Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
El camino back in shortly. Fix shifter cable and install cover.
Start fitting seats.

Do they come in half inch? That would be perfect!
That would probably be too small for the flip thing to work right. They are more for roller bearings. More to grab than the thin wall of a bushing. The thing you found looks good for grabbing bushing. What pulls it out?

willyswednesdayX.jpg

It's Willys Wednesday!
Good morning.

I used to turn out hundreds of bushings a night when I worked at Viking Pump. Automatic screw machines. Most of the orders were 10,000 part orders. Brass bushings up to about 4" diameter.

Viking pumped countless tons of asphalt oil for me trouble free for many years :lol:Not like it was never abused :rolleyes: The mornings when the plant heater system quit over night and the rosebud came out to warm it up a little. Starting the pump with a plugged return line :eek:. Power failures with both lines full. :rofl:

Viking pumped countless tons of asphalt oil for me trouble free for many years :lol:Not like it was never abused :rolleyes: The mornings when the plant heater system quit over night and the rosebud came out to warm it up a little. Starting the pump with a plugged return line :eek:. Power failures with both lines full. :rofl:
I used to run 6" stainless steel idler blanks on a old single spindle machine. 3 a night. It was a fun job. The brass bushings were 3" long. had to hold .0002 tolerance in the bores. A floating reamer made it happen. All braised carbide tooling. Old school.

I used to run 6" stainless steel idler blanks on a old single spindle machine. 3 a night. It was a fun job. The brass bushings were 3" long. had to hold .0002 tolerance in the bores. A floating reamer made it happen. All braised carbide tooling. Old school.

It worked. Little grease once in a while. Tighten the packing about 3 times/year. Pump 400 tons per day.

-
Back