Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@71GSSDemon Hey Eric, I believe I have the factory am radio out of my Duster still. I’ll check when I get home. How will I know if it’s the one your needing?

Well....now that I have an official FABO Coffee Club T-shirt....I should at least stop in once in a while and say hi!

And speaking of coffee....I drink 7 to 8 cups a day...is that too much?
Asking for a friend.....!

View attachment 1715317156

Jeff
I’m on #7 now. With no coffee shirt...couple more jobs out of the way. 09 gmc van (diesel??) in for no heat. Guy has 2 vans both heaters went out.
This one is a melted connector.
Another quick fix.
Will fetch the yota and start tearing into rear brakes.

I’m on #7 now. With no coffee shirt...couple more jobs out of the way. 09 gmc van (diesel??) in for no heat. Guy has 2 vans both heaters went out.
Another quick fix.
Being a professional mechanic is a thankless job....all you ever get is peoples problems.....
I'm in IT...no one ever calls to tell me everything is fine....LOL

Jeff

Another quick fix.
Well the shirts cleared customs and have been dispatched out of Toronto now. :)

Being a professional mechanic is a thankless job....all you ever get is peoples problems.....
I'm in IT...no one ever calls to tell me everything is fine....LOL

Jeff
yep, maintenance mechanic here. And they really don't care how difficult it is to fix if they aren't paying for it.

Well, i have this to say- rear axle seals on toyota tundras suck!
And its a black gooey mess to boot. Ordered a few parts and will give it my best attempt tomorrow.

wife did video of me dropping tree...

Had a big oak leaning over the house. Big long rope and a sheave on another tree, and my truck. That one was leaning heavy the long way.
Neighbour in a big panic cutting down trees leaning over my sheds, i grab his saw and had 6 5” diameter trees on ground in 5 minutes.
We drop lots of trees around here. Dead ones getting picked off constantly for firewood.

Good Evening All! Blowing pretty good on the island here tonight, awning is flapping and stuffs blown over in the "yard".

wife did video of me dropping tree...

I see power lines in the back ground, makes me nervous. I have a bunch of alder on the front of my property that I want to have dropped so they don't knock out power. Was the tree tall enough to hit the lines? Nice work by the way.

Had hydro come and drop a big spruce tree, i sat in a lawn chair and watched. It was painful to watch. The saw was dull,and they wouldnt let me sharpen it for them. But on the other hand i didnt have to cut it down. Clean it up, i had to.
A week later,and the spruce beetles were swarming. Worst i ever saw them.that was 5 years ago. Last summer i saw only 1 spruce beetle.

Correction. Long horned wood boring beetle.
A226324C-9A26-42B6-B8EC-3DFE205527EF.png
They nasty.

I've been trying to buzz up windfall, have had trouble with my saw. Recently changed the clutch so I'm surprised that the sprocket is already worn. Haven't pulled it yet but think that's what it has to be, saw revs but chain no go (with brake off of course). Will take it apart (gotta remember reverse thread nut!) this weekend to be sure it's a 7 spline, then order.

Wood boring beetles have killed thousands of acres of trees in California. A HUGE problem, contributing to the out of control forest fires. Maybe we should rake the forest floor...Hmmmm:rofl:

-
Back