Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Gremlins....I blame my mess on Gremlins and all the old trucks and cars chase the women away. Some people even think I have bodies in the cars

Gremlins....I blame my mess on Gremlins and all the old trucks and cars chase the women away. Some people even think I have bodies in the cars
Ever see the 1940s Bug Bunny gremlin episode? By far the funniest episode ever

When I was young, my aunt Maggie always made mince meat pie, with real meat!! It was horrible, but no one told her, did not want to upset her. Well, fast forward 20 years, at fathers for thanksgiving, been in California, his house was in Indiana. Any way, I said, "you going to make some of that delicious mince meat pie?" The room got silent, Maggie said " I stopped making that years ago, I thought no one liked it!". " I will make a nice big one just for you!" And I ate it. well, me and the Dog! Dad and everyone laughed there asses off!!!
Had that stuff when I was a kid. Not all were 'terrible' but why??? when there is apple, pumpkin... My great aunts made amazing huckleberry custard. Damn, I'm getting hungry now. LOL

Bachelorette life is the best.

Best part, is having my own bathroom.
That is the single most thing that makes it worth it, no one to move my stuff around. I am really particular with how I arrange things and I don't like other females using my makeup or males moving my stuff and peeing all over the bowl.

When I had to share a bathroom with my cousins, i lost so much good stuff and it was always like a crime scene because no one knows anything and no one saw anything. I guess the fairy God mother walked away with all the missing ****!!!

Really pisses me off so I like having my own bathroom.
Some of us can aim and have enough respect not to move your ****....your just hanging out with the wrong crowd...lol

Ya well with my Swedish heritage wife's family I've had to stomach Korv and Lutefisk...no thanks!! :(
Once a year around Christmas they would gather. They'd make the Korv using a 100 year old sausage machine and cook up that smelly Lutefisk (fish).
My MNL was a saint and always had a hamburger patty for me.
I survived. :)

I have never eaten Lutefisk (fish (cod) in lye). I refuse to eat food that is so dirty it has to be cleaned in lye. No idea what kind of "korv" you have eaten. I love Swedish "falukorv", and for those who are not into the Swedish language, korv simply means sausage, as in franks and that sort of things. In Norway we do not say korv, we say Pølse, but we can not ask for pølse in Sweden, or it would be spelled pölse and is the same or similar to the Scottish "haggis". Oh man language is just plain fun. And when the Vikings roamed around on this same globe, they say Norwegians, Swedes, Danes, Germans, Dutch, people in Belgium, France, and England could understand each other. Their languages were that similar. And now we are like, huh,.... how did you make that sound. lol

Anyway, I am a huge fish snobb, and extremely picky when it comes to seafood. My uncles were fishermen, so I am used to the best quality you can get. If not, I become grumpy. LOL, sort of like John Gustafson (Jack Lemmon) and Max Goldman (Walter Matthau). That is me when I get bad fish. :D :D :D We had poached cod today for dinner, potatoes, rutabaga stew and small pieces of bacon. My wife said, why does bacon go so well with fish. I asked, have you never seen that used in the US. No, never, was her answer. When it gets colder in the air I will smoke cod in my smoker (cold smoke it) then poach it, also with potatoes, rutabaga stew and bacon. First time I served that to my wife she said, "why haven't you served this to me before". :)

Bachelorette life is the best.

Best part, is having my own bathroom.
That is the single most thing that makes it worth it, no one to move my stuff around. I am really particular with how I arrange things and I don't like other females using my makeup or males moving my stuff and peeing all over the bowl.

When I had to share a bathroom with my cousins, i lost so much good stuff and it was always like a crime scene because no one knows anything and no one saw anything. I guess the fairy God mother walked away with all the missing ****!!!

Really pisses me off so I like having my own bathroom.

Uff, I hate when people hangs the bathroom tissue so the end is between the wall and the roll, and I hate when people does not close the lid. What on earth is the lid for if not to be closed ?

Bill

The only thing swedish I ever wanted:
My only non mopar dream car would be a Saab 95 wagon. Extremely hard to find in middle America, these cars were just cool IMO

A 1967 because I like the older style grille, with the v4 and wagon body style for sure. I would dress it up like a rally car even though I don't think they ever made rally wagons.

saab_95_station_wagon_19672_web01.jpg

That is just a six pack of awesomeness..

The older grille looks a little ..... well older but still has a classic look.

There is a 63 2 door coupe locally that is available but missing the interior and a fender. Finding those parts will be a challenge, so much so that I had thought to wait and maybe a later 60s wagon would pop up

saab-95-1961-9.jpg

Raining again.
This really sucks.
But on the other hand, i think about the victims and survivors of the hurricane,my problems are pretty minor.

The only thing swedish I ever wanted:
My only non mopar dream car would be a Saab 95 wagon. Extremely hard to find in middle America, these cars were just cool IMO

A 1967 because I like the older style grille, with the v4 and wagon body style for sure. I would dress it up like a rally car even though I don't think they ever made rally wagons.

View attachment 1715389625

Greta Molander - Wikipedia

Google her, she started early as a rally driver in Sweden, and after the war she drove Saab.

Bill

There is a 63 2 door coupe locally that is available but missing the interior and a fender. Finding those parts will be a challenge, so much so that I had thought to wait and maybe a later 60s wagon would pop up

View attachment 1715389626

Yes, that was in the Rally Monte Carlo in 1961, so it had the 2 stroke engine with freewheel clutch. What you want is as you said, the 1967 with the German Ford V4 engine, and a normal clutch. Actually a very nice engine. A little funny sound of it though... funny as in unusual.

Bill

Greta Molander - Wikipedia

Google her, she started early as a rally driver in Sweden, and after the war she drove Saab.

Bill
Wow, I would have never known. That is so cool. I didn't know there was/is a woman's class of rally competition.

That would have been something to see.
They had good taste in cars, those saabs are a car that I could smile at all day :D

Yes, that was in the Rally Monte Carlo in 1961, so it had the 2 stroke engine with freewheel clutch. What you want is as you said, the 1967 with the German Ford V4 engine, and a normal clutch. Actually a very nice engine. A little funny sound of it though... funny as in unusual.

Bill
A little car like that really needed a 318, but then they would scared the elderly people too much :lol:

View attachment 1715389626

That Red 53 is interesting, it's got the same number as "Herbie" here in the photo.

Herbie53.jpg

Wow, I would have never known. That is so cool. I didn't know there was/is a woman's class of rally competition.

That would have been something to see.
They had good taste in cars, those saabs are a car that I could smile at all day :D

Are you able to open this link ?

Saab 95 V4 7-sits Veteran/Bud | Kronoberg

It is from 1975, and I didn't know they had a 7 seat.

Bill

-
Back