Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I started a strip routine this evening but it started raining and I ran out of daylight because I was stripping outside next to the garage.

Oh yea, forgot a pic of the fenders I was stripping

20190906_174039.jpg

20190906_181721.jpg

What car are those fenders for ?

Bill
They are the 63 fenders that came with my wagon.
At first I thought they were junk because I could see bondo in them and really thick paint so I figured they were full of bondo.

In the mean time I came across a parts car with a really nice front end, only thing is that it's a 65.

So I am building a 63 wagon with a 65 front end.

So today I was thinking I should scrap the "junk " fenders but when I picked them up, i got really curious as to how junk are they...... really.

So I figured there is only one true way to find out.

I found four coats of paint, I found a coat of blue that I absolutely never saw before. I didn't find much bondo but the bondo I did find seems to have been applied tastefully and correctly. There is a little bit of rot on the driver side behind where the moulding was.

So now I am glad I checked, I am calling them workable fenders.

So now I am going to completely strip and primer them and hang them from the ceiling in my barn in case I ever need them.

Never know, I might buy another early A that might need fenders.

As for the wagon, I am keeping the 65 front end on it and installing the 65 interior to include bucket seats and make a barrawagon

CIMG0144.JPG

20181227_143756.jpg

At first I thought they were junk because I could see bondo in them and really thick paint so I figured they were full of bondo.

In the mean time I came across a parts car with a really nice front end, only thing is that it's a 65.

So today I was thinking I should scrap the "junk " fenders but when I picked them up, i got really curious as to how junk are they...... really.

I found four coats of paint, I found a coat of blue that I absolutely never saw before. I didn't find much bondo but the bondo I did find seems to have been applied tastefully and correctly. There is a little bit of rot on the driver side behind where the moulding was.

So now I am going to completely strip and primer them and hang them from the ceiling in my barn in case I ever need them.

As for the wagon, I am keeping the 65 front end on it and installing the 65 interior to include bucket seats and make a barrawagon

View attachment 1715390595

View attachment 1715390596

Nice, I am weak for wagons. :) So, how much is different and how much is equal on the 63-65 Dodge Dart and Plymouth Valiant wagons ?

Bill

I absolutely love wagons. They might actually be my favorite........ or close second to a 74 or 75 duster.

Have you ever seen my valiant thread
Fireside Valiant chat

Are you familiar with Ulf from Sweden and his Dart's ? He took the two pics. below, he was visiting from Sweden. It is my first Dodge, which I used from 1981 to 1987. Pictures taken in 1989, I still had it but sold it shortly after. Partly burnt in the engine compartment.
Wish I still had it.

Bill

1965-Dodge-Dart-Myown-a.jpg

1965-Dodge-Dart-Myown-b.jpg

Woke up. Dog pacing. Power is out and pitch black.
Farmer is deep tilling the field behind my house and hit a pole.
Power was still on when i got home after evening tea. So i guess they are fixing it tonight.
Very windy out, at least it isnt raining.
I saw a hydro worker up on a pole near the bridge a couple winters back,-40 and wind howling,those guys are tough.

Power was still on when i got home after evening tea. So i guess they are fixing it tonight.
I saw a hydro worker up on a pole near the bridge a couple winters back,-40 and wind howling,those guys are tough.

"Evening tea", are you Canadians more tea drinkers than Americans ? I never drink coffee, I tried to get used to it in my younger days, it got worse every time I tried it so finaly I said to myself, I better stop before it get too bad. But tea I drink as long as I can have it sweet.
I miss a little rough weather, lights out, and that sort of things. Here where I live we do not have weather changes. A bit of rain in something they call winter in these neck of the woods, and dry for over half a year. Same story every day. Oh give me strength it is boring.... lol

Bill

View attachment 1715390595

View attachment 1715390596

Why not put the 63 fenders on and keep it original???

I have a good friend from high school that now lives in Colorado near Colarado Springs that is a power linesman...

No way would I go up that high to work... :realcrazy:

Why not put the 63 fenders on and keep it original???
Well now that I know they are good, it's an option.

Even still, I think I still like the 65 front end better. The 65 stuff is just more available. 63 is a lot of one year only and even the front bumper is almost impossible to find. The 65 bumpers are around, they interchange with 64 and barracuda so quite a few around.

I definitely want the 65 dash and bucket seats, so I am not too worried about originally on this little crusher refugee. I also decided to paint it a non mopar color (i will reveal closer to the time). The paint is going to be a high dollar paint system. With no expense being spared for paint, I am marrying the car for what I am going to spend on it vs. What it's worth.

Besides I like the bumper guards on the 65 bumper, that single detail makes it worth using the 65 front end.

Maybe I am just over thinking details too........

Maybe not though

Actually i should re think this whole build again

I got these babies in the mail today.

So its offical, a V8 is going in that car.

Someone had sent me a link to a craigslist ad for these mounts. I texted the guy and he was like , yea they are available. So I thought, ok it's worth a chance.
So I asked him for his PayPal address, he says, I don't have PayPal, send me a check.

I almost backed out of the deal but then I decided to check it out more, so I got to talking to him. The more we talked the more I got a good feeling and thought he is a decent guy and a real mopar guy.

So I took a risk and sent a money order. He texted me at my office when he recieved the check, and when he shipped.

Today they showed up. Ended up getting them for 50 bucks shipped which is why it was worth the risk.

There are a lot of good people out there.

20190906_235453.jpg

20190906_235436.jpg

-
Back