Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Is that plain hairpin fence. Or ornaments between pins?
That fence is plain hairpin.
upload_2019-7-24_21-16-15.png

The front fences are all ornamented.
The shared front ones are hairpins with an small tulip? top in between.
The sidewalk facing ones are tulip? topped alternated with twisted spikes and petaled flowers rivetted on. At least I think they are rivetted.
My front ones need sections of the lower rails replaced. Half buried for years and many uh creative patches. LOL. Maybe a winter project.
upload_2019-7-24_21-18-27.png

I got a call from my builder today, should have been ready for it but am not. Monday I need to do an electrical walk thru. I have a 30x40 shop, no living area, or plumbing, or heat. I have a 200 amp service, I have a lift I want that takes 220 single phase, but nothing else. Compressor could be upgraded to 220 but not likely for welder. Any ideas of things to ask for during the walk thru? I wonder about an overhead outlet, but besides that don't know what else to ask for besides lots of outlets. Sorry for the long post, came up all of a sudden and need to figure out by Monday. Thanks brothers!

IMG_5954 (3).jpg

IMG_5962.JPG

IMG_5963 (1).jpg

I got a call from my builder today, should have been ready for it but am not. Monday I need to do an electrical walk thru. I have a 30x40 shop, no living area, or plumbing, or heat. I have a 200 amp service, I have a lift I want that takes 220 single phase, but nothing else. Compressor could be upgraded to 220 but not likely for welder. Any ideas of things to ask for during the walk thru? I wonder about an overhead outlet, but besides that don't know what else to ask for besides lots of outlets. Sorry for the long post, came up all of a sudden and need to figure out by Monday. Thanks brothers!

View attachment 1715368743

View attachment 1715368744

View attachment 1715368745
That's tough.
Have you sketched out some floor plans with the lift, your tool box, work benches etc?

How's the wiring being run (conduit? NM?) and will the walls be finished?
In some situations, overhead drops are nice.

Have you sketched out some floor plans with the lift, your tool box, work benches etc?
Maybe also pull the car in, use boxes and cardboard to represent flor space and bench hieghts. Get a feel for how things fit and where you may want them.

That's tough.

How's the wiring being run (conduit? NM?) and will the walls be finished?
In some situations, overhead drops are nice.

Yes the walls finished. Window height is all I've picked and I did that at 42 inches just in case I wanted benches on the side but I want the bench on the back wall. One priority is my Klipschorns which have to be placed in the corners for bass response, silly as that sounds. As far as conduit not sure but if overhead outlet added I think I want that in conduit. They are already having to relocate my H frame and put all electrical boxes on the side of shop (preferred anyway) because of set back of 30 feet conflicted with original plan so don't know how much I can ask for w/o change order, want to figure out what I want and see where it lands. Thanks again, I really appreciate your input!

I suppose the most important thing is the fuse box. As long as has the capacity to cover needs in the forseeable future, rerouting or running an additional circuit isn't terrible. Granted nobody likes fishing through walls buts not that big of a deal. And conduit on the surface isn't really that hard either. OK it is hard, but its not difficult (other than making nice bends). LOL.

View attachment 1715368743

View attachment 1715368744

View attachment 1715368745
Any idea where you need power for hoist? I had to do some creative changes to my 4 post to minimize wire length.

I suppose the most important thing is the fuse box. As long as has the capacity to cover needs in the forseeable future, rerouting or running an additional circuit isn't terrible. Granted nobody likes fishing through walls buts not that big of a deal. And conduit on the surface isn't really that hard either. OK it is hard, but its not difficult (other than making nice bends). LOL.

My plan is to photograph the walls once electrical is run for future adds. I don't have much experience with AC wiring, but have a little....and a meter.

Any idea where you need power for hoist? I had to do some creative changes to my 4 post to minimize wire length.

Not exactly. I need to look at the PDF for the Bendpak 9000 4 post before Monday to see what "corner" the AC wiring comes in. Length equals loss, great point and THANKS!

Here's my H frame, blurry like I am lol! Complete with yellowjackets nest, have to break the B bop out of the work rig and zap them! Wish I could have afforded a transfer switch, only have a disconnect breaker, we lose power our here in the wind.

IMG_5989.JPG

Here's my H frame, blurry like I am lol! Complete with yellowjackets nest, have to break the B bop out of the work rig and zap them! Wish I could have afforded a transfer switch, only have a disconnect breaker, we lose power our here in the wind.

View attachment 1715368764
I use the shop vac.
Prop up a long pipe by nest entrance and turn vac on for 1/2 hour or so. Flip off switch as i stark spraying killer into hose. Stuff rag in it and let it sit in sun for a day before i empty.

Evening all.

Some good news for a change, the hospital sent my brother home, lots of meds and instructions. He does have Two different strains of E Coli he picked up from the Dominican Republic somehow. They’re not exactly sure how as all food and drinks consumed were consumed by others, including his wife. He’s the only one sick. They ran blood work on the other 11 people already and they show no signs of either strain.

Regardless, they said with the meds, he should be fine just down for a few days and to keep monitoring it

Evening all.

Some good news for a change, the hospital sent my brother home, lots of meds and instructions. He does have Two different strains of E Coli he picked up from the Dominican Republic somehow. They’re not exactly sure how as all food and drinks consumed were consumed by others, including his wife. He’s the only one sick. They ran blood work on the other 11 people already and they show no signs of either strain.

Regardless, they said with the meds, he should be fine just down for a few days and to keep monitoring it

Good evening. Glad to hear your brother is doing better.

E Coli can live on surfaces... so maybe that's how he got it.....
Well that’s what I thought too, but apparently the strains he tested for are unique to the Caribbean and are somehow proven to be only in food. How they know that is beyond me. The one strain they are worried most about is one that has shown to be somewhat antibiotic resistant

-
Back