Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I think I figured out why there is such a difference in taste in music here. It might not even be an age thing but more of a dancer vs. Non dancer thing.

A lot guys don't really dance. When you listen to classic rock, you don't really dance. You just listen while working on a car or doing something else (totally cool) if you are in a bar or club and you are playing classic rock, you just wallflower it and drink or smoke a doobie while nodding your head to the music. Classic rockers are easy going t shirt and jeans clad guys, many times with a chain that attaches their wallet and/ or keys to themselves.

In the 70s it was disco that attracted the dancers, Male and female. The males were gorgeous men like John Travolta who were in the club to dance. The idea of wallflowering it up with a drink was not in their cards and that is why they dressed and were smooth per their intent.

Same thing today, trappers, shufflers, dubsteppers, and edm dancers, male or female are not tshirt and jeans people. (Like me) They are in the club to dance and that is very fun. Their music is high energy and they are there to wear out the dance floor.

Even in this generation you have your tshirt and jeans and guys with the chains again who are not real mobile. They favor the music that is not very danceable like heavy metal (unless you consider a mosh pit as dancing..... not) even rappers, these guys will be found behaving exactly as the classic rockers and enjoying their music immensely but certainly not on a dance floor.

Man TJ I thought sure I would be first today. Happy thirsty Thursday! Wife's travel plans are a mess, she just boarded heading to Chicago and will arrive in Fargo mid morning today. She was delayed in Denver last night and missed Fargo connection. She got the bonus benefit of sleeping at airport. Thankfully she is not very big and can curl up in a chair. I usually just sprawl on the floor. Oddly enough there just is not a lot of flights in and out of Fargo.

Is she in Chicago now???

Yup especially today!
tenor (1).gif

I need them my loft is a total mess. Way to many distributor parts. Check out the govt auctions sometimes you get a deal. Really need a 20' shipping container for around 500 if I can ever find one.

I wanted that style with a back so I can put them on the edge of the loft area and not worry about stuff falling out to the floor. Not cheap new around 200 each. Hell functional is fine for me.

I bought a 7'9" old metal kitchen cabinet back in May at a yard sale for 20 dollars, hung it last month, those old cabinets sell high , I am always on the lookout

Nope, no pictures of the cabinet, but I had to post this darling Dodge driver, she is a super racer that beats everyone at the light

So I think I figured out why there is such a difference in taste in music here. It might not even be an age thing but more of a dancer vs. Non dancer thing.

A lot guys don't really dance. When you listen to classic rock, you don't really dance. You just listen while working on a car or doing something else (totally cool) if you are in a bar or club and you are playing classic rock, you just wallflower it and drink or smoke a doobie while nodding your head to the music. Classic rockers are easy going t shirt and jeans clad guys, many times with a chain that attaches their wallet and/ or keys to themselves.

In the 70s it was disco that attracted the dancers, Male and female. The males were gorgeous men like John Travolta who were in the club to dance. The idea of wallflowering it up with a drink was not in their cards and that is why they dressed and were smooth per their intent.

Same thing today, trappers, shufflers, dubsteppers, and edm dancers, male or female are not tshirt and jeans people. (Like me) They are in the club to dance and that is very fun. Their music is high energy and they are there to wear out the dance floor.

Even in this generation you have your tshirt and jeans and guys with the chains again who are not real mobile. They favor the music that is not very danceable like heavy metal (unless you consider a mosh pit as dancing..... not) even rappers, these guys will be found behaving exactly as the classic rockers and enjoying their music immensely but certainly not on a dance floor.
Didn’t know whether to agree or like this. I think you may have hit the nail on the head here Miss Rani. It’s definitely true in my world. Not a dancer, just an old white guy with no rhythm. Won’t catch me on the dance floor unless it’s a slow dance and the wife is dragging me or if the buffet is on the other side and I’m hungry.
:lol:

-
Back