over that black hole we call Mopar! She just shrugs and next time we are in town points out something shiny she likes! Hah!
My wife encourages me.
Now if i could get her to grab a sanding block....

More enginerding...
E8A7936A-9312-4B43-AE32-C02FAC322778.jpeg
this,my friends is a thermostat housing. Located on back side of engine almost under the exhaust manifold. :wtf:

I been happy all day. Broke,but happy. Next week i will get paid for a whole whack of big jobs. They all sitting here waiting to get paid.
As crappy as this engine swap is, i cranked the tunes and had at it..

My render of Don Quixote and a personal reminder for me not to engage in battles that are pointless and can’t be won...like arguing with stupid people.

I can’t tell you how many threads I have started to respond to only to delete my reply and tell myself “Don’t be Don”.

56A60618-B85D-44BF-815B-DD7C7C4B96AE.jpeg

You need a "plug in your cigarette lighter" voltmeter. :poke: Another thing nice about those is you are testing the voltage after it passes through the bulkhead connectors and using factory grounds. LOL
I actually will buy one eventually. I have to fix or replace the Wagoneer's lighter first. On the Barracuda, the lighter is in the ashtray and not a location where its very useful.
For diagnostics, this works pretty well.
upload_2019-4-4_20-34-16.png

So as best I can tell, since I didnt drive it anywhere, the 15 Volt regualtion was temperature related as today it was down to 14.7 to 14.8 at startup.
The analog meter was checking voltage at the temperature sender connection - sender disconnected. Might be resistance in the circuit since the fuel gage is roughly correct (for a repop).

When i did the volt regulator on the diesel (alt-crtl-delete)
It held 14.6 on the nose.
Only time it varied was glow plugs cycling in the first couple minutes.

When i did the volt regulator on the diesel (alt-crtl-delete)
It held 14.6 on the nose.
Only time it varied was glow plugs cycling in the first couple minutes.
I always learned that 14.6 was the perfect voltage.

We always said 13.5 to 14.5 volts was normal operational range.
13.7-14.7 is what the internet says. Ah what the heck, as long as it's a volt to two more than the battery voltage. LOL

-
Back