Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looks like I need to cut the grass today. Chance of rain for the next few days. :wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::bs_flag:

I'm bettin that ain't no push mower..
Nope. Too much to mow. Power steering , hydrostat, and power deck lift. It works well.

x310.jpg

It's hard to find a mower with an adjustable seat.

My craftsman has one and at the time it was new the John Deere line I looked at didn't have that option and i could barely reach the pedals with tippy toe

It's hard to find a mower with an adjustable seat.

My craftsman has one and at the time it was new the John Deere line I looked at didn't have that option and i could barely reach the pedals with tippy toe
My seat is adjustable. The higher dollar models have them. THe ones they sell at the home improvement stores usually don't. I lookd=ed at both places before I bought mine and I ended up paying more for a used one than a new one from Home Depot but I think I got a better mower. Mine was made by John Deere in Horicon Wisconsin. Some of the big box store models are made by MTD and John Deere branded.

My seat is adjustable. The higher dollar models have them. THe ones they sell at the home improvement stores usually don't. I lookd=ed at both places before I bought mine and I ended up paying more for a used one than a new one from Home Depot but I think I got a better mower. Mine was made by John Deere in Horicon Wisconsin. Some of the big box store models are made by MTD and John Deere branded.
Most of their "lawn" tractors are made by somebody else but the "garden" or utility stuff is made by Deere.

I acutally put a car Bucket Seat on my 60" Swisher Zero turn with some good lumbar support. Huge improvement, the ground is rough and was really beating me up out there. So much so that I devised some small coil springs at the front wheel mounts to help take the shock out of it.

Much Better . . .

I think my craftsman is really a husqvarna.

The only things I don't like about it.

1. The seat vynil cracked in the first 2 years despite it being stored in a shed.

2. The battery went dead and junk in the first year which sears didn't want to do anything about.

3. It routinely kicks the mower belt off the crank pulley. So now in am in the habit of putting the belt over the crank before I start it, if not the blades won't engage and I have to shut it off and put the belt in place.

4. This year the neutral safety switch is hit and miss. I can get ready to go and turn the key and nothing so I have to use a screw driver across the solenoid to start it, and the next time I start it, the key might work. It's a 50/50 chance.

5. When it goes a long time, like more than a month between starts, it absolutely refuses to start unless I take the air cleaner off and blast it with a shot of carb cleaner to get it going.

Maybe they are all like that, maybe that is why Sears is where it is now. But that was a bit disappointing after spending like $1500. On the dang thing.

1. The seat vynil cracked in the first 2 years despite it being stored in a shed.

2. The battery went dead and junk in the first year which sears didn't want to do anything about.

3. It routinely kicks the mower belt off the crank pulley. So now in am in the habit of putting the belt over the crank before I start it, if not the blades won't engage and I have to shut it off and put the belt in place.

4. This year the neutral safety switch is hit and miss. I can get ready to go and turn the key and nothing so I have to use a screw driver across the solenoid to start it, and the next time I start it, the key might work. It's a 50/50 chance.

5. When it goes a long time, like more than a month between starts, it absolutely refuses to start unless I take the air cleaner off and blast it with a shot of carb cleaner to get it going.

Maybe they are all like that, maybe that is why Sears is where it is now. But that was a bit disappointing after spending like $1500. On the dang thing.
I also have a craftsman rider but I have had zero issues with it. It has been flawless so far.

Zero turn Green and Yellow up here in Fargo for the three weeks we have to mow. Loved the idea of coil springs on front wheels. Mmmm? Happy Friday, one of my buddies in LE is trying to get me to take yet another German Shepard rescue hound. So far I am sticking with no as I do not want a death match in my kitchen over a morsel.

My husqvarna was doing great, 23 hp 48” cut. I broke 2/3 spindles when i ran over a piece of firewood in long grass. 60 apiece to replace them.
7 years 300 hours on it.
I really cant say anything bad about it, turns well and hydrostatic is nice.
Now it only mows around the house, as my
L1500 kubota runs a 5 foot mower to cut the back 8 acres. And this year the back 8 was cut 2 times. About 5 gallons of fuel.

Boy I hear you about all the things that can go wrong with the mowers and keeping up mowing the acerage.

Here is my Diesel Powered Plan B that I put a 80" rear mount mower on for when things get out of hand. Been through may different mowers over the years, this one knocks them dead.

Constant mowing this Summer with all the rain we have had, wish I was getting paid for it. Lol . . .

Ford3415.jpg

Zero turn Green and Yellow up here in Fargo for the three weeks we have to mow. Loved the idea of coil springs on front wheels. Mmmm? Happy Friday, one of my buddies in LE is trying to get me to take yet another German Shepard rescue hound. So far I am sticking with no as I do not want a death match in my kitchen over a morsel.
I should have tried a zero turn. It would cut my mowing time in half. I usually stripe so back and forth. (wish it looked like this now)

20150508_185527.jpg50.jpg

falconfriV.jpg

It's Falcon Friday!
USAC 410 Sprints at the speedway tomorrow night :D.
The last event of their "Sprint Week" Calistoga 2 nights, Petaluma, Merced, Santa Maria.
Busy week. :D

Cruise in tonight....cars and coffee in the morning!! Should be a great time!!!! Got to get seat time in before snowballs are hitting us in the ***!!!! These days are numbered....

View attachment 1715390232

It's Falcon Friday!
USAC 410 Sprints at the speedway tomorrow night :D.
The last event of their "Sprint Week" Calistoga 2 nights, Petaluma, Merced, Santa Maria.
Busy week. :D

That's such a great picture: "The Spirt of Fun"

Here is another Falcon for you, 1963. Guy in town here has it, it is running and driving now.

IMG95201908189516394660995HDR.jpg

All FoMoCo car show just up the street next weekend. Week after is Cruzin' For Life car show fund raiser for Cancer treatment. Cancer survivor cruise on Friday evening. Week after that is Old Days in a neighboring village and it has a car show.

-
Back