Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They all are temperature dependent. Even the electronic ones. I don't understand why. There's a thermister in the electronic ones, but I don't know what it does. I may start a thread to see if we can figure out the operation. Too tired right now.

1969 Dodge
upload_2019-4-4_21-13-34.png

1973Dodge
upload_2019-4-4_21-14-58.png

They all are temperature dependent. Even the electronic ones. I don't understand why. There's a thermister in the electronic ones, but I don't know what it does. I may start a thread to see if we can figure out the operation. Too tired right now.

1969 Dodge
View attachment 1715315015

1973Dodge
View attachment 1715315017
When you do, let me know. None of the ones I’ve ever had have appeared to move at all

1969 Dodge
View attachment 1715315015

1973Dodge
View attachment 1715315017
It’s application is simple, it is used as a voltage stabilizer whereby resistance lowers as temperature increases so that the voltage remains constant across the operational temperature range. The type used is NTC (negative temperature coefficient).

It’s application is simple, it is used as a voltage stabilizer whereby resistance lowers as temperature increases so that the voltage remains constant across the operational temperature range. The type used is NTC (negative temperature coefficient).
Thanks Dave. That fits in in one piece of the puzzle. I'm sure the whole thing isn't too complicated. The Master Tech book shows the board and labels some of the components. A few are obvious, like a cap. They have a schematic but its simplified and seems to have some errors.

Even more interesting.

It’s really not hard to understand. Since voltage drops with temperature because of increased resistance, electronic alternators employ NTC thermistors to provide resistance at lower temperature that is reduced as the temperature increases such that the output voltage remains constant across the entire operational range.

The principle is simple. If resistance is high at the upper temperatures, then increase voltage output at the source and add resistance at lower temperatures that decreases with temperature so that across the thermal range it stays even to the operational system.

Voltage stabilization 101.

Legs /feet sore. On them all day today. And just short breaks. Think it will be a working weekend.

Woo Hoo, does this make me first? I have had a nasty couple of days complete with evening at ER. When I told you all I was sick at that point I didn't know just how sick I was heading to. Long story short I dislodged my bladder operating some heavy equipment. It finally got a small tear in it I guess. End result was peeing copious amounts of blood and poisoned myself. It has been great! Docs have it under control now but it has been a no fun ride. As a result of meds and bed rest my sleep cycle is a mess. So I am wide awake and bushy tailed when the rest of the world sleeps! Great... Argh!

My render of Don Quixote and a personal reminder for me not to engage in battles that are pointless and can’t be won...like arguing with stupid people.

I can’t tell you how many threads I have started to respond to only to delete my reply and tell myself “Don’t be Don”.

View attachment 1715314937
Dave send me a PM once you get all the tee shirt chaos behind you and we can talk about banners. I may have to have one of the windmill. I really like that.

Woo Hoo, does this make me first? I have had a nasty couple of days complete with evening at ER. When I told you all I was sick at that point I didn't know just how sick I was heading to. Long story short I dislodged my bladder operating some heavy equipment. It finally got a small tear in it I guess. End result was peeing copious amounts of blood and poisoned myself. It has been great! Docs have it under control now but it has been a no fun ride. As a result of meds and bed rest my sleep cycle is a mess. So I am wide awake and bushy tailed when the rest of the world sleeps! Great... Argh!

Sorry to hear about your pain, but glad the doctors are fixing it....

Gave some new insight to child birth or passing of kidney stones!

I knew a girl in high school that had an aunt that had 6 kids.... She asked her aunt what it feels like to have a baby...

Her aunt replied, "It's like sh!tting a watermelon".... :eek: :wtf:

-
Back