Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It was crazy to buy even a shotgun there. Took 30 days and basically did the federal check and whatever local. Here they make a phone call and 5 min you own a Glock

It was crazy to buy even a shotgun there. Took 30 days and basically did the federal check and whatever local. Here they make a phone call and 5 min you own a Glock
Honestly, I don’t see how the country will ever unite again. We’re more splintered now than anytime since the 1860s. Even more so than 1968, which at the time was said to be the most divisive the country had been since the Reconstruction period.

And that's what's wrong...if you can walk out in 5 minutes with a Glock that's not right. I'm all about our right to bare arms and, I have a lot of arms to bare but, we need to keep this stuff out of the hands of the whack jobs shooting up our children and, innocent people. Guns dont kill people...people kill people. I grew up around firearms and got taught to respect them and the proper and safe way to use them. Never have I had the real thought of grabbing one of my guns and mowing down people for sport....break in my house and that's another story...

They do the NCIC check here the same as a federal security secret clearance, covers mental health, prescription drugs, watch lists, criminal records etc. Pretty thorough. You on any head meds you will not get anything. Of course some fall through the cracks like any thing else.

And that's what's wrong...if you can walk out in 5 minutes with a Glock that's not right. I'm all about our right to bare arms and, I have a lot of arms to bare but, we need to keep this stuff out of the hands of the whack jobs shooting up our children and, innocent people. Guns dont kill people...people kill people. I grew up around firearms and got taught to respect them and the proper and safe way to use them. Never have I had the real thought of grabbing one of my guns and mowing down people for sport....break in my house and that's another story...
NCIS check now a days doesn’t take long. Computers have really sped up that process. The problem is NOT the speed, it’s the fact that states are not required to report into the NCIS system in a timely manner. So that creates a void of information. Plus the fact that illegal purchases are not pursued.

The system is adequate and would work. However, it’s only effective if the information is valid, and violations are prosecuted

anyway, enough of that. I'm adding on to my storage shed, 12 feet by 12 feet extension. Its 12x16 now. I got all the materials from an auction and I'm needing the storage spot. Should be costing me less than 100 bucks in misc things I might need.

NCIS check now a days doesn’t take long. Computers have really sped up that process. The problem is NOT the speed, it’s the fact that states are not required to report into the NCIS system in a timely manner. So that creates a void of information. Plus the fact that illegal purchases are not pursued.

The system is adequate and would work. However, it’s only effective if the information is valid, and violations are prosecuted
I'm not saying the system is not adequate but, I am saying 5 minutes to walk out with a gun legally is a problem. If you take your daily driver to an alignment shop and 5 minutes later they say your good to go....do you think they did a thorough job? Some dude goes off the deep end one day and gets a gun legally in 5 minutes and mows down 30 people because he was super pissed because somebody "disrespected" him but if the same dude has to wait let's say 24 to 48 hours maybe a cooler head prevails and, maybe he doesnt do it. I understand that a lot of these mass shootings are planned and waiting a little bit of time wont change a bunch of it. I also get that a lot of this is done with guns purchased illegally.

I'm not saying the system is not adequate but, I am saying 5 minutes to walk out with a gun legally is a problem. If you take your daily driver to an alignment shop and 5 minutes later they say your good to go....do you think they did a thorough job? Some dude goes off the deep end one day and gets a gun legally in 5 minutes and mows down 30 people because he was super pissed because somebody "disrespected" him but if the same dude has to wait let's say 24 to 48 hours maybe a cooler head prevails and, maybe he doesnt do it. I understand that a lot of these mass shootings are planned and waiting a little bit of time wont change a bunch of it. I also get that a lot of this is done with guns purchased illegally.
You do realize that the 5 minutes is an exaggeration right? Its usually about 30-45 minutes by the time you complete the paperwork, the background check is ran by the feds. If your background check is clean, its about a 5 to 10 minute phone call. Plus, if someone walked into a gun store angry and upset, MOST gun stores are gonna turn him away as they are allowed too.

You're also talking about punishing people for the actions of 1-2 people a year. 52% of Americans have guns, with an estimated 500 million in civilian hands, if guns were the problem, you would truly know it.

Evil will find a way. Murder itself is illegal, what law do you propose to make murder even more illegal to where a murder or prospect murder stops and reconsiders their actions?

You do realize that the 5 minutes is an exaggeration right? Its usually about 30-45 minutes by the time you complete the paperwork, the background check is ran by the feds. If your background check is clean, its about a 5 to 10 minute phone call. Plus, if someone walked into a gun store angry and upset, MOST gun stores are gonna turn him away as they are allowed too.

You're also talking about punishing people for the actions of 1-2 people a year. 52% of Americans have guns, with an estimated 500 million in civilian hands, if guns were the problem, you would truly know it.

Evil will find a way. Murder itself is illegal, what law do you propose to make murder even more illegal to where a murder or prospect murder stops and reconsiders their actions?
Not everyone shows their emotions so openly and/or changes them that quickly. If I am pissed at you right now, it probably won't be much different an hour from now. But I might find better things to do by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Good Morning

Not everyone shows their emotions so openly and/or changes them that quickly. If I am pissed at you right now, it probably won't be much different an hour from now. But I might find better things to do by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Good Morning
perhaps, or you could stew on it and be even madder. Not a single one of these mass shootings have been knee jerk, the killers planned it for weeks and months in pretty much every case

We are on the same page here...like I said I'm all about our right to bare arms and, I have plenty of arms to bare...

If no one had guns, they would do as in England, use knives, and if no one had knives, they would throw rocks. Just read the old testament from the bible and you'll see plenty of examples of throwing rocks, and it is still going on in some parts of the world.

When the golden rule about "be to others as you want them to be towards yourself" is thrown overboard, and the new rule is "I do as I please", this it what we get.

I can understand the democrats wanting to ban guns to people who had a mental issue, they suggested so many years ago. But I do also understand the republicans refusing to accept that. Now, if they could meet half way and say that some who are mentally unstable should not have guns. But, this register the democrats wanted to use, that would also include a young mother who has a depression after getting her first child for example, and ban her from having a gun for the rest of her life, and I want people to look me in the eye and say they have never struggled at some point in life. We can not ban all of them from having a gun. Then we have all those with anger issues, which is not considered being mentally unstable according to the law. What shall we do about them ? Shall we walk around in the neighborhood asking if they have heard anyone being out in the backyard yelling in anger, and then paint a red cross over the door to their home ?

All these things that causes some people to pick up a gun and shoot someone else, there is a reason for it. And these reasons I think comes from decisions made over the years that has made society colder and less loving. The US is not the only country where that is happening. And violence is raising in many parts of the world. Norway too.
But, it is much easier to blame the problem on the guns, the guns can not talk back or defend themselves. It is easier to go after the tool, than to address the causes to use the tool in the wrong way. Because then we might have to admit that one or more of the decisions that has been made over the years was wrong. Decisions that has made society to what it is now.

Just my thoughts. Maybe America need a hugging campaign, hug a neighbor. Democrats hugging their neighbor Republican, and Republicans hugging their neighbor Democrat. And for those who pray, don't pray for someone to get "what they deserve", revenge belongs to the Lord. Pray for getting along and bless your enemy. The Lord then has his ways of loosening up the tensions.

Bill

-
Back