Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning guys. We have a couple scrap yards here that will take anything metal. The auto salvage yards will take them but they need a title.

I spent the day yesterday smoking salmon and sorting out pedal configuration. And yes we have now successfully missed yet another completion date for paint on Demon! 9/1. I got no more drawers to organize in shop and yard is mowed. Like many on here I don't do well when not engaged! Happy Holiday!

IMG_3187.JPG

I spent the day yesterday smoking salmon and sorting out pedal configuration. And yes we have now successfully missed yet another completion date for paint on Demon! 9/1. I got no more drawers to organize in shop and yard is mowed. Like many on here I don't do well when not engaged! Happy Holiday!

View attachment 1715388220
Mmmm. Had a nice Salmon dinner the other night. Haven't had smoked in a while.
So, you gonna find out what the next future missed completion date is tomorrow? :BangHead:
Good Morning all

So, you gonna find out what the next future missed completion date is tomorrow? :BangHead:
Good Morning all
I’ve not had salmon in a long time. May have to change that

Sublime one,
Hope you get the Demon back in a reasonable amount of time coming up here. Yeah that body and paint, attention to detail, highly skilled work, commitment to paying customer, without sliding another job in between.

Will be nice when done.

Did you see Nick's Garage, with the white Kowalski Challenger restoration. Nick had a bodyman buddy that took on that major, major restoration and went at 24/7 until he got it done. Super Nice Job, the guy plowed right through it day and night for Nick.

That's a great friend.

20190128_112707.jpg

Good morning, watching this storm, and likely getting out tomorrow morning. The resort is kicking everyone out at noon today and we have the whole week off! Headed to pick up a rental car now, for peace of mind not knowing what the roads will be like. Plan is to stay with my Mom in Sarasota. Happy Labor Day guys.
Do what you must to stay safe. The only thing consistent about the forecast is that they can not tell us what will happen. It's like watching a bus rolling down the street bumping the curbs. Will it get up over one? Should we stand in front of it? :BangHead:

Sublime one,
Hope you get the Demon back in a reasonable amount of time coming up here. Yeah that body and paint, attention to detail, highly skilled work, commitment to paying customer, without sliding another job in between.

Will be nice when done.

Did you see Nick's Garage, with the white Kowalski Challenger restoration. Nick had a bodyman buddy that took on that major, major restoration and went at 24/7 until he got it done. Super Nice Job, the guy plowed right through it day and night for Nick.

That's a great friend.

View attachment 1715388222
I can only wish..... Mine has been 18 months....:mad::mob::soapbox::wtf:

Good Morning all
LMAO and yep I will need to swing by painters and see what new date is!just no sense in getting worked up over it. Winters are long and summer is lost. As long as I can have it rollable for the annual migration to Mopars in the Park for some Shandy it is all good!

Yes, don't ever tell anyone: I am not in a big hurry.

Been there done that. '67 383 heads for a valve job.
Had to go over there and told him I want the heads now after 4 months, will pay you for what you have into them so far. I have one of my nieghbors that will finish them. He had them done the following week.

Now I do all of my valve jobs in house after that fiasco. Killed the momentum on the engine build.

0428161402.jpg

1009162048.jpg

1010161825.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of showing the Duster today. But... Lost a chunk of my weekend driving to Jersey. Didn't sleep well there. So didn't get anything done yesterday. (including not cleaning up the car. Then it rained overnight, so not able to sand more of the deck this morning. It is drying up now. So may still go see what cars showed up. It's about a half hour drive. Not sure if I will take Cinnamon or not. Don't plan to enter it either way. I suspect it will be a thin turnout with a rainy start and chance of storms again late afternoon. Not at all the weekend I was hoping for...

Good morning, watching this storm, and likely getting out tomorrow morning. The resort is kicking everyone out at noon today and we have the whole week off! Headed to pick up a rental car now, for peace of mind not knowing what the roads will be like. Plan is to stay with my Mom in Sarasota. Happy Labor Day guys.
Good luck bud. Stay safe

Becareful traveling.

I can only wish..... Mine has been 18 months....:mad::mob::soapbox::wtf:
at this rate, my dart might be in paint before yours, which is really kind of bullshit considering you have a supposedly professional body man doing yours. I’m sure yours will look amazing, whenever it’s done.

Hey we're talking about John's car here! We can talk about yours more in a few months after his is done. :poke:
ouch

Yes, don't ever tell anyone: I am not in a big hurry.

Been there done that. '67 383 heads for a valve job.
Had to go over there and told him I want the heads now after 4 months, will pay you for what you have into them so far. I have one of my nieghbors that will finish them. He had them done the following week.

Now I do all of my valve jobs in house after that fiasco. Killed the momentum on the engine build.

View attachment 1715388226

View attachment 1715388227

View attachment 1715388231
Yeah, I made that mistake on my 440, and about 12- 14 months later... I ended up with this

Project 440DD

Sublime one,

Will be nice when done.

That's a great friend.

View attachment 1715388222
I love that car! I had a Vanishing Point Challenger about 20 years ago. Still love that movie.

I think Mitch and I should start a waiting on the painter thread! We could title it " My painter said my car would be done next month" By same token good paint ain't cheap, cheap paint ain't good. When I get impatient I just go look close at my Cuda that I painted in my barn! On totally non related topic we strip picked garden yesterday and made some what we call chunky salsa. Lips are numb, eyes watering and snot coming out of my nose. We may have added one to many peppers!

IMG_3188.JPG

I think Mitch and I should start a waiting on the painter thread! We could title it " My painter said my car would be done next month" By same token good paint ain't cheap, cheap paint ain't good. When I get impatient I just go look close at my Cuda that I painted in my barn! On totally non related topic we strip picked garden yesterday and made some what we call chunky salsa. Lips are numb, eyes watering and snot coming out of my nose. We may have added one to many peppers!

View attachment 1715388240
Too many peppers? Is that really possible?

View attachment 1715388240
Make sure you wash your hands well before taking a leak. Don't ask me how I know.

-
Back