Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@Sublime one
Went to the range yesterday for my yearly qualification (Glock 17) 49/50. Yep threw one at 25 yard line kneeling. Wooden support pole shifted as I pulled...oh well.
For years I was in specialty units and we shot weekly, a lot. I still use that method drawing and firing from the holster. The rangemaster said it was funny he'd say fire and I had three shots down range before the others had fired a shot. I've always just done it that way. 7 yards and in look at the target and fire. With practice your shot will hit where your looking.
I hadn't bought a gun in a couple years. Ran into our retired LEO gun dealer qualifying yesterday also. Think I'm going to pick up a Glock 43. At the Blue price (LEO's) its a deal!!
Hah! Very similiar story for me this year qualifying. Having just done total knee replacement surgery I could not kneel at all strong side. I kneeled weak side gritted my teeth held my breath and just let memory take over. I was only one shooting 45 as all else were shooting 22s. RO put me way down on end as a result so that I would not startle other shooters. I would have to wait until I heard a first shot as I could not hear any range commands. Then I would just rattle them off and wonder what in the love of Pete takes so long with a 22! I am testing out this month for my pistol instructor tab. Biggest issue frankly is the deterioration of my eyesight!

Hah! Very similiar story for me this year qualifying. Having just done total knee replacement surgery I could not kneel at all strong side. I kneeled weak side gritted my teeth held my breath and just let memory take over. I was only one shooting 45 as all else were shooting 22s. RO put me way down on end as a result so that I would not startle other shooters. I would have to wait until I heard a first shot as I could not hear any range commands. Then I would just rattle them off and wonder what in the love of Pete takes so long with a 22! I am testing out this month for my pistol instructor tab. Biggest issue frankly is the deterioration of my eyesight!
I just got some prescription sunglasses to help with distance. I wore them yesterday...great!!

I just got some prescription sunglasses to help with distance. I wore them yesterday...great!!
I ended up at optometrist last week needing new bifocals etc. long story short I explained shooting dilemma of being only able to focus on target or focal plane without losing cheekweld and he proposed a even grind with no transition large lens pair of glasses. I will have to swap back if I need to record data but should allow me to see sights and target at same time. Hope they get here soon, I want to test his theory.

OH OH ust got off the phone with the new VA rep I dont think he likes me very much. Trying to explain everything and he wont even set up a meeting!:mob:

I ended up at optometrist last week needing new bifocals etc. long story short I explained shooting dilemma of being only able to focus on target or focal plane without losing cheekweld and he proposed a even grind with no transition large lens pair of glasses. I will have to swap back if I need to record data but should allow me to see sights and target at same time. Hope they get here soon, I want to test his theory.
I don't really have a vision problem yet, but these help with driving and worked perfect for me at the range, especially at the 25 line.
Wife wanted and I bought her an AR last year. We still haven't shot it yet.
She had a gall bladder problem for months and finally feeling normal.
Going to take her out soon and get it sighted in for her.

Hey, by chance, does anyone have a Music Master radio they would be willing to part with? I am looking for a replacement for the missing R11 Music Master AM radio in my 71 Demon.

OH OH ust got off the phone with the new VA rep I dont think he likes me very much. Trying to explain everything and he wont even set up a meeting!:mob:
Well call him back later, make him feel like he's the man, need your help, and sit up an appointment. That's how I've found most of them to be.
Yes we know out problems better than they, but its like talking to the wife. Say what you feel followed by "what do you think"

Hey, by chance, does anyone have a Music Master radio they would be willing to part with? I am looking for a replacement for the missing R11 Music Master AM radio in my 71 Demon.
R11 is that a knob or thumbwheel?

Well call him back later, make him feel like he's the man, need your help, and sit up an appointment. That's how I've found most of them to be.
Yes we know out problems better than they, but its like talking to the wife. Say what you feel followed by "what do you think"
Is he the county rep, or just one of the veteran group reps at your VA??

So make him think he's the man, but then treat him like he's your woman? :eek:
good morning

So make him think he's the man, but then treat him like he's your woman? :eek:
good morning
Yep kiss his *ss. If they screwed up your original paperwork your looking at the possibilities of a bucket of $$ in backpay, and a nice monthly tax-free check!!

Just pisses me off. This guy blew me off last week, now wants me to send 100 copies to him. Hell I need to sit down and explain it all to this guy, way to much happened that would take days to figure out with the paperwork only. Just have a bad feeling again!

Just pisses me off. This guy blew me off last week, now wants me to send 100 copies to him. Hell I need to sit down and explain it all to this guy, way to much happened that would take days to figure out with the paperwork only. Just have a bad feeling again!
Do they have ANY records? Sounds like total BS that you guys have to keep a file cabinet full of papers to prove who you are and what you did. :bs_flag::wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Do they have ANY records? Sounds like total BS that you guys have to keep a file cabinet full of papers to prove who you are and what you did. :bs_flag::wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
It does but that's just how it is. No one took care of you better than you. Sad but true.

Put it together with a cover letter listing your time served by components. Most of them want to see it before they talk. What happened to the last file??

Sounds like private sector. Go to work at a new place or for a new owner/ manager and you are a piece of **** all over again. And the more you can prove you did, the harder they push you down.

Put it together with a cover letter listing your time served by components. Most of them want to see it before they talk. What happened to the last file??
It was a mess. They had me in the USN in 2007. I left it in 93! He is doing that all right now. They had none of my active duty time in the USN or the Air Guard. I was blown away. I left him copies of the 22 DD214's I had and he is straightening that out for me which is good. Now I know why my claims were never approved! Ya think????

Really pisses me off last time took 4 years. He was like you left in 93 and came back in 2007! No dope, look at the 214 and remember I was guard also! Glad I have all my pay stubs still and point statement. Hell I have almost 5K in points!

Stupid question of the day...

When I got my 360 built for the Scamp I gave the shop my original 318. I was thinking of calling them to see if they still have it and trying to buy it back. Do you think its worth having the original engine if I ever decide to sell the car??

And make extra copies for yourself and the next guy you gotta show it to...
Seriously though... Include an outline of everything you would tell him face to face followed by the backup paperwork in order. Give him a few days to review it and ask if he needs anything else. These guys are just processing cases. I'm sure he's got a ton of them to do.
Just remember he is the new guy in this. Not being there for an appointment is still BS, and I would let him know that you keep appointments and expect the same from him.
Why did they switch people on you if someone else was on it? If he has records that you had 3 others before him, he may think this is a PITA case that was dumped on him, or could be copping an attitude on YOU for it right off the bat.

Give him an easy track to a completed case and you are more likely to get done.

When I got my 360 built for the Scamp I gave the shop my original 318. I was thinking of calling them to see if they still have it and trying to buy it back. Do you think its worth having the original engine if I ever decide to sell the car??
Probably not. I was thinking the same with my Swinger. Too many things on that car to keep it original.

Probably not. Unless it was a survivor car, I wouldn't waste a minute or a buck on matching #s for anything but a 340 or big block car

-
Back