Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I probably have 100 tapes up in the attic....couldn't throw them out....oh the memories!!!
I am the same way, I have all my old mini discs and the recorders

They get good money on Ebay and I should sell all that but when i look at them, i get a rush of memories, so I put them back on the shelf

Well I survived another Grandparents Day school lunch.
Wife is gone until Sunday. Once a month she spends a weekend with her Mom.
Car show tomorrow, I'm taking the 55 Chevy. Meeting a couple buddies for an early pre-show breakfast.
Daughter is planning on coming to the show bringing the two Grandsons. Lots of kids stuff to do. Car show is in conjunction with a huge church annual fundraiser.
Have a great weekend!!.

I'm outie, going to a car buddies' house to pick him up then off to taco bell, then a salvage yard. I am looking for a few items for another friend.

Then I will be back later to go sit in my demon that is sitting on blocks. I will sit in it and make engine noises and pretend I am driving around and being chased by boss Hogg. Then I will probably take a nap in the car. By then it will be close to the end of a perfect day in rainy land.

Well I survived another Grandparents Day school lunch.
Wife is gone until Sunday. Once a month she spends a weekend with her Mom.
Car show tomorrow, I'm taking the 55 Chevy. Meeting a couple buddies for an early pre-show breakfast.
Daughter is planning on coming to the show bringing the two Grandsons. Lots of kids stuff to do. Car show is in conjunction with a huge church annual fundraiser.
Have a great weekend!!.
Wow, you have a 55 Chevy??

Those can be so cool.

Wow, you have a 55 Chevy??

Those can be so cool.
Yes a nice old school custom 55 2dr Hardtop with a SBC 400.

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

Have a 78 player in the trunk Craig? The wind up kind with the drive wheel out the back to the ground? That was cool!:poke::rofl:

Hey @Rainy Day Auto ny ever see the Mopar 71 tape player recorder. Kind of cool, played tapes, could record your voice and also recorded from the radio onto the tape. Customer has one here in his six pack original car.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXNLI2IKr5ztwV3Lz6hz_WKVvkAsdb1uCFKPmgEtI2VfRImLlR.jpg

They also made a 8 track one, never saw one in person though.
s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Got ahold of an FM converter for the AM radio that came out of a 74 Dart Swinger.

That was pretty cool to have at the time.

That was a big jump from AM to FM.

Lol had a few of them. Grab them when I see them at the junkyard usually sell fast also.

Friend of mine had a 1959 or so Pontiac with a really cool radio/speaker in one you could pull out then it ran on batteries. Pretty cool for what it was.
01-Pontiac-1958-Sport-Radio-Lead.jpg

Hey Rani ever see the Mopar 71 tape player recorder. Kind of cool, played tapes, could record your voice and also recorded from the radio onto the tape. Customer has one here in his six pack original car.
View attachment 1715390309
They also made a 8 track one, never saw one in person though.
View attachment 1715390310

I am not at all familiar with the 8 track cassettes, only had the 4 track. And for those who wonder what this means, is that you need 2 tracks for stereo, 1 track for the left speaker and 1 track for the right speaker. Then, when at the end, you flip it over and play the other 2 tracks. The 8 track cassette I assume you have a switch to play 2 set of songs on each side.
I always used the 60 minute cassettes, never the 90 or 120. Too much "band salad" we called it. The tape material was so thin to get 50% or 100% more length in them that they did not hold up too well. Maybe expensive players were better.

If you bought a cassette with music on, I think the only size I have come across was 45 minute.

Bill

8 tracks had like four selections. Usuall 1-4 I guess the playing head shifted up or down 1/4 to play them? Never thought of it that way. Prob it was a continuous loop tape.

Never ever drop them when taking them apart. Ha we had a friend really into stones only, hated everything else. Wee took all his tapes out of the holders and put in Bing Crosby stuff. That was funny as hell.

I am not at all familiar with the 8 track cassettes, only had the 4 track. And for those who wonder what this means, is that you need 2 tracks for stereo, 1 track for the left speaker and 1 track for the right speaker. Then, when at the end, you flip it over and play the other 2 tracks. The 8 track cassette I assume you have a switch to play 2 set of songs on each side.
I always used the 60 minute cassettes, never the 90 or 120. Too much "band salad" we called it. The tape material was so thin to get 50% or 100% more length in them that they did not hold up too well. Maybe expensive players were better.

If you bought a cassette with music on, I think the only size I have come across was 45 minute.

Bill

8 track, then cassets were great for the time. Cassettes being a big improvement.

But they would both eat the tapes, when that happens it's "Party Over"

Is it Sprint Week in Calistoga this weekend ? Calistoga is close to me.
World of Outlaws Sprints at Chico tonight and tomorrow night. USAC Sprints at Merced tonight. USAC was at Calistoga las weekend for 2 nights. Outlaws at Calistoga 9/14 and Placerville 9/11 Stockton 9/13.

I think Taco Bell did away with the cheezy fries box, Now they only have the crunch wrap box and the chalupa box.

I had a crunch wrap but those are freaking huge, I still have half of it for later.

But wasn't an LP record about 45 minutes of music, around that ?

Bill
Yes, an album can hold right around 45minutes. So actual recorded time is usually a little less. But, cassette tapes were custom cut to whatever the longer side of the album was. If buying blanks, there were different lengths available from I think 30 to 120. I usually got 90min, so I could record a full album on each side. I would sometimes remove any extra tape if both albums were shorter than 45 minutes.

I still have my Sony Rack system with dual cassette tape deck and 5 disc CD player. I have a couple of dozen tapes that still sound good. I used to make mix tapes from the CD player for the car.

567AFDEF-713D-4BB2-AE1D-C1CB84B8F90E.jpeg

-
Back