Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Typical distrib
distributor-bushing-locations.jpg

I'd have to drive through Indianapolis, and with a 20 mile stretch of I-70 through town shut down for construction that ain't gonna happen.
This summer their detour route also had construction taking place.
With that, and two normal traffic patterns for two highways on one, it turned into a 30mph 20 mile journey.
And that was on a Sunday afternoon. What a mess!!
But you did not want to go faster, the road was so rough...Jeezzz stopped to make sure did not blow a tire or break an axle on way back. No kidding. Hit a freakin hole in the middle of the free way!!! a BIG sharp edge hole.....

I'd have to drive through Indianapolis, and with a 20 mile stretch of I-70 through town shut down for construction that ain't gonna happen.
This summer their detour route also had construction taking place.
With that, and two normal traffic patterns for two highways on one, it turned into a 30mph 20 mile journey.
And that was on a Sunday afternoon. What a mess!!
its even worse now. Every interstate in Indy is closed for construction. Have to use city streets and state highways. Its a fubar'd mess

@halifaxhops You could make one of these. The head pivots to get through the bushing/ bearing bore. Then unfold it, engage into the bottom of the bearing and pull away. The step on the foot is specific for the bushing ID.

puller.jpg

I used to turn out hundreds of bushings a night when I worked at Viking Pump. Automatic screw machines. Most of the orders were 10,000 part orders. Brass bushings up to about 4" diameter.
Too bad you did not work at a print shop, making 100 dollar bills. Could have made a few "extra" for retirement.

Stop in for a cup Joey? Black or cream and sugar?

Definitely got some ideas now and that small lathe I got from Tike. Should have bought one of them years ago!

Hey Joey, coming your way with the car in November, to the Muscle Car & Corvette National Show.
Come by and say Hi.

-
Back